Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!

Go down 
+9
Taio
lakerz
GreyFuss
jkeerie
zobraks
HandsFree
Lady Kestrel
hatshepsut
Gelert
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:26 pm

Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 532615 Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 111949
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:34 pm

Greyfuss, you remind me of the man who prayed every week to win the lottery. After a couple years of this, God finally told him that it might help if he actually bought a lottery ticket. Very Happy
Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 3
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:38 pm

Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 15
No...really, its true.......why won't anybody believe me Sad
Back to top Go down
zobraks
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
zobraks

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:44 am

Gelert wrote:
Gonchi .................................................. 38pts
SuperEdy .............................................. 37pts
HandsFree ........................................... 36pts
Lady Kestrel (without Excel) .............. 35pts
With these familiar names What a Face from many quizes and forums in the game hardly anyone stands a chance to win for sure Sad .

I'm using Excel (to no avail Laughing ), but could you please write 'without Excel' after my score. Perhaps then it would look less embarrassing. Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:01 pm

You should reread the rules and this thread, Zobraks. First and second place will automatically win prizes, but Gelert will be having drawings for the other 3 games. I'm not even in the running but just playing for fun.
Back to top Go down
zobraks
zobraks

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:57 pm

zobraks wrote:
Gelert wrote:
Gonchi .................................................. 38pts
SuperEdy .............................................. 37pts
Lady Kestrel (without Excel) .............. 35pts
With these familiar names What a Face from many quizes and forums in the game hardly anyone stands a chance to win for sure Sad .
Lady Kestrel wrote:
You should reread the rules and this thread, Zobraks. First and second place will automatically win prizes, but Gelert will be having drawings for the other 3 games.
I've read the rules, and it's clear that only the first two contestants win for sure (the others have to pray to Lady Luck). So what I meant was: "With these familiar names What a Face from many quizes and forums in the game hardly anyone else stands a chance to be the first or second in the competition Sad."
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:26 pm

Okay .................. from now on familiar names are banned ............................ ONLY KIDDING! lol!

Otherwise the only names we'd see would be UNfamiliar ones like scratch ............... Wrigglebottom, Snifflepants, Tremblebosom and Fnurfleplop!

Although, on second thoughts, I'm sure I went out with a Tremblebosom once! Or was that one real ale too many again? Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 428568

Hmm! .................. She could certainly drink, bless her! Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 518783
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:44 pm

I think Zobraks point is that there are some definite "ringers" that have entered the contest...but that's to their credit. They obviously have played a lot of adventure games and are well versed in their screenshots. While others of us have lesser experience and overall game knowledge. Quite honestly I am humbled by many of the participants in this game and particularly the top four.

I was absolutely elated to recognize the few that I did! I initially wasn't even going to try because I literally felt "clueless" when I viewed the screenshots. Although the Excel file "grade" in each of the quizzes isn't the most encouraging, I made an effort...and will be anxious to see the final answers as there are still one or two that seem familiar but.... scratch

Quite frankly...in watching the "leader board" I was pulling for the folks that have frequented these forums and that I've come to know in sharing screenshot, movie pics, movie quotes, comments about games and TV shows, and life etc. They have made this forum an interesting and fun place to visit. So my heart is with them. Very Happy Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 283947
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:52 pm

jkeerie wrote:
I think Zobraks point is that there are some definite "ringers" that have entered the contest...but that's to their credit. They obviously have played a lot of adventure games and are well versed in their screenshots. While others of us have lesser experience and overall game knowledge. Quite honestly I am humbled by many of the participants in this game and particularly the top four.

Hi JK! This is PRECISELY why I decided beforehand on the drawing system. As there are 5 prizes, this system fits perfectly for this purpose.

For contests where I have only one prize, though, I'm stumped as to how to give all levels of knowledge of screenshots a chance. I'll think on it though. study

By the way, though, in spite of this, the drawing will be done completely fairly with no advantage given either way. You'll just have to trust me on that. So, no rows and fisticuffs, okay?? lol!

I have my GIANT TOMBOLA at the ready! lol!

On the other hand, some of you may be fighting to give YOUR prize away! Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 428568 Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 561311
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:26 am

Scores update - 4th June - ONE DAY TO GO!.

Let me know immediately if you think your score doesn't tally with the total you've already submitted to me.

The scores so far (you still have until midnight June 5th UK time to submit your answers to both Part A and Part B):

Gonchi .................................................. 39pts
SuperEdy .............................................. 38pts
Lady Kestrel (without Excel) .............. 36pts
Zobraks ................................................ 29pts
hatshepsut ........................................... 27pts
Taio ....................................................... 24pts
Andromus ............................................. 23pts
TechnoSpike ......................................... 16pts
JKeerie .................................................. 13pts
lakerz ......................................................5pts
Camaro .................................................. 2pts

As it stands, Gonchi and SuperEdy would be guaranteed prizes if they stay 1st and 2nd. The remainder of the contestants would go into a draw for the remaining three prizes.

Please ................ keep plugging away! It could be crucial!!! lol!

Last edited by Gelert on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gonchi
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:34 am

Surely I'm not that well know. I haven't participated in a trivia quiz in about a year (Lady K's Hat Quiz at JA+). Neutral
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:04 am

You're infamous, Gonchi. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gonchi
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:22 am

You think I'm a horrible, evil, murdering, villainous monster? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:02 am

No, I think you're a nice guy, underneath it all. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:07 am

Entries for the contest are now closed.

I'll be updating you on the results and giving further info. plus the results of the drawing tomorrow (UK time).

I know, after all your hard work, I'm making you wait a bit longer. But not too much longer, I promise.

'Nite! Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 15470 ........................... ONLY kidding! .................. see below!!! What a Face

Last edited by Gelert on Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:17 am

No Awwww, Gelert! I was hoping you'd at least post the answers tonight.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:45 am

Yep, hate to break it to you Gonchi, but you well known in these parts for knowing your adventure games. Smile SuperEdy as well of course. HandsFree is a new name to me, but I'm sure has a rep as well haha.

Lady Kestrel .... wow, very nice job of scoring that high in points without even being to use Excel.

Really, I think anything over 20 points is spot on! Looking at my paltry 5 points is just sad. I obviously need to start playing a lot more adventure games. My big problem is, even the games I play, I can't identify the darned screenshots a year later. lol!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:43 am

Scores update - 5thJune -

THE FINAL STANDINGS!

Gonchi .................................................. 39pts
SuperEdy .............................................. 38pts
Lady Kestrel (without Excel) .............. 36pts
Zobraks ................................................ 32pts
hatshepsut ........................................... 27pts
Taio ....................................................... 24pts
Andromus ............................................. 23pts
TechnoSpike ......................................... 17pts
JKeerie .................................................. 13pts
lakerz ......................................................5pts
Camaro .................................................. 2pts

Lady Ketrel has kindly given up her place in the drawing as she can only play Mac games at this time. That means that everyone has a chance of winning won of the FIVE prizes in the drawing.

As I said in setting down the guidelines for this contest, the prize receivers will be decided upon as follows:

The persons finishing first and second will each automatically receive their prize.

So . . . . CONGRATULATIONS to Gonchi and SuperEdy

The two persons finishing third and fourth will enter a drawing for a prize (so a 50:50 chance of winning)

Those two persons (whilst acknowledging Lady kestrel's withdrawal), are HandsFree and Zobraks.

Well done to both ............... and good luck!

The three persons finishing fifth, sixth and seventh will enter a drawing for a prize (so a 1 in 3 chance of winning)

Those three persons are hatshepshut , Taio and Andromus.

Well done to all three ............... and good luck!

The three persons finishing eighth, ninth and tenth and eleventh will enter a drawing for a prize (so a 1 in 4 chance of winning)

Those four persons are Technospike , JKeerie , lakerz and Camaro.

Well done to all four ............... and good luck!

Finally, thankyou to everyone for taking part and competing in a friendly competitive way. I give no apologies for tough screenshots and 'mince pie' pics, and hope that I can repeat the inflicting of another agonising ordeal upon your good selves again at a later date . . . . yet to be decided. Twisted Evil

I plan on making the drawing tomorrow when I've caught up on some sleep - It's gone 2 a.m. here!

I'll then let you know the nature of the IDENTICAL PRIZES that FIVE of you will be eligible to receive.

What I will tell you now is that the game is an Adventure game that you will be able to download for free thanks to the kind donation of FIVE downloads of the game by the developers concerned (after, of course, some highly skilled negotiations carried out by yours truly, Mr Gelert Wink ). The game normally retails at around FIFTEEN English £'s Sterling.

. . . . And now, finally, what you've probably been waiting for . . . . the ANSWERS that you SHOULD have got! Twisted Evil

Quiz A - A Steps and Stairways Challenge

1. 9 The Last Resort .. 3 correct answers Twisted Evil
2. Riana Rouge .. 7 correct answers
3. Sanitarium .. 11 correct answers
4. Aurora: The Secret Within .. 5 correct answers
5. Return of the Phantom .. 5 correct answers
6. Paradise .. 9 correct answers
7. The Sydney Mystery .. 8 correct answers
8. Emerald City Confidential .. 2 correct answers Twisted Evil
9. Next Life .. 8 correct answers
10. Clue Chronicles Fatal Illusion .. 4 correct answers
11. Amber Journeys Beyond .. 9 correct answers
12. Simon the Sorcerer .. 9 correct answers
13. Zork Grand Inquisitor .. 6 correct answers
14. Orion Burger .. 6 correct answers
15. The Neverhood .. 10 correct answers
16. Blade Runner .. 8 correct answers
17. Dreamfall .. 4 correct answers
18. Jekyll & Hyde .. 3 correct answers Twisted Evil
19. Overclocked A History of Violence .. 8 correct answers
20. A.D. 2044 .. 4 correct answers

Quiz B - A Feast of Mince Pies

1 - Mindfighter .. 7 correct answers
2 - Alfred Hitchcock Presents The Final Cut .. 10 correct answers
3 - Night Trap .. 7 correct answers
4 - Riana Rouge .. 9 correct answers
5 - Voyeur II .. 9 correct answers
6 - A Mind Forever Voyaging .. 8 correct answers
7 - Martian Memorandum .. 9 correct answers
8 - The Experiment .. 9 correct answers
9 - Bad Day on the Midway .. 8 correct answers
10 - Hotel Dusk Room 215 .. 8 correct answers
11 - Knight Orc .. 6 correct answers
12 - Bloodnet .. 8 correct answers
13 - Sanitarium .. 11 correct answers
14 - Secret Files 2 Puritas Cordis .. 10 correct answers
15 - The Dame Was Loaded .. 9 correct answers
16 - Keepsake .. 10 correct answers
17 - Maupiti Island .. 6 correct answers
18 - The Quest for the Time-Bird .. 5 correct answers
19 - Guilty .. 7 correct answers
20 - Flash Traffic City of Angels .. 7 correct answers
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:25 am

I know you said part B would (potentially) be easier than part A, but I found B to very a lot more challenging.

As for part A, I played 9: The Lost Resort years ago and absolutely don't remember those green stairs, LOL.

I knew I've seen picture 8 used before in a contest but just plain forgot to which game it was from.

I could kick myself over not guessing Amber for pic 11. <kicks himself now>

Some of these games I've just never played so can't feel too bad about not guessing them I guess.

Part B was evil. Twisted Evil I thought I was good with box shots, but I was sadly sadly mistaken...

Good contest Gelert! You put a lot of time into it, and I did find it quite challenging.
Back to top Go down
Gonchi
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 4:08 am

Gelert wrote:
8. Emerald City Confidential

Gah, I knew it looked familiar. Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 632275
Back to top Go down
Taio
Wanderer's Apprentice
Taio

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 4:27 am

Like lakerz, I've never played those games I couldn't guess, so at least my memory still works lol!
I really need to play more adventure games though scratch
Thanks for this contest Gelert, and congratulations to Gonchi and Superedy!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 713967 ANOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNERS OF THE MAD MAD MAY ADVENTURE CONTEST Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 713967

. . . . and the WINNERS are

Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 402982

Gonchi
SuperEdy
Zobraks
hatshepsut
JKeerie

CONGRATULATIONS!

Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 455702

Your prize ..................... a FREE download of ....

Etheral Darkness Interactive's

THE LOST CITY OF MALATHEDRA

** IMPORTANT **
Winners - Please send me your Email address (for confirmation), so that you can be mailed instructions on how to claim your prize. Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 589789

Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 9becfc14
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Congratulations Gonchi, Superedy, Zobraks and jkeerie cheers

Thank you Gelert for a great hairpulling contest Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
zobraks
zobraks

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:12 pm

I want to thank our wonderful host Gelert for organising this contest, the Malathedra team and all the people who took part in the MMMAC. king
Special thanks to Lady K: without her withdrawal I would have much less chance to win. Embarassed
Too bad all of us couldn't get the prize, but that's life. Wink

I also want to thank my mom and my pa, my coach, the ball boys and girls,... Laughing
Back to top Go down
SuperEdy
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 170796 I can't believe I forgot Emerald City Confidential, I tried almost any high-resolution fantasy cartoon adventure (they're so few after all); instead I didn't even know Jackyll & Hyde (2010), I never watch screenshots of unreleased games, so I'm not disappointed if they are canceled Smile
Thank you for all, Gelert cheers
Back to top Go down
http://superedy.awardspace.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next