Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

*** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***

Go down 
+7
danyboy
Gelert
jkeerie
winfrey
Mystery Lover
hatshepsut
GreyFuss
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

*** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 8:05 pm

Oh, no, sir, I'm sorry, sir. I could never answer to a whistle.

One of my all time favorites Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:35 pm

That would be "The Sound of Music"...and I'm with you, Winfrey. It's in my top five! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:41 pm

As, you know, you are correct--- should we sing the movie Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:48 pm

This one will see who shares the same taste in movies that I do:

"You a Yankee fan?
No, Baltimore.
Baltimore? That's like being hit in the head with a crow bar once a day."

And from the same movie:

"I beg pardon...
"I beg pardon?" What are you so polite about?
For the same reason you are not: it's the way I was brought up."

And yes Hat..."To Kill a Mockingbird" won 3 oscars, notably best actor, Gregory Peck...as well he should! Also best screenplay.

Last edited by jkeerie on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:52 pm

oh[oh- I know-- but I will let others try first :bounce:
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:56 pm

Incredible cast in this one! So many strong character performances! Let's face it, this movie was all about the actors!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:56 pm

jkeerie, I thought so. Gregory Peck is just so good in everything. Not bad looking either Smile

12 Angry Men ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 10:08 pm

Something that really fascinated me was in the movie "Capote" (another great performance by Philip Seymour Hoffman), his dear friend was Nelle Harper Lee (played by Catherine Keener) who wrote the novel.

And...yes those quotes were from "Twelve Angry Men"...another in my top five movies. Bonus who can tell me the two actors in the first quote? In the second, one of the actors wasn't that well known, but in the first...both actors went on to become quite well known.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 10:36 pm

jkeerie I think the two actors from the first quote were Jack Warden and Jack Klugman. I think it was George Voskove and Ed Begley from the second quote. I believe that the movie Capote was taken from a screenplay ( i can't remember who) taken from the book Capote: A Biography by Gerald Clarke. Philip Seymor Hoffman is a very good actor I think.

You call this a happy family? Why do we have all these kids.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 10:42 pm

Well....before anyone starts quoting from the silent movies... *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 5 Thats funny no.. really it is

I am going to propose a rule change so us younger members *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 4 may be able to join in the fun and play this game.
I think we need to set a time frame for the movies. For starters lets amend the rules to read... That the movies must be from 1970 on to the present day. That gives 40 years of movie making to choose from. Of course there is always the option to start another game thread, Movies Older than Dirt Trivia game. Cool

My Great Grandmother use to tell me stories about some of the movies I have seen posted here while I was sitting on her lap. A couple of others I saw on the History Channel

So what do ya say? After the next guess this new rule will go into affect? Legal wavers will need to be signed to avoid future litigation.

Last edited by GreyFuss on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 10:45 pm

Very good, Hat! George Voskova is one that I would have had to look up. He's not exactly a household name. That entire cast was so good!

GF...Haven't you ever heard of television????? You don't think that we actually saw these movies in the theater do you???? It's the older movies...that for the most part...that are more memorable.

In deference to your request...I will endeavor to be more "current." However, I will reserve the right to throw in any of the "talkies" from any decade...should a quote or two pop into my head.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 11:17 pm

GreyFus you are so funny. You actually watch the History Channel. hmmm

jkeerie like you I have never seen any of the movies mentioned any where but on tv.

But I will bow to the wishes of GreyFuss. There are plenty of good movies made since 70.

If a hint is needed for my quote. In this classic 1942 movie the character might have been sorry for what he wished for. Ring any bells ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 11:33 pm

Pharaoh Queen

My Great Grandmother would like to know if the movie is Bells of St Mary? (she can barely read the type)
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 11:36 pm

LOL!!! You are a naughty monster!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 11:40 pm

Hat...the movie would be "It's a Wonderful Life" I believe.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 11:43 pm

Great Gramma says she really liked Its a Wonderful Life. Myself I have only heard about it. Oops...she just nodded off.
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 11:45 pm

LOL!! I have never seen that movie, honestly.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:03 am

It's on every Christmas season. Sort of hard to miss...unless you're just not interested.
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:05 am

I do not think I ever watched a black & white movie!
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:23 am

There are a lot of good ones...made before color film....with excellent stories. If you decide not to watch on the basis of "black and white" you mill out on a lot of classics!

Back to topic...was I correct, Hat???
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:37 am

lol! GreyFuss you are such a naughty ol Grue. No sorry it's not Bells of St Mary's. When Great Grandma wakes up tell her she has excellent taste in movies.

Mystery Lover you are missing some very good black and white movies.

jkeerie you are correct it is It's a Wonderful Life

hatshepsut farao

Last edited by hatshepsut on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 am

Okay...here's one more "recent."

"Hey...how you feeling there, Roy?
Pretty F....ing unappreciated."
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:59 am

Would that Be Die Hard JK?
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:02 am

That would definitely be Die Hard, ML!!!!! Unfortunately, that quote is something I often remember....particularly some days at work! Laughing Your turn!

At least we know the movie won't be "black and white." Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:15 am

LOL!!!

Okay here's an easy one: "Why so serious?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***   *** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game *** - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

*** Movie Quotes & Trivia Game ***
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next