Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help in Rhem 4

Go down 
+3
GreyFuss
Gelert
ellen941
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ellen941
Wanderer's Apprentice
ellen941

Need help in Rhem 4 Empty
PostSubject: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 10:29 pm

rendeer I need some help in Rhem 4, my first question is about the directions, is says that north is up, south is down and east is left and west is right!!! I thought that west is left when facing north and east would be right. In this game which is correct?
My second question is about the room with the panels and circles that need to be programed with numbers and symbols that match all the directions. I put the black crystal in the machine, and programed all the box'es and circles, but nothing happins. The walkthrough doesn't give me enough info. Can anyone help I can't go any further till I solve this and I'm stuck.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 10:43 pm

Hi ellen941

I've moved this to the S.O.S. section where it's more likely to get replies.

Gelert. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 1:05 am

Hi Ellen

First off the compass in Rhem 4 works exactly like a compass in real life...In this case the White Arrow always points to the North. For example if the White Arrow points to the top, you are facing North. If the White Arrow is facing to your left, North is to the left and you are facing East. Does that help you? If not I can give you more examples.
Back to top Go down
ellen941
Wanderer's Apprentice
ellen941

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 1:46 am

the north and south are fine but I think they have east and west mixed up. If I remember my directions with north to the top east would be to the right, but Rhem 4 says it's to the left, that is what is confusing me.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 2:09 am

If you just look to where the white arrow is pointing then there is no confusion.

^ White arrow pointing up...you are facing North

< White arrow pointing left...you are facing East

> White arrow pointing right...you are facing West

v White arrow pointing down...you are facing South

The white arrow does not indicate which direction you are facing, it tells you which way is North. Just draw a n - s - e - w on a piece of paper and turn it so that North faces the whatever direction of the white arrow in the game and you will see better
Back to top Go down
ellen941
Wanderer's Apprentice
ellen941

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:01 am

unless someone changed the fact that east is to the right of north and west would be to the left than I am still comfused. So this is what I tried, on a piece of paper I drew the room, the cabnets and the pads and N S E W ACCORDING TO THE GAME, NOT TRUE DIRECTIONS.

N
W E
S

this is what my compass tells me but this game has east and west wrong. the game says

N

E W

S

After I drew all the stuff in the room, wrote in all the information for each cabnet and box. I hit the button and the purple light came on and than I went to the slider box and set the slider to purple. I pressed the button and a purple beam came out and hit the machine in the middle and than black beams came out and hit the 2 recepticles on the door on the opposite wall. the red light lit for a second but the door will not open.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:09 am

Other people have had trouble reading the compass too Ellen so you are certainly not alone. Where I think everyone is making a mistake is that North is always pointing up, North is always were the white arrow is so you could have this where North is to the left and East is pointing up (the direction you are facing) Everyone assumes because the white arrow is pointing left that it indicates that they are facing that direction (West) when in fact they are facing East (see below) Maybe this is why people in real life get lost even though they have a compass in their hand.

E
N S
W

I am not sure why your door doesn't open. Once the lasers struck my door it would open. It has been a while since I played the game but is there a button or lever by the door that opens it?
Back to top Go down
ellen941
Wanderer's Apprentice
ellen941

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:04 pm

When the white arrow which is north points up EAST SHOULD BE TO THE RIGHT, remember the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, I know how the arrows work in the game and I know how to use a real compass, I am NOT confused over the directions, but when the game is telling me one thing and, I know that it's wrong, it can mess up the way the game plays.
Back to top Go down
ellen941
Wanderer's Apprentice
ellen941

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:41 pm

This is what I'm doing.... I enter the room, I'm facing north, I go to my right, EAST, I get to 2 cabinets, the one I'm facing points to the west, I set it for 62, I turn right to set the cabinet facing north to 19. Than I head north past the slider box and I get to 2 round pads, The one right in front of me I set for NORTH, than I turn right and set the one for EAST. Than I go past the exit door on the NORTH wall and get to 2 more cabinets. The one that is in front of me I set to 75, EAST. Than I turn and set the one that is facing SOUTH to 33. Now I only have 2 round pads to set and I head south to them. The one that is right in front of me , I set for SOUTH I turn and set the last one to West. I go to hit the button by the slider box and a purple beam comes out and hits the machine and two BLACK beams come out and hit thfe round recepticles by the exit door but the red light blinks not the green one. I have tried the button by the exit door every time but it will not open until the green light blinks. scratch
I have tried swithcing directions, the round pads and the cabinets, but nothing works.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 10:28 pm

Now I might see what you dilemma is. The panels are to be programed to what direction THEY are facing...not the direction YOU are facing. So if you are facing a panel and the compass indicates that you are facing North then the panel is facing South. Is this the way you are doing them? If you then make one turn to your right, facing that panel then you are facing East but the Panel is facing WEST
Back to top Go down
ellen941
Wanderer's Apprentice
ellen941

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 1:07 am

scratch I tried that, I have been in this room for days, if I don't get out than I may get clostrofobic, (bad spelling, but you get the idea) Smile . One set of instructions says one thing and than on another line the opposite. This is in the walk through. I will try again tomorrow right now several beers are on my tram in Rhem 4. Need help in Rhem 4 12235
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:24 am

Hi Ellen

I am sure you have seen this diagram in your search for a solution and I sure don't know why they are confusing everyone with the directions but the key to this diagram is in the green wires behind the round panels, they are all different. So no matter which one you are facing you should be able to set them correctly by matching the pattern of the green wires to what you see in the diagram solution. Or maybe you already tried this. Black Crystal solution After all you are still have a long way to go in this game and you are going to need those beers for later.
Back to top Go down
ellen941
Wanderer's Apprentice
ellen941

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:59 pm

lol! I have all the round pads programed according to the diagrams, I think it may be the cabinets. As far as the beer, I'll wait till after dinner. We never run out , hubby got a kegarator, so we always have draft beer on tap. Need help in Rhem 4 12235
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 3:24 pm

I have forgotten what you are supposed to do with the cabinets. Is it the direction?
Back to top Go down
ellen941
Wanderer's Apprentice
ellen941

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 3:32 pm

At this point I'm not sure, the walkthrough is very confusing at letting you know what to do when you get stuck. The walkthrough says "Based on the cardinal directions those shapes are placed in the power room; enter the numbers on the corresponding cabinet facing that cardinal direction." scratch for the round pads it was just as confusing, "Based on the direction that the pads are situated, select the wird formation seen in the power room on the 4 pads." scratch Now you can see why I'm still in this room.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:03 pm

So wouldn't the numbers in the cabinets be the numbers in the solution above?

If you still cant get it...if you would like to send me your saved game at that point then I will reload my game ans see if I can set them for you.
Back to top Go down
ellen941
Wanderer's Apprentice
ellen941

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:05 pm

some one from gam boomers emailed me the solution in a saved game but I'm not good with that stuff and the instructions are a little confusing, but when I tried to download the files it didn't seem to work. I waited at least 20 minutes for a total of 5KB, at that pont I canciled it. I'll try later. Where I live its way too early for games and beer. LOL LOL Need help in Rhem 4 12235 I'm still on my morning coffee
Back to top Go down
ellen941
Wanderer's Apprentice
ellen941

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:08 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers flower Need help in Rhem 4 12235 Need help in Rhem 4 12235 Need help in Rhem 4 12235 Need help in Rhem 4 12235

I did it , Need help in Rhem 4 12235 finally Need help in Rhem 4 12235 I was able to figure out what to do, Just don't ask me how because I have no idea what I did except change the cabinets numbers about a zillion times.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:28 am

Isn't that a great feeling Ellen? That is what I like most about the Rhem games, that ultimate feeling when you have finally accomplished a complex problem. Enjoy the rest of the game.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi there, ellen941,
I've been eagerly watching this thread even though I am not playing Rhem 4 and never will, but I was caught by the problem you were having with the compass points. I am directionally challenged, but I do know where N, E, S, W (clockwise on the compass) are located. Like north is Canada, east is the Atlantic Ocean, south is Mexico, and west is California and the Pacific Ocean. So I was intrigued by the "Mystery of the Compass" and kept checking to see how you were doing and if you would ever find the solution. Congratulations on the final outcome no matter how you accomplished it. I'm celebrating with you even if I don't like beer or Rhem, for that matter. Have fun with the rest of the game!
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:28 pm

mindysue wrote:
Hi there, ellen941,
I've been eagerly watching this thread even though I am not playing Rhem 4 and never will, I'm celebrating with you even if I don't like beer or Rhem, for that matter.

lol! I love you Miss Mindy you sometimes crack me up lol!
Back to top Go down
ellen941
Wanderer's Apprentice
ellen941

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:30 pm

I would like to know why you don't like Rhem, is it the game it self or just that type of game. I like this type of game because I must use my brain. It seems that most of the games today you either kill or steel cars. pale Have you ever played Myst, or Syberia? These games are also the kind where you need to think, but in Syberia at least there are characters that you interact with. In the begining of Rhem 4 the game says that the white arrow points north and the left arrow points east. I always thought that the left arrow was west. I used real compass directions and seem to be doing better in the game, it must be a missprint or something like that. As far as the beer ,it is an aquired taste. I hated it when I was younger but its about all I drink nowadays. Especially dark beer, which I blame on hubby for turning me onto it. Need help in Rhem 4 12235
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:10 am

Ellen....I played the first Rhem....and though I finished it (with help of a walkthrough) I absolutely hated it. That game makes you feel so isolated! I guess that was the point, though. The character was isolated and needed to escape and get out. Boy did I eve want to!
Back to top Go down
ellen941
Wanderer's Apprentice
ellen941

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 5:04 pm

I need a walkthrough for most of this type of game, I start the game and try to get through with out one but I always get stuck and have to get the walkthrough. You should try the Syberia games, they are adventure games but you interact with other characters and a robot who is you companion throught the games. At this time there are only 2 that I know of. If you can't find the games look at big fish games for a download.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Oh...I've played both the Syberia games. They are among my favorites!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help in Rhem 4   Need help in Rhem 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help in Rhem 4
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next