Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1

Go down 
+20
Mullane
Taio
Faust
bonsai
emmanuel5
Andromus
Camaro
lakerz
catbytes
mindysue
jkeerie
SuperEdy
AngDMC
HandsFree
Lady Kestrel
winfrey
danyboy
hatshepsut
GreyFuss
Gelert
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bonsai
Wanderer's Apprentice
bonsai

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:14 pm

Lady Kestrel wrote:
That's Drowned God, Bonsai.

Absolutely cheers
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:53 pm

bonsai wrote:
Lady Kestrel wrote:
That's Drowned God, Bonsai.

Absolutely cheers
Oh Crimeny. Not only did I play Drowned God and finished I loved it. If I have forgotten that much about the screens it must be time for a replay. Way to go LK.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 2:28 am

I does sound like it's time for a replay, GreyFuss. I've never played it but have always been intrigued by the screenshots.

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 AP13
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:54 pm

Would that not be from Journey to the Center of the Earth?
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 4:46 pm

That would indeed be JTTCOTE, GF. Smile
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:43 pm

So, I thought the screenshot looked like a game I had played, something about it rang a bell but not loud enough to recall the game itself. According to my notes I played it back in December, 2005. One of my notes read: (Still playing "Journey" - got the ball puzzle finally!) Don't remember the puzzle, how about y'all?
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:08 pm

mindysue wrote:
So, I thought the screenshot looked like a game I had played, something about it rang a bell but not loud enough to recall the game itself. According to my notes I played it back in December, 2005. One of my notes read: (Still playing "Journey" - got the ball puzzle finally!) Don't remember the puzzle, how about y'all?

I don't recall any "ball" puzzles but the one puzzle I hated was setting the Totems in the Valley of the Spirits...arrrgh, I hate sound puzzles that the only clues you have are the sounds themselves and no clues to be found in the way of drawings or writings.

Was this puzzle what you may have been referring to?
Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 Geyserelevator
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Lady Kestrel wrote:
That would indeed be JTTCOTE, GF. Smile

Okay...here we go again

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 What-1
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:14 pm

Hi GreyFuss.
That probably is the ball puzzle, not that I remember it, but since I'm tone deaf I certainly would have had a hard time with it. All I can tell about music is that notes go up and down, and there has to be some distance between them before I can hear the difference. As a kid I had 2 years of piano practice and my fingers were able to memorize the keys, but my ears never did. I didn't recognize the music if someone else played it. By the end of 2 years, all that practice had me playing worse, not better. I was good at doing scales though, got that finger movement just right and it can be quite tricky using both hands.

As for the screenshot, I know I never played that game. I can't decide if it is a lighthouse or a windmill or ... ?
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:12 am

Actually , it's a windmill and it's from "Journeyman Project 3:Legacy of Time" , an excellent sci-fi adventure game of the late 90s.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 2:15 pm

Very good Emmanuel, you are correct. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 7:53 pm

A man falling through space and no , it's not the beginning of Myst! This is probably too hard for younger gamers but not for those who still remember the good ol' DOS days!

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 Falling
Back to top Go down
bonsai
Wanderer's Apprentice
bonsai

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:21 am

Universe
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:22 am

Well done , bonsai!

Not many people , and especially those who weren't around in the early 90s , know this , but the UK-based Core Design , before becoming famous as the creator of the "Tomb Raider" series , had given us several unique and innovative games like "Curse of Enchantia" , "Heimdall" , "Rick Dangerous" and others. "Universe" was one of them , a sci-fi adventure game that was quite succesful when it was first released for the Amiga in 1994. Unfortunately , the PC version was less succesful , as the competition was much greater on the PC platform (the first half of the 90s was the golden age of companies like Lucas Arts , Sierra , Legend etc) and the game was quickly forgotten.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:44 pm

I guess Bonsai has forgotten about this. So how about anyone posting a screenshot. First come, first to post.....go on, you know you want to.
Back to top Go down
bonsai
Wanderer's Apprentice
bonsai

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 1:30 am

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 Myeyezzzz
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:17 pm

Thats a tough one for me Bonsai. Doesn't look like a game I have played but I could be wrong. I have been wrong before ya know.........really.....its true Cool
Back to top Go down
bonsai
Wanderer's Apprentice
bonsai

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 5:31 am

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 SuperEdyChallenge
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 9:37 am

The screenshots are from "Total Distortion" , a very...peculiar game from the mid-90s. The gameplay is similar to that of the first two "Lula" games , a mix of adventure and business simulation . It's quite an obscure title that very few people have played. I haven't played the game either , but I 'm sure I have a demo on the CD of an old computer magazine.
Back to top Go down
bonsai
Wanderer's Apprentice
bonsai

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 2:20 am

Total Distortion is considered obscure, but there are a few being sold on Ebay & Amazon. Good job btw Smile
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 7:05 pm

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 Barfly_1

“I understand you , man. It was even worse for me…”

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 Barfly_2

“You can say that again! I expected heaven and I found hell…”

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 Barfly_3

“Sure we are , pal. I mean…we’re both married…”

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:26 pm

Laughing very cleverly done emmanuel5 Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
bonsai
Wanderer's Apprentice
bonsai

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 5:17 am

Protostar - War on the Frontier
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:05 am

Thanks for your comment , hatshepsut.

Well , it seems that bonsai is an expert in DOS-era adventures! It is indeed "Protostar" by Tsunami , a company better known for the two excellent "Ringworld" games. Well done!
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Well you all must be showing your age with all these little known Dos games....way before my time. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next