Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?

Go down 
+13
Raj
mbday630
Lady Kestrel
AngDMC
lakerz
catbytes
Mystery Lover
mindysue
HandsFree
Bastos
hatshepsut
jkeerie
Gelert
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 11:10 pm

Yep! All I can say is ...... I agree. You probably know what I think GreyFuss. That game is one I've looked forward to for ages, but the artwork on that is, as we say here, DROSS! pale
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 1:12 am

I love this box. I still have mine, it's flattened, but I want to keep it. Here's an internet pic of it from Google's images -

Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 Sttng3

and this case that my star trek harbinger pc game came in about 5 years ago when i ordered it from amazon. i don't want to play the game because it's too easy to get killed in it, but i'm keeping the case -

Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 Stharbinger
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 1:22 am

Cool! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:36 am

I love my Sins of the Fathers box. But this recent find, I think, takes the biscuit. You won't believe how complex is the design of he box mechanism of this 'The 11th Hour' box.

Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 A6476eb1-1
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:55 am

That is a really cool box Gelert. Is that a special edition box ? I have a big box of The 11th Hour but it doesn't look the same as yours.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:08 am

Yes. It's a Limited Edition. But there seem to be a couple floating around the trading sites. I'm sure they'll be snapped up, so move quickly if you fancy one.

It's really fabulous - even IF you're a non-boxy person, if you know what I mean! Laughing
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:21 am

Gelert I know what you mean. I think I will see if I can find one Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:54 am

That is an awesome 11th Hour box Gelert. Just fantastic, I have never seen or heard of this release. The box is ingenious, I love it. Could you send it over here so I can play with it? Cool
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptySat May 15, 2010 3:29 am

GreyFuss wrote:
That is an awesome 11th Hour box Gelert. Just fantastic, I have never seen or heard of this release. The box is ingenious, I love it. Could you send it over here so I can play with it? Cool

No! lol!
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:39 am

That's a great box for 11th hour! I think my copy of 11th hour was just a normal box so obviously I didn't have the limited edition version. Gelert just has all of the goodies... santa
Back to top Go down
Gonchi
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:18 am

Good lord, I think that box may well be more interesting than the game itself.

I love big boxes. There's just something to them that DVD and Jewel cases can't contend with. I'll take some photos of my favorite boxes from my collection tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:59 am

Yes please Gonchi. Look forward to seeing them. Smile
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 4:54 pm

Yowzers Gelert. I have never seen that version before. So now.....you know...I will be on the lookout for it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gonchi
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:38 am

Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 Mortfile

This is the original Spanish release for the Fred & Jeff/Clever & Smart: A Movie Adventure that never got an English translation (although Alcachofa is announcing an English subtitled digital version in their store).

As you can see it was sold in two separate parts, with the gimmick that if you bought and installed both, a third part would become playable to you that would tie both games together and give it a conclusion.

You can't really tell from the photo, but the boxes have cellophane in the front covers, and you can pull the background of the boxes out. It has not practical purpose, but it gives the cover a somewhat 3D comic look (in person, at least). It's pretty cool.

Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 Fab1n
Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 Fab2r

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:36 am

Very nice box Gonchi Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 3:26 am

Bastos wrote:
Ok, as promised, I made a trip to my attic, and snatched some pictures of somewhat rarer game boxes or just nices ones to watch .....

Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 20

That box looks like the box that my copy of Liath came in that I got last month.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:23 am

Never heard of that one Gonchi...maybe because it was not released in English. And that Fable box/book is Awesome, I love it
Back to top Go down
Gonchi
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 5:28 am

GreyFuss wrote:
Never heard of that one Gonchi...maybe because it was not released in English.

Yeah, probably. A special edition came out in Germany as Clever & Smart: A Movie Adventure, and it was going to get an English translation like 5 years ago but it never did.

Here's the trailer for the English subtitled release: http://vimeo.com/6053457
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:31 pm

To me the box gives me a good feel for the game. I've found sometimes that if I didn't like the look of the box, I didn't enjoy the game as much. It's almost like the box gives the game part of it's atmosphere. That probably sounds weird. Although one thing against the boxes, they should do take up a lot of space, which isn't too good if you're a minimalist. sunny
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 5:30 pm

Gonchi thank you for the trailer. I really enjoyed watching it. Loved the graphics. Did I understand you correctly that an English subtitled version was released in Germany ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gonchi
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 11:28 pm

No. Although the German release has an English title, the game is completely in German. An English release, retitled as Fred & Jeff I believe, was in the works but apparently the developers (Alcachofa) couldn't find an interested publisher.

However, Alcachofa are announcing the game in their online store with that trailer as Coming Soon, so I expect they'll be releasing an English subtitled version eventually.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:05 am

Thank you Gonchi. I hope Acachofa does eventually release an English subtitled version. It looks like a very enjoyable game to play.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Methodical MaN
Wanderer's Apprentice
Methodical MaN

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:05 pm

I kept all my big boxes right up until July last year when my mam moved house and I didn't have the room to bring the boxes to where I lived. pale Was abit apprehensive about binning them as I'm a big game collector so I know the value (personal value, not monetary) of the box and the feelies but alas, I had no choice. I'm happy with my dvd and jewel case boxes anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4