Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD Empty
PostSubject: Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD   Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:04 am

I'm sure others have heard about this auction that recently ended. For those who haven't, check the expired auction link out:

Amazing game collection!!!

22 game systems, every game included. Japanese versions of the games looks like. Pretty amazing, this collector had to have dedicated a whole lot of time and money to do this. A collector in Canada placed the winning "buy it now" bid of 1 million euros was placed to buy it all up. Anyone we know?!? lol!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD   Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:57 am

Wow that is just unbelieveable.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD   Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:06 am

I know this topic is a few weeks old, but I just saw it now, and I'm wondering - how or where did that buyer get that kind of money (1 million) to spend on games and stuff, did he/she hit the Canadaian lottery, or what? scratch
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD   Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 2:48 am

I guess you would have to ask him/her to know for sure. Shocked

Since ther are literally millions of millionaires around the world, there definitely are a lot of people that can indulge in a mega game buy like this.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD   Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:46 pm

lakerz wrote:
I guess you would have to ask him/her to know for sure. Shocked

Since ther are literally millions of millionaires around the world, there definitely are a lot of people that can indulge in a mega game buy like this.

Oh, I didn't know this. I thought the millionaires were few and far (what folks like my family & local friends would describe as a "only a handful") in between among people like us here at AP. So how did they get that rich, I mean they're not all doctors and lawyers are they?
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD   Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:07 pm

I would be curious if the buyer was going to open the games and play or save them as an investment in their unopened pristine condition.

If you just take the millionaires in professional sports and they number in the hundreds probably thousands. Speaking of sports millionaires, many of them go for extravagant man cave rooms...I wonder....could the purchaser just want to stock a personal entertainment room with almost every game and console made to impress their friends?
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD   Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:26 am

"could the purchaser just want to stock a personal entertainment room with almost every game and console made to impress their friends?"

GreyFuss, it's like you read my mind. Very Happy I've always wanted to do something like this. Well, not every game and console, but have a nice big room just to hook up all the legacy PCs and consoles with a nice big flat screen and comfy chairs for whenever me (and my friends) are in a gaming mood.

AlienBZ, yeah, you would be surprised at how many millionaires there are. There are several million of them just living in the USA alone I think. Another several million living in Japan/China/Korea. A big number in Canada also I'm sure.

I like to think of myself as a millionaire also. For right now though, I'd have to convert my savings into alternative currencies to be a member though, heh. Does having a million pesos count? What a Face
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD   Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:43 am

lakerz wrote:

I like to think of myself as a millionaire also. For right now though, I'd have to convert my savings into alternative currencies to be a member though, heh. Does having a million pesos count? What a Face
Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD 20
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD   Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD Empty

Back to top Go down

Crazy ebay auction with winning bid of over million USD
Page 1 of 1