Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :)

Go down 
+2
haroldw
Gelert
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :) Empty
PostSubject: Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :)   Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :) EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Hi Adventure Pointers .......... This looks very VERY good ! Smile)
Thankyou, Simon, for this great news ! Smile)  Smile

"Hello Wayne !
I’m very happy to send you below my press relay introducing my new game project !
Cheers,
Simon

Simon Says: Watch! Play! is pleased to introduce the 3rd project of the Black Cube series from Simon Mesnard : ‘Catyph: The Kunci Experiment’. It's a 1st person adventure game to be released in Summer 2014, and similar to our previous ASA: A Space Adventure. In Catyph:TKE, a sci-fi oriented point & click, you start on a moon called Tytaah divided into several regions, where you'll face challenging puzzles in various environments.

It is not a direct sequel to ASA and doesn't require to know it already.

Catyph:TKE has once again been thought like a cinematographic experiment, an interactive story and exploration : it will feature realistic graphics and CG cutscenes, to follow our initial short film 'Catyph'. Like in ASA, the storyline of the game will be developed for an immersive experience.
You play in 2062 as an astronaut sent by Terra to explore the solar system in search for signs of intelligent life. After going through strange events, you finally land on Tytaah, a moon of planet Catyph. You quickly realise that a mechanism called the Kunci is the reason of your presence here, and a man of unknown identity asks you to make it work for him. You'll have to explore the moon and other places to gather more informations and understand the situation.

Gameplay:
Catyph has a traditionnal point & click gameplay similar to the Myst series. It is created within the Visionaire Studio engine used by the Daedalic teams (Deponia). With the help of the data you collect, and the support of your AI, you will visit Tytaah and try to access all the regions of this moon. Your main mission : understanding what the Kunci is. All the game relies on exploration and discovery.

Features :
- Discover a new story in the Black Cube series (ASA, The Black Tower)
- Visit new and varied areas with realistic graphics
- Developed with Visionaire Studio (Daedalic), allowing HD graphics and more flexibility
- Different difficulty levels
- And of course, all new puzzles !

About :
Release : Summer 2014
Platforms : PC (Mac and Linux if possible)
Categories : Adventure, Point-and-Click, Puzzle, Indie
Genre : Sci-fi
DRM : DRM free
Language : English, French (possibly Italian and Spanish)
No crowdfunding, no Kickstarter. Never. Catyph is homemade with love.

Media :

Screenshots and videos :
www.catyph.fr

Don't miss the Catyph opening movie :
on Vimeo - Here !
or Youtube - Here !

About me :
I am currently active in creating short films and indie video games on my own, and waiting to team up with other artists. My first projects - short films and games, including ASA - were initially published under my personal name, but I now tend to use a different approach as a freelancer, known as "Simon Says: Watch! Play!". It describes my intention to work on both sides of my passion, films and games, and my will to share my work with people.

I’m also the author of the project TBT: The Black Tower - Prototype, an indie J-RPG inspired by the PS1 era that interested a lot of people, but failed to crowdfund on Indiegogo this year in May. This project TBT is currently on sleep and waiting for a better opportunity to come back.

ASA, TBT and Catyph, and possible other works to come, are part of my "Black Cube" series, with stories about the discovery of a mysterious Black Cube, in a different place, at a different time, and usually by a different hero.

Simon's website - Here !"

Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :) Catyph11

Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :) Catyph13

Last edited by Gelert on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
haroldw
Wanderer's Apprentice

Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :)   Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :) EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 10:12 pm

Thanks for sharing this Mr. Gelert. This is the 1st time i've ever seen a game press release. The phrase Visionair Studio caught my eye. I've only seen 1 other game using that engine. Looks like they're creating things I didn't know that engine
could create.

I must say, I've never seen this new technology shown in the trailer - they must have some sort of "secret weapon"
(i.e. development tool) or custom code to boost Visionar Studio capabilities.

Something else I need to say is when I registered , It was the design approach you used for this site, that got me hooked. Its
just like an adventure game. This could be the only Forums that use flash. also love the action and ambient tunes in the background, Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :)   Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :) EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 11:37 pm

Thanks haroldw. You are one of few to have recognised what I was attempting to create when I felt inspired to creating Adventure Point all those years ago. Seriously. Thankyou. I'm smiling. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Simon_ASA
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :)   Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 11:27 am

Thanks Gelert for the thread ! I'm glad to find news about Catyph on your forums Smile I hope that there are some people here who played ASA and will discuss of Catyph soon.

haroldw wrote:
I must say, I've never seen this new technology shown in the trailer - they must have some sort of "secret weapon"

Don't be mistaken, the video I released is a short film in prerendered 3D (it's like an intro movie for the game). The game itself will look like a traditional 1st person adventure game. My previous game ASA is a good example, despite that Catyph will have some improvements.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :)   Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :) EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 3:34 am

Looking forward to Catyph's release.  What a Face 
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :)   Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :) EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 1:49 pm

Looks really good  flower 

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :)   Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 4:21 am

Simon has a great passion and I hope he gets his due with Catyph.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :)   Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :) EmptySun May 18, 2014 2:13 am

I hope so also GreyFuss. I wonder how well ASA sold? I was impressed with how many game portals ended up carrying the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :)   Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Catyph : The Kunci Experiment .. New Adventure from Simon Mesnard, the creator of the excellent ASA :)
Page 1 of 1