Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1

Go down 
+20
Mullane
Taio
Faust
bonsai
emmanuel5
Andromus
Camaro
lakerz
catbytes
mindysue
jkeerie
SuperEdy
AngDMC
HandsFree
Lady Kestrel
winfrey
danyboy
hatshepsut
GreyFuss
Gelert
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:35 am

You are correct Mr Gee
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:39 am

Gelert wrote:

Lunar Deep

As soon as I saw this screenie, I suspected the exact same thing - before I saw the answer, then scrolled down to see that I was correct.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:23 pm

Gelert your turn to put a screen shot up Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Could someone else take my turn pleeeease? flower
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:59 pm

ok Gelert Smile Next

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 Nta-2-1

hatshepsut

Last edited by hatshepsut on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:06 pm

Hats

Could you make your pictures a bit bigger or make the thumbnails clickable
where we would get a larger pic?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Is that better GreyFuss ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Thats a bit better. The small pictures is hard enough to see on a large screen I can only imagine how hard it would be on a small screen.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:51 pm

A small screen hmmm yes I suppose that could be a problem to see.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 2:53 am

hatshepsut, can we get a hint or another picture? I have no clue what this game is even though the pic sorta looks familiar to me.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 3:26 am

Here's another screenshot from the same 2008 game

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 Atim

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 5:43 pm

I 'm pretty sure it's "The Abbey" (also known as "Murder in the Abbey" in some countries).
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:03 pm

emmanuel5 yes it is The Abbey aka Murder in the Abbey Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:22 pm

This should be of medium difficulty:

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 Shot2
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:36 pm

lol! lol! lol!

I always get a good chuckle when someone mentions how easy a screenshot is to recognize. Sure it would be easy if you played the game.
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:11 pm

Actually, this isn't that easy; I would consider this to be of medium difficulty. Just like all the screenshots I have posted so far, it's from a game that comes from the "good ol' DOS years", so younger gamers might have never played it. I assure you that it's not some obscure game that 5 or 6 people in the whole world have ever heard of. Let's say it's one of the less successful games of a well-known and respected company that has given us many wonderful adventures.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:19 pm

emmanuel5 wrote:
so younger gamers might have never played it.

Thank you for the compliment Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:57 pm

I believe the game is Bureau 13. I only know this because it gave me quite a surprise when I was sorting through my "other" pc titles one day.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Playing the game does not guarantee being able to guess the game! Like I so totally remembered playing that particular scene from Murder In The Abbey up above, but I absolutely could not recall the name of the game. I never would have guessed it as that game never even came to my mind at all, but the minute I saw the title I knew it was correct.
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:35 am

Yes, well done, Mullane! It’s indeed “Bureau 13” by Take 2, based on an obscure pen & paper RPG of the same name and released in 1995. Sorry I was a bit late to answer but I've been at work these past days.

The game has a very interesting premise: You control a team of agents with extraordinary abilities (a witch who can cast spells, a vampire who can turn to mist, a girl in a robotic suit, a thief and a hacker) who investigate a series of strange murder cases and paranormal phenomena. Each one can use his own special skills to go ahead with the investigations and there are multiple solutions to the puzzles depending on which character you play with. That’s a really neat idea, isn’ it? Unfortunately, a clever idea by itself isn’t enough to make a great game. The story is uninspired and predictable and the dull graphics, definitely sub-par compared to other adventure games of that time, don’t help much either. I also found it a bit boring and it took me several months to finish it, not because it’s overly difficult or something; it’s just that after an hour or so I would be so bored that I ‘d place the disk back in its box and put it away.

In conclusion, “Bureau 13” is by all means not a bad game at all but there are much better adventure games out there. With better graphics and a more interesting plot I’m sure that it could have been a success. As it is, it’s just a game worth buying only if you find it at a budget pin or on ebay at a low price.

Back to top Go down
AlanThorn
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:09 pm

A slight digression here, please feel free to move this post elsewhere if appropriate.

That screenshot of Bureau 13 puts me in mind of another indie game made back in around 1995 or 1996. It was a hybrid of genres, featuring RPG and adventure elements. I played the demo when it was released but somehow never managed to buy the full game. I have been trying to find this game for a long time now. The name was something like "The Synergist" or "Synergy", and it featured digitised sprites and was played in a third-person isometric view (or maybe a top-down view). The setting was perhaps post-apocalyptic. Does any anybody recall this game?

I think the game featured on the PC Format games compilation disc released at Christmas, for either 1995 or 1996.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Does this look familiar Alan? http://www.adventurepoint.co.uk/#/synnergist/4525523621
Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 IMGP5326
Back to top Go down
AlanThorn
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:05 pm

Ah, yes. Thank you, Greyfuss. This is certainly the game that I was thinking about. Both the box cover and graphics are familiar. This will give me something to play while I take a short break from game development, assuming I can find a copy somewhere Smile
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:12 pm

AlanThorn wrote:
This will give me something to play while I take a short break from game development,

I assume this means that you already have an idea for your next game after Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok. Care to give a hint?

BTW: I see that the Baron is all set to release, good luck with it. I can't wait to play (Now that I know there wont be any Chinese Checker puzzles)
Back to top Go down
AlanThorn
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:32 pm

Thank you. I believe the first shipment of Baron Wittard copies have already been dispatched, ahead of the release date.

As for my next game, I have no concrete plans at present. But at the moment an eclectic mix of games are inspiring me. These are:

>Rhem 3
>Bad Mojo
>Lighthouse
>Double Switch (PC/Mega CD)
>Teenage Lawnmower

I will have to wait and see what develops Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next