Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!

Go down 
+9
Taio
lakerz
GreyFuss
jkeerie
zobraks
HandsFree
Lady Kestrel
hatshepsut
Gelert
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Wow! What a nice surprise!!! Congrats to Gonchi, SuperEdy, Zobraks and Hats!!!

In looking at the answers, I knew I had seen the stairs in number 10, but couldn't place them! Several others I have the games in my "to be played pile" so I hadn't seen those screenshots as yet.

I'm very impressed with how well some of the contestants performed...particularly Lady K in working without a net. cheers

Thanks, Gelert, for a frustratingly fun adventure!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:46 pm

Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you so much for a lovely contest, Gelert! I had a great time, and I nominate you for the title of Most Diabolical Puzzle Master of 2010. Twisted Evil

I missed 9, Aurora, Clue Chronicles, and Dreamfall. Can you guess what part of the alphabet I didn't get a chance to check at Moby Games. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:37 pm

Congratulations Gonchi, SuperEdy, Zobraks, Hatshepsut and JKeery. cheers
Think I shouldn't have missed Emerald City and Bloodnet. Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 170796
On the other hand I've never seen that AD 2044 pic before, and never heard of Jekyll & Hyde.

Thanks Gelert, that was quite a challenge.
Back to top Go down
zobraks
zobraks

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:38 pm

Believe it or not, I'm still trying to figure out the screenshots I failed to recognise study , so I'm not reading thoroughly the new posts (after the closing of the competition) - I'm afraid of spoilers No .
I wonder if someone can post the years in which the games number 1, 13, 17, 18, 19 and 20 from the list A (screenshots) and number 8 from the list B (covers) were published to help me finish the search?

Those games look so familiar, but I just can't get their "corrects" in Excel.
Back to top Go down
Gonchi
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:59 pm

Great Quiz Gelert, thanks. Smile

zobraks wrote:
I wonder if someone can post the years in which the games number 1, 13, 17, 18, 19 and 20 from the list A (screenshots) and number 8 from the list B (covers) were published to help me finish the search?

These are release years for English language versions. Give or take a year or two depending on other localizations.

Quiz A.

1 - 1996
13 - 1997
17 - 2006
18 - This one isn't out yet...
19 - 2008
20 - 1998

Quiz B.

8 - 2008
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:16 pm

Gonchi has passed on the prize on offer on this occasion and suggested I do a draw for the rest of the participants.

The winner is lakerz!

lakerz, can you please send me your confirmed Email address and I'll arrange for the game to be made available to you.

Everyone else that won, SuperEdy, JKeerie, hatshepsut and zobraks have said they want their prize, so we now have a final five.

Congratulations to ALL! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
zobraks
zobraks

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:57 pm

Gonchi wrote:
These are release years for English language versions...
Thanks a lot, Gonchi! Smile
Gonchi wrote:
18 - This one isn't out yet...
Grrrrr... It was another one of Jacques' tricks like when he posted a screenshot from "The Filmmaker" at AGF.
I would have been 99,99% sure it was from "Rent-A-Hero" if it hadn't been for that (curiously familiar) red pointer.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:01 am

Thanks Gelert, I will be sure to send you a pm right away!

After that, I will start playing Casebook Ep. 2. I intend to really ramp up my game playing in order to prepare to put in a better showing for the next contest hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Andromus
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:47 am

Well, that was a lot of fun. Many thanks to Gelert for a really fascinating contest!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:11 am

Oh! Oh! lakerz has declined as well. Turns out he bought it and played it only last year. Rather than do another drawing, if HandsFree, Taio, Andromus, Technospike or Camaro want the fifth download please post here. First one to do so gets it.

If all five say they don't want it, it's open to anyone else afterwards.

Gelert.

P.S.; Sorry about Jeckyll and Hyde - that was, on reflection, to sneaky - but some of you got it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:00 am

Well done HandsFree! The fifth game prize is yours. Smile
Back to top Go down
zobraks
zobraks

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:42 am

I found a couple of those I didn't guess in the competition. I missed "9: The Last Resort", because I thought it was some Pendulo Studios game Laughing - Gelert Twisted Evil slyly put an entirely emerald green screenshot and all the scenes from 9 have at least 3805 colo(u)rs . Curiously enough I'm sure I typed "Zork GI" for the number 13 before, but then it was "incorrect". Must be some whim of Excel Twisted Evil (stupid Micro$oft! pirat ).

Since I still can't get the cover number 8 (quiz B) could someone post the first letter of the game (not the initials of all the words in the title!)?
Edit: I need the first letter for game number 19 (quiz A) also.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 3:52 pm

zobraks wrote:
Since I still can't get the cover number 8 (quiz B) could someone post the first letter of the game (not the initials of all the words in the title!)?
Edit: I need the first letter for game number 19 (quiz A) also.
A 19: O
B 8: E
Back to top Go down
zobraks
zobraks

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:18 pm

Thank you, Lady K! Smile

Edit: No wonder I couldn't recognise that cover of "The Experiment" - I never saw it in my life (till five minutes ago, that is), I only knew the cover of its alias "eXperience112". That was the only game cover I couldn't figure out, by the way. king

As for A.D. 2044 and Overclocked: both screenshots Gelert used can be found at Moby and AG respectively. That scene from (the upcoming) Jekyll & Hyde is quite popular: almost every site with the game screenshots has it. Too bad I never heard of the game (I know about the game with the same title from 2001) before this competition Sad .

Bottom line: considering I have played only five of the adventures in quiz A and only two in quiz B Embarassed , 32 out of 40 is good for me. Wink
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:08 am

zobraks ................ you can take it from me, you did really well. And ......... I admire your competitive spirit in wanting to solve the clues even after the competition has finished. I'm like that as well. Well done! Smile
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:29 am

Oh boy another screenshot game....hope I am not too late. I will be sending Gelert my answers soon as I think I know all of them. cheers
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:47 am

GreyFuss I don't quite know how to break it to you that the contest is over scratch so I'll let Gelert do it. Rolling Eyes

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:25 am

You're welcome, Zobraks! I had remembered seeing a similar AD 2044 screenshot over at A for Adventure. For a long time, Moby didn't have any screenshots for it at all, but they have made up for it.

Quote :
Oh boy another screenshot game....hope I am not too late. I will be sending Gelert my answers soon as I think I know all of them.
lol!
Back to top Go down
zobraks
zobraks

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:48 am

Gelert wrote:
... I admire your competitive spirit in wanting to solve the clues even after the competition has finished. I'm like that as well. Well done! Smile
Thanks, Gelert! Very Happy Actually, I'm a VERY lazy person Embarassed, but once I get determined to do something I keep going till the end of it.
And I just love guessing the screenshots from the adventure games (and learning about the new ones). study king

Lady Kestrel wrote:
I had remembered seeing a similar AD 2044 screenshot over at A for Adventure. For a long time, Moby didn't have any screenshots for it at all, but they have made up for it.
Yes, I took the screenshots for A.D. 2044 (when I posted as a question at a local forum) from TheLegacy king (my favorite werehouse of games screenshots and covers) because (I think) at that time Moby didn't have them, but know there's a lot of them (including the one Fien had posted long ago in "Adventure Game Scene" at AGF).
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 7:41 pm

I'm playing The Lost City of Mathedra now and enjoying it very much.

Thank you Gelert for making the contest and obtaining the games. Thank you Raymond for contributing the games. Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!   Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Mad, Mad May Adventure Contest!!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4