Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Storycentric Worlds - A new next-generation text adventure series!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CBSection31
Wanderer's Apprentice

Storycentric Worlds - A new next-generation text adventure series! Empty
PostSubject: Storycentric Worlds - A new next-generation text adventure series!   Storycentric Worlds - A new next-generation text adventure series! EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted here in some time.  For those who don't know me, my name is Christopher Brendel, and I run the indie studio Unimatrix Productions.

My newest endeavor is Storycentric Worlds, a brand new game engine that will revolutionize the interactive fiction genre.  The engine's first game, a remake of my original adventure Lifestream, is coming in April, along with the engine itself, which will be available to other developers interested in creating their own text-based games for profit!

If you have any questions, please feel free to post here.  You can also reach me through Facebook!  Likes are always appreciated. Smile
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Storycentric Worlds - A new next-generation text adventure series!   Storycentric Worlds - A new next-generation text adventure series! EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 2:21 am

I enjoyed Lifestream. Looking forward to seeing how the gameplay vibe and flow changes moving to this new interactive fiction engine
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Storycentric Worlds - A new next-generation text adventure series!   Storycentric Worlds - A new next-generation text adventure series! EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 8:18 pm

I have not played a text adventure since I played as a pirate a long, long, LONG time ago in a text adventure I never finished, but I still remember it as being a lot of fun even when the pirate would say to me, "you be weird" when I texted something he didn't like, or maybe didn't understand? Which was fairly often, and made me angry at first, but then I started to think it was funny and laughed instead. I think it was a Scott Adams text adventure.
I think I might like to try a *next generation* game!
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Storycentric Worlds - A new next-generation text adventure series!   Storycentric Worlds - A new next-generation text adventure series! EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 11:01 pm

yeah, parser problems would always frustrate me as well. Biggest drawback to the genre. I remember having a fun time trying to figure out some of those classic text/graphic hybrid adventure games like Shadowkeep though. Never did play the remake now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Storycentric Worlds - A new next-generation text adventure series!   Storycentric Worlds - A new next-generation text adventure series! Empty

Back to top Go down

Storycentric Worlds - A new next-generation text adventure series!
Page 1 of 1