Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). Empty
PostSubject: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:28 am

At last! The english translation for this great game is here! sunny cheers

https://adventurepoint.forumotion.com/t1088-hollywood-monsters-in-englisch
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Thanks tsampikos Smile I'm going to be looking for Hollywood Monsters now Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Bastos
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:08 pm

Correct me if wrong, but there was an English version of Hollywood Monsters, although it was a beta....
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyperiondreams.be
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Pendulo had made an english beta version of the game back in 1998. But it never saw the light of the day,nobody knows why. Just some reviewers had the possibility to take it in hand. This patch is here to cover this hole somehow. Wink
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:22 pm

I have downloaded the patch to my desktop and it was a rar file and I threw it in the folder for the hollywood monsters... but, when I try to open the patch it goes to steam... and it is still in spanish! how can I get this to patch to work? I am dumber than a box of rocks, so need really detailed instructions. thanks so much.
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:43 pm

Well you have to follow this process:

1. Download and Install game

2. Download Patch (the one for the Digital Download Version of the game NOT the patch for the retail version)

3. Unpack the patch (using winrar,7zip or another similar program).

4. Copy the data from the patch folder over to the folder where the game is installed and overwrite when asked

5. Double click on the patched monsters.exe to play the game.

6. IF you want to use a shortcut then you should change the shortcut too. Remove the old one, which is spanish. Make a shortcut for the english patched monsters.exe file.

That's it.The whole process is a 2 Minutes job. Wink

The Patch and the game have nothing to do with Steam.
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:05 pm

I didn't understand the spanish page and so I just kept on clicking on stuff until it downloaded. how do I know that I got the digital version and not the retail version patch?

thank you. I just downloaded something called easyzip and was hoping that that would help me with my unzipping problems. everything always comes up with that wrench on it and then it goes to steam! I am getting so sick of steam... and why does it go there????? will give it a try. thanks again.
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:15 pm

I have posted here the link for the digital version patch. You will find it in the technical help section of the forum in the hollywood monsters thread. You have to create an account in the FX Interactive website and activate it via e-mail.Use an on line translator. It's easy. Then an FX interactive application will be installed and right after that the game installation will take place. You can't use the contents of a zipped/packed folder unless you unpack it. The most popular freeware tool for this job is 7zip but easyzip should do the job too.
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:15 pm

Thank you! I have English subtitles now, thanks to you. The inventory still has Spanish words, I will have to look them up, but when I talk to the guy sitting down I can read it in English. Whew. I did download a different winzip program... well, I downloaded three different ones... and after messing around with it this morning I finally got it working. Again, thanks for your help and for telling us about this game!!
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Glad to see that you got it working! Smile

Although there is still some problem. Inventory and contents should be all in english! I can't understand why such an easy process was so complicated for you. If you use steam get rid of it.It's crap and pure money loss. If it shuts down you lose everything you have paid for. Install 7zip in your computer and associate the archived files with it. Make the whole process once more, exactly as discribed above. Then you will get it working without any single problem and everything translated in english, included inventory and items, except the spanish voice. Just do it. Smile If you want to play the game do it the right way.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 pm

I got Hollywood Monsters downloaded too Smile That was quite an experience translating line by line to get the download Very Happy . I haven't tried applying the patch yet. Is the 7zip easy to use ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:27 pm

You translated line by line? That was probably the best way. i just kept clicking on stuff until I saw a download! The zip file must be pretty easy, as I got it to work and I am really computer challenged. The only problem I have is that the verbs for the inventory are still in spanish, I don't know how to change that, but i found out the hablar is talk, coger is take, mirar is look, usar is use, abrir is open, cerrar is close, and dar is give... so I have those written down and I should be able to play the game now!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:12 pm

The translating was a bit time consuming. Enjoy the game mbday630 Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:42 pm

@hatshepsut

7zip ist the best freeware archiving tool. The most popular I would say.I use this and izarc I will make a ready to play version and send it to mbday630, since he owns the legal copy too. Wink
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:26 pm

Great! thanks.
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:41 pm

No problem bro! Wink I will send it to you tomorrow! Smile
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:39 am

This is good news! I own the Spanish language boxed Hollywood Monsters but had a really hard time playing through it. I just now tried re-installing and loading up the patch, and it seems to work good. Kudos to the developers of the patch, they've done a good service to the adventure game community with this! Now I get to play through the game and actually understand what I'm doing, LOL
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 6:57 am

Thanks again for the geniuses who developed the translation patch. I finally was able to play through the game, and it was worth playing. Even with the language patch I got stuck several times. This was not an easy game for me at all. I did enjoy the graphics and the humor though. I'm happy to finally play to the end!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).   NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997). Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).
Page 1 of 1