Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Glad It's Finally Over

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Glad It's Finally Over Empty
PostSubject: Glad It's Finally Over   Glad It's Finally Over EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Sorry to sound like a Grinch, but I'm really glad Xmas is over. I broke down and brought out the glass Xmas tree and put it on the table where my bil is laying under. We still have his ashes, we wanted to spend one last Xmas with him. I thought if his essence is still hanging around he'll appreciate the gesture.

Hubby says that next year we will be celebrating Xmas again, the whole works, tree, gifts etc. But tonight I'm a happy lady because we are having Chinese food for dinner. I love Chinese food, we have it about once a year or so because it's so expensive now, but still worth it

I went out today. I know everyone thinks that's not a big deal but it is for me since I suffer from anxiety and I'm afraid to leave the house most times. But I needed some face cream and I didn't want hubby to have to buy it. I didn't do too bad, but the store is just up the street so it wasn't much of a jaunt. Hubby says I should go to the park with him and just sit in the car to get out and get some fresh air. The park is close so if I need to go to the bathroom we're just 2 minutes away.

I managed to get some work done on my game which I'm very happy with. Door knobs are still a nightmare to find, so I just used the one from a Daz house I made.

Xmas eve dinner was great but Xmas dinner, what a disaster. The skin on the turkey looked like duck skin, it wouldn't brown and the meat was like rubber, but the turkey sandwiches we had later on were good. I can't believe we have another one in the freezer. Hubby bought two because they were on sale, no wonder they were on sale lol

I hope everyone had a good Xmas, hopefully no disasters except for my rubber turkey, but the Chinese food tonight will more than make up for that.

Let's hope that the new year brings us all some good times, good health and good luck. Take care everyone and enjoy what's left of the holiday santa
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Glad It's Finally Over   Glad It's Finally Over EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:21 pm

StarLite Moon wrote:
Sorry to sound like a Grinch, but I'm really glad Xmas is over. I broke down and brought out the glass Xmas tree and put it on the table where my bil is laying under. We still have his ashes, we wanted to spend one last Xmas with him. I thought if his essence is still hanging around he'll appreciate the gesture.

Hubby says that next year we will be celebrating Xmas again, the whole works, tree, gifts etc. But tonight I'm a happy lady because we are having Chinese food for dinner. I love Chinese food, we have it about once a year or so because it's so expensive now, but still worth it

I went out today. I know everyone thinks that's not a big deal but it is for me since I suffer from anxiety and I'm afraid to leave the house most times. But I needed some face cream and I didn't want hubby to have to buy it. I didn't do too bad, but the store is just up the street so it wasn't much of a jaunt. Hubby says I should go to the park with him and just sit in the car to get out and get some fresh air. The park is close so if I need to go to the bathroom we're just 2 minutes away.

I managed to get some work done on my game which I'm very happy with. Door knobs are still a nightmare to find, so I just used the one from a Daz house I made.

Xmas eve dinner was great but Xmas dinner, what a disaster. The skin on the turkey looked like duck skin, it wouldn't brown and the meat was like rubber, but the turkey sandwiches we had later on were good. I can't believe we have another one in the freezer. Hubby bought two because they were on sale, no wonder they were on sale lol

I hope everyone had a good Xmas, hopefully no disasters except for my rubber turkey, but the Chinese food tonight will more than make up for that.

Let's hope that the new year brings us all some good times, good health and good luck. Take care everyone and enjoy what's left of the holiday santa

It's ok StarLite ! In a way , I'm glad Christmas is over myself . It's a special time of year , but at the same time , people act like such idiots in the stores ! People pushing , shoving , cursing , and generally acting their shoe sizes instead of their ages ! Fortunately , that seems to go away after Christmas is over , or at least dies down a lot . I had no idea Chinese food was expensive in Canada . In my neck of the woods , you can eat at a Chinese restaurant in the area for less than $10 . Fortunately , New Years Eve is just around the corner ! I will do what I've done the last few years , which is go to the store in the morning , buy food (finger foods such as chicken wings) , drink (beer for me , soda for everyone else . Nobody else in the house drinks) , & park my big butt at home ! After dark , the only people that tend to be on the road are drunks & cops , & I'm not too fond of either !
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Glad It's Finally Over   Glad It's Finally Over EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:35 am

Hi StarLite

I don't think you sound like the grinch. Christmas is a difficult time of the year for a lot of people..

Chinese food yummy. I love Chinese food too. We have a Chinese take out and a Chinese buffet that I go to as often as I can. The take out place has the best egg rolls I've ever had.

StarLite you went out and got some face cream good for you. I know how hard it is for people to go out that have anxiety and fear of leaving home. It can be very difficult to live with.

I hope the New Year is better and happier for everyone too.

hatshepsut

Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Glad It's Finally Over   Glad It's Finally Over EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:18 am

Me, I'm different, I love Christmas, the presents, the shopping (with family/friends) company/visiting, the food, and especially the fancy Christmas cookies and candy. I love to buy presents, give them and receive them, exchange them (not in a store, mind you, but with friends/family!) When I was a kid, and even in my 20's, Queen, King AlienBZ and all the family kids (including me) would spend the whole week between Dec. 25 to Jan 1 visiting our aunts/uncles, cousins' houses, these relatives would visit at our house, I'll never, ever, ever forget this, I wish it would last forever. And even thru my 30's and 40's (I'm 58 now) our family members' kept up with the visiting, only instead of us visiting at each others' houses back & forth, all of the AlienBZ's on the King's side of the family would plan what we'd call Our Family Get-Together at one of their houses - in my 30's this gathering was hosted at one of the King's siblings' houses, then in my 40's it was hosted at at one of the Princess AlienBZ's houses (either a cousin's house or my sister's house). Now in my 50's King & Queen AlienBZ joined the "Been There, Done That" crowd, so they decided it was time to sit home to rest & relax, although we did (and still do) have Princess AlienBZ aka Queen Nurse (my Pennsylvania sister) and her husband King Nurse, with Prince Nurse (nephew Tim) visit at our house or we went to their house on Christmas Day, after that it's relaxation, sit back & watch TV entertainment from Dec. 26 - Jan 1 for Queen AlienBZ (as well as King AlienBZ while he was alive) but as for me, I still have "go go go energy" that I used to spend going to the local mall until 2009 when the bus company took that bus out of my neighborhood, after this I started going on the other bus closer to the Palace to go to the local Barnes & Noble with my laptop to game on the go. Then this past March of 2011 the bus company eliminated that bus, so now I'm thinking on working on getting qualified eventually to take driving lessons so I can barrow Mom's car and go to the local Barnes & Noble to game on the go with these new laptops that I got this past year of 2011 as I'm trying as hard as I can to avoid having to walk 1.5 mile from home to the new bus stop in order to go to Barnes & Noble, wait for bus, & then reverse this coming home, actually, I'm trying as much as I can during the "bad weather months" to avoid having to ride the bus, as I still have that "holiday spirit" in me.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Glad It's Finally Over   Glad It's Finally Over EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:45 am

Hi Faust

I get finger food for New Years eve too. I stay in New Years eve and New Years Day too. Then on new Years Day I fix Black Eyed Peas.

hatshepsut

Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Glad It's Finally Over   Glad It's Finally Over EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Faust, $10 for Chinese Food, geez one of our orders cost at least that much. When we get food we get the works and have it over a couple of days. We pay $48.00 for our food, but we get, chicken wings, chicken balls, rice, chow mein, sweet and sour spareribs, bbq spareribs and egg rolls. Unfortunately we didn't get our Chinese food last night because we had a snow storm and the place we get it from is two towns over from us and I don't like hubby driving in that kind of weather. Rats!

Yesterday when I bought my cream I also bought a scratch Bingo card and won $10, well the card cost $3 so I'm up $7 then to make matters better, I spent the night last night unzipping a lot of models I downloaded from ShareCG for Daz Studios and got some really excellent props for my games. Yes I was very happy last night finally. I was up till 2 am and if it wasn't for hubby going to bed I would have been up all night unzipping. I still have a ton of stuff that I downloaded from 3D Commune before they shut down to unzip yet.

You have to give credit though to the talented artists over at ShareCG for creating these beautiful graphics and giving them away for free. Some of the artists are so excited about having their works in games, some of them are so grateful when I ask if I can use their stuff they can't believe that someone would want to use their work. I'm grateful for their talents, there is no way I could make any of the graphics I use if it wasn't for Daz and the artist at ShareCG. So salute to the generous independents

As I said we got our first snow yesterday, I should have gone out last night when I wanted to and shoveled because now it's frozen and hard to get up. I don't want to put salt on my driveway because it will end up on the lawn, not that it matters now since the city ripped it up and never replaced it. Well I'm off to make the rounds before putting dinner together. It's Swiss Steak tonight. Take care everyone and I hope you are still enjoying the holidays sunny
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glad It's Finally Over   Glad It's Finally Over Empty

Back to top Go down

Glad It's Finally Over
Page 1 of 1