Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Game Are You Playing Now

Go down 
+27
zobraks
SweetDalilah
Mullane
bonsai
AlienBZ
mbday630
SuperEdy
Andromus
Igor Hardy
Ugur
Suvek
Camaro
lakerz
Faust
mindysue
diatribal deity
Magoozelle
jkeerie
HandsFree
Mystery Lover
Jen
AngDMC
Lady Kestrel
winfrey
GreyFuss
Gelert
hatshepsut
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:29 am

I am not one to quit a game but I have to tell you..if I didn't stop playing Aurora, I would be bald. If I am more frustrated than happy when I am playing , then it is time to move on to something fun. I have the Crystal key 1 & 2 but have not played them. My TBPP is out of control. I am going to start Jack Orlando soon. There are some others I am in the mood to replay soon too...Conspiracies, Bad Mojo and Shivers to name a few. Thinking of getting a Tshirt that says.."So many games, So little time." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:06 am

I don't like quiting games either, but sometimes you just have to quit a game to preserve your sanity....and your hair.
I enjoyed playing Crystal Key 2 and Jack Orlando very much. My to play pile is getting so huge that I keep forgetting what's in it. I think I'm going to have to write a list of games to be played next so I don't forget.
That T shirt idea is great cheers

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:15 am

Well Hapshepsut, I fired up Aurora today just to see if it would even load for me, and sure enough I get an initialization error about something or other. After clicking through a few error messages, voila the game still loads up. I haven't really tried playing much so the jury is still out on game killing bugs for me haha. I'll keep ya updated. Let me know which part keeps crashing on you, and if I make it past I'll save right after for you. Hopefully you have an assortment of game saves in case I come begging to you also, hehehe.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 11:59 pm

Hi lakerz, if I remember right I got the same error messages when I installed also.

The game stop error I got was right after the computer room you have to make a lens for the eye scanner. It errors on me when I try to make the lens.

Yes I have some saves. I have a habit of playing for a long time and forgetting to save so sometimes there's a lot of game play between my saves.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:14 am

Well darn. Looks like the game is refusing to properly initialize when I launch my game which prevents me from getting past a point in day 2. Hatshepsut, please check your PM's because I think I will need to ask you for a saved game. I appreciate your help!

Last edited by lakerz on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:11 am

lakerz, I'm sorry it is giving you trouble. I was hoping it wouldn't. Check your PM. Hope the save helps and gets you going again. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:42 am

On the gameboomers forum it was reported that some players (including myself) got a missing dll error during installation. The iccvid.dll van be found at http://www.pcrepaircentral.com/dlldownload_2433.html

Apart from that I didn't find any bugs.
The game has its (many) faults, but I thought the story was very interesting.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:14 am

Hi HandsFree,

Both Hatshepsut and I are stuck at the same point in the game with what I think is the same error. We both can't complete the puzzle in Area 51 where we need to create the eye lenses. The game gives me an error message about a missing frame or a frame isn't linked to what the game is expecting, or something like that. I think we're going to need a saved game from somebody else to get past this. I did read that thread about the dll file. I have an iccvid.dll file already existing in my windows\system32 directory, but it is a newer version of the cinepak codec file than the iccvid.dll that is suggested. I tried to replace it with this older version of the dll, but windows vista just won't let me touch any system file. Sooooo, I'm hoping some other player has a saved game handy now. What a Face
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:59 am

I don't have any saves, but if you send me yours, I can try to get beyond the point where you are stuck.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:36 pm

Thank you HandsFree for your kind offer. I think the game has an interesting story also.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
SuperEdy
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:40 pm

Try putting the dll in the folder with the executable of the game, the OS should give that folder precedence over windows/system32. If you installed in "Program files" (which I never do, better to use Games folder) you need administrator privileges to do it, but you can always re-install it in Games Smile. It's quite difficult to modify "windows" and "program files" folders under Vista and Seven Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://superedy.awardspace.com/
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:52 pm

Thanks for the information and help SuperEdy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:02 am

Going through my 3rd straight replay of the Myst Series. Currently Myst IV Revelation. I had forgotten how much I hated those Mangrees puzzles in Achnars Haven age.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:04 am

Hi SuperEdy,

I did try putting the older codec dll file in my install file (yes I did use program files\aurora the secret within), and my account says it has admin rights. Whether the game used it over the one in my system directory, I do not know. I even tried to use regsvr32 on the dll in my install directory to try to give it precedence within Vista, but I got an error message. I don't think my problem though is with this file but something else.

HandsFree, thanks for your offer to assist....I appreciate that! I'll send you a pm now...
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:09 am

Started playing Mysterious Journey II. Got stuck with the pods.

Took a break from Mysterious Journey II to play Puzzle Bots. Very cute little game. I enjoyed it.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:16 am

Just started playing Dragon Age : Origins in earnest yesterday . It appears as though it's going to be one of those "Morrowind" like games , in terms of it's addictiveness ! Now that I have both Darkness Within games , I may just play those back to back as well .
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 4:56 am

I just wanted to take a moment to thank HandsFree for his help in sending me an Aurora save that got me past the game glitch. I forwarded a copy of it off to you also Hatshepsut. I'm sorry for spamming this thread with all my Aurora tech issues. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be the last post on the subject, hehehe.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 6:00 am

Thank you HandsFree for working on that save. And thank you lakerz for passing it on to me. I just now finished the game. How are you doing with it lakerz ?

Now back to Mysterious Journey II. Still working on the pod puzzle.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 12:26 am

lakerz wrote:
I just wanted to take a moment to thank HandsFree for his help in sending me an Aurora save that got me past the game glitch. I forwarded a copy of it off to you also Hatshepsut. I'm sorry for spamming this thread with all my Aurora tech issues. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be the last post on the subject, hehehe.
You're welcome. Glad it actually worked. Smile
BTW are your Aurora saves also stored in my documents/.../slider puzzle? Is that silly or what?
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:18 am

Hello Hatshepsut,

I finished Aurora also a few days ago. I had to use a walkthrough because I got a bit frustrated with the frumpiness of the game interface plus the other issues I had, heh. Without all of the technical problems, I'd say it was an okay game, although I kind of had a hard time following the plot. I'm glad to hear that we're both graduates of the Aurora experience and lived to tell the tale. cheers

HandsFree, yes the game automatically put my saved games in the documents\savegames\sliderpuzzle directory. How weird. I had to do a find files search just to figure out that was where they were at! Just one of many weird things about this game.

Well, now it is on to some more mindless fun with a few HOG games. Not sure what the next true adventure game is that I'll start. I may try to fire up a mac emulator and see if I can config a few mac adventure games to run.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:35 am

Hi lakerz

I hope I never play another game with so many problems. Laughing I had a hard time following the plot also. Some of the subtitles went by so fast I couldn't read them all, that made following the plot difficult. It had such an interesting story that it's really to bad the game had so many problems. Glad you survived Aurora too lakerz.

I'm now playing Phantasmagoria. ( at long last with help I got it to install on my win 98 last night Very Happy )

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 6:36 pm

Hats

Phantasmagoria brings back fond memories for me. Was one of the first games I played and the first 3rd person game. The second 3rd person game I played was GK 2 The Beast Within and they spoiled me into thinking all third person games used real actors. It took me quite a while before I enjoyed any 3rd person game in fact it wasn't until Syberia that I liked any of them. Good memories...good times.

I have given up on replays as it has become so boring to me. Just like movies I don't care for sequels or watching a movie over again as it loses its spontaneity. I am lost as far as gaming goes, except for a handful, not much of anything has appealed to me of late. Maybe I have been playing too much over the years and need a hiatus. Maybe this will bring the excitement back to me...ho hum. Sleep
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:29 pm

Rhem 4 Rhem 4 Rhem 4 Rhem 4 Rhem 4
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:28 am

GreyFuss I guess we can assume you are very happy. Enjoy your game Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm playing Lost Horizon, but I get the feeling nobody here has ever heard of it. Strange!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Game Are You Playing Now
Page 9 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next