Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)

Go down 
+21
winfrey
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Taio
mindysue
Mullane
AlienBZ
gruefeeder
HandsFree
Ugur
Jen
Camaro
Lady Kestrel
jkeerie
mbday630
GreyFuss
AngDMC
Faust
lakerz
hatshepsut
Gelert
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:33 pm

Gelert wrote:
Very, VERY nice GreyFuss.

I had no idea the DVD version of Reah came in a big box version ............. and blue too! Drool!! Laughing

I have the plastic case version ......... and it's red. Sad

Gelert...I didn't know they made the DVD version in the red. I believe the red versions were the European release and the blue was the North American release although I could be wrong. I actually think the red one is more appealing. You had to have Project Two send an Installation Patch on disk for the NA DVD version to work. Did the European DVD need one too? In these pictures the middle box was a European re-release of the CD version. Even though the front of the box shows a picture in blue, the game and manual inside were red. Still looking for the original red box.

So who likes the blue and who likes the red?

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 IMGP3806

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 IMGP3809

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 IMGP3811
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:09 pm

Hi GreyFuss.

I definitely prefer the blue. That Reah blue box DVD-ROM version is a corker!

Here are mine. The DVD-ROM version is on the left. I've installed it recently and it runs fine. What is/was the patch needed for on some versions? Is it an installation issue only?

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 B1820e2b
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:17 pm

Yep Gelert...that is the red box that I have been looking for. I take it the big box is the CD version. That DVD case seems strange somehow. Is that like an extra large Jewel Case?

Yes the NA DVD release apparently had a problem with the installer that came with it. You use the patch disk to install the game and then use the original DVD to play.

So between us is this every version that was released or are there others?
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:30 pm

That may be all. But, then, I hadn't seen your DVD-ROM version before.

It's now been added to my bl%4dy big search list! Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 747614
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:43 pm

As are both of your games to mine. Most of the time I just get these games to hold, admire and fondle them a bit before selling them off. It gives me comfort just to know I had them I guess....is that so wrong? Is there something the matter with me? My analyst says I am normal....for a nut!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:48 pm

GreyFuss wrote:
As are both of your games to mine. Most of the time I just get these games to hold, admire and fondle them a bit before selling them off. It gives me comfort just to know I had them I guess....is that so wrong? Is there something the matter with me? My analyst says I am normal....for a nut!

No GreyFuss. I can assure you that you're perfectly normal ......... just . . Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 380637 . . like ME!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:20 am

Awww....GF justs wants to hold the games in his hands, cuddle them and stroke them like you would a baby or a kitten, and then his games are off to a buyer - but me, oh my, I buy games to play!

Sort of like I used to get sentimental about inanimate objects (statues, American Flyer electric trains, pigeon leg bands, toy guns, a pane of window glass, etc) when I was a kid of 8 - 9 years old. But this phase only lasted about these 2 years of my life.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:11 am

I have always liked the blue box but the red box is really awesome. It's very difficult to say which one I like more. I think I like them both equally. Smile

GreyFuss wrote
Quote :
I don't think that's wrong. It seems perfectly normal to me. Those boxes are so beautiful I don't know how any one could keep from admiring them. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 5:55 am

I have the blue one also but have been looking for the red boxed version. I have a hard time letting go of many games...so I don't. GF..Need you ask about normalcy..for we are all normal. Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 A096
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 5:28 pm

I just picked up S.T.A.L.K.E.R : Call Of Pripyat & Black Mirror II (thanks Greyfuss !) . For anyone looking for Mata Hari , Target has it in the bargain section for $10 . Be prepared though, as , at Target , you now have to show your I.D to buy computer games .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:31 pm

Faust wrote:
at Target , you now have to show your I.D to buy computer games .

Why do you have to show your ID? Is this going to happen everywhere, even at Amazon and ebay and on all the gaming forums and GameTZ?
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:42 pm

K515 wrote:
Faust wrote:
at Target , you now have to show your I.D to buy computer games .

Why do you have to show your ID? Is this going to happen everywhere, even at Amazon and ebay and on all the gaming forums and GameTZ?

Apparently , this is something that happens at Target only . Something to do with store policy . I can go to Walmart , & buy games without I D . as for Amazon, Ebay , & others, no worries !! I now know I'll never go to Target again to buy a game !
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:49 pm

It probably has a lot to do with parental permission etc. Target is very community and family oriented I think. With some games rated as "mature" this is probably their way of monitoring to an extent who is purchasing...or trying to purchase some of these games. Rather than limit it to the racier and more violent games, they have the blanket policy so staff just have one rule to follow.

I wouldn't have an issue with it. At my age I'm thrilled when anyone asks for ID!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:03 am

You may be correct about the parental permission thing . At the same time though, it's not rocket science, telling who is old enough to buy games rated M . For example, at Wal Mart , when a rated M game is scanned at the register, the register instantly raises an alarm, asking if the buyer is old enough to buy the game . If someone appears to be under age , I D is asked for . This thing with Target , the way it was explained, is for ANY game,regardless of rating . It's not that I mind showing my I D , but come on ! I'm 39 years old . I have gray hair in my goatee & on my head . They can't tell I'm old enough ? When I came back with my I D, my wife said she offered to buy it with her I D , but I didn't hear it, as I was upset at the time . I may change my mind down the road, but I doubt it . There are too many other sources for buying games out there !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:57 am

I think they were going by the book, Faust. And you're right - there's lots of places to buy games on the 'net. That's where I now do just about ALL my buying nowadays - the brick and mortar stores around here where I live just don't have the games I want.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:30 am

<<<<<<<Going to Target. Haven't been carded since I was 29. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:10 am

From a distance I could pass for under 18. Several miles would do it. In the dark. Wearing a burka.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:30 pm

Lady Kestrel wrote:
From a distance I could pass for under 18. Several miles would do it. In the dark. Wearing a burka.

Too funny !! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I probabaly will go back to get games at Target, just puts me off I get carded, when I know, & cashiers can tell , I'm old enough .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:59 pm

As for me, I just never bothered to buy games at Target. Somehow looking for games at Target never appealed to me in all these years since we had a Target near us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Hey pointers - look! Just got these from someone at MM!

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 Nautilus

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 Musteryofthemummy

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 Draculaorigins

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 Beyondtime

Last edited by K515 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Excellent finds K515? Which will you play first? flower
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:30 am

I just recently purchased Slip Space, and just today I put in my pre-order at GoGamer for Darkness Within 2. Yay!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:25 am

Gelert wrote:
Excellent finds K515? Which will you play first?

Oh, I don't know yet. I have a lot of catching up to do. Right now I'm trying to get a group of people over at GB to join me in a play through of the first Black Mirror, in addition to playing Ark of Time, etc.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Well...

This isn't a game, but I just purchased the new ASUS G73 gaming laptop! Best Buy had one in stock that had been opened (but not used) and they gave me 10% off. It has:

Intel®️ Core™️ i7-720QM processor
Features 1333MHz system bus, 8MB L2 cache and 1.6GHz processor speed with Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz.
6GB DDR3 memory
Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
17.3" LED-LCD high-definition plus widescreen display
500GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 graphics
With 1GB GDDR5 video memory for lush images. HDMI port for connection to an HDTV. 3D Audio with EAX Advanced HD 4.0 and 2 built-in stereo speakers.
Built-in 1.3MP webcam
Facial recognition technology
Back lit keyboard

It actually looks like a stealth bomber when it's shut. Here's the pic from the website.

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 97417210
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:36 pm

Looks like a sweet setup !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next