Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th

Go down 
+6
mindysue
GreyFuss
lakerz
Gunness
hatshepsut
Gelert
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th Empty
PostSubject: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:06 am

Okay. We could do this every few weeks if you like. We used to do it on Four Fat Chicks, and it was jolly good fun! lol!

Which NON-Adventure games have you bought, or acquired through trade, recently?
(NON-Adventure games only please. See the Adventure Games Discussion section for other games bought/traded for).

Have YOU been in 'gotcha!' mood lately? What are your latest 'gotchas'? . . . . either bought or traded for?

The only one I've snagged is;

Drawn: the Painted Tower (I promise I'll play it one day. Wink )
. . . . and Tlon (more of an RPG -type Adventure really).
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:46 am

Gelert would

Assassins Creed
Assassins Creed II
Caesar III

Count for non-adventure ? I just acquired them.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:51 am

Yes.

Assassin's Creed looks good, doesn't it? My PC isn't at a high enough spec. though. geek
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:02 am

PC not a high enough spec. That's too bad Gelert. Assassins Creed is very good. The graphics are beautiful. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:06 am

Yes. My most recent PC is around 5 years old now. geek geek

Encourages me to play the older games though! Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th 43653
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:12 am

Yes it does encourage one to play older games. The newer more demanding games make a good excuse for getting a newer PC too. Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th 214561 Laughing

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gunness
Wanderer's Apprentice
Gunness

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:33 am

Apart from also getting Drawn, I bought Dead Space and Assassin's Creed recently. Sometimes you just need some action Smile

If Quantic Dreams hadn't been so cruel as to make Heavy Rain (which must be classified as a borderline adventure game) a PS3-exclusive, that would have been a certain buy, too, as I loved Fahrenheit. Well, the first half, anyway Smile
And while we're at the "me like very much titles", I hope that Alan Wake will become available for pc. And Max Payne 3, whenever it comes out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.solutionarchive.com
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Gunness wrote:

And while we're at the "me like very much titles", I hope that Alan Wake will become available for pc. And Max Payne 3, whenever it comes out.

Yes ...... and ............... Yes!! In complete agreement there. Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th 131224

By the way, I'm a big Attenborough fan too. Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th 131224
Back to top Go down
Gunness
Wanderer's Apprentice
Gunness

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:17 am

Gelert wrote:
By the way, I'm a big Attenborough fan too. Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th 131224
I absolutely love everything he does. Hope he'll stay with us for a few more years Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.solutionarchive.com
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 5:34 pm

In my opinion - and I know that's biased (I'm a biologist by degree) - he should have the knighthood first or, at least, at the same time as his brother. Wonderful, dedicated chap. Would loved to have met him, but missed the opportunity by 5 minutes, when I was only 18. Sad
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:42 pm

Hey Gelert, if you plan on playing Tlon, make sure you get the save files to get past the bug in the game that seems to affect everybody. Without it, you won't be able to continue on in the game past a certain point.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:50 pm

Hi LakerZ. Thanks for the tip but I'd already asked Mr Bill for the files and he'd kindly obliged. Only then did I go out and buy Tlon.

Thanks for warning me though! Wink

P.S. ............. Mr LakerZ ............. ahem! .................. isn't it about time you got yourself a forum avatar? Surely you can find an L.A. Lakers cheerleader avatar somewhere! Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:40 am

I figured you already had heard about the bug Gelert, but posted anyways on that 1% chance you did not.

As for the avatar, yes I will have to choose a suitable one at some point. afro
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:15 am

Mr Gelert

Is there any chance that you could pass the file for Tlon on to me as I will be starting it soon?
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:25 am

GreyFuss.

I've forwarded everything to you. Have fun! It'll be a while before I play. Neutral
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:28 am

Thank you very much Gelert for all the files and information for getting through the sticky part of Tlon. You are the best.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 5:44 pm

Just bought Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 6:01 pm

I'm going with the *spend, spend, spend* theme of this thread as I am a big (hang on and you will see how big) fan of the Ace Attorney games for the NintendoDS. Never say never, I reckon, because I never thought I would do anything like this...keeping up the suspense here. It is hard (maybe impossible) to find Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney and Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All at reasonable, regular game prices so I splurged and bought both games for a total of $117.24, a completely ridiculous price for 2 Nintendo games, but what can I say...that I haven't already said, that is?
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:18 pm

Boy Mindysue you really have it bad for the casual games. Aren't casual games mostly first person?
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 2:43 am

Actually, the Ace Attorney games on Nintendo DS are courtroom scenes mostly, so there is the attorney for the defense, the prosecuting attorney, the judge, and the defendant, very people oriented in Japanese Anime style, which I really like and don't see very often. It isn't a realistic courtroom however and can be very funny at times, sort of a spoof, but not quite. It is all a matter of personal taste if one likes this sort of game, I think, and I happen to be totally charmed by it. Don't ask me why, I haven't a clue. Way back when I saw some even higher prices for the early Ace Attorney games I figured I would never be so gullible as to buy anything that pricey, but that was back when I was playing Apollo Justice Ace Attorney (4 in the series). Then I traded 2 games for Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (3 in the series) and before I knew it, I was a goner, hook, line and sinker! I'm thinking I will most likely be disappointed in those 2 games, but even so I want them. One has already shipped, should arrive by the end of the week.
I'm no way into the collecting scene, which to me is even stranger than buying these games, maybe it is the same thing, but different!
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:12 pm

Suddenly I find myself understanding game collectors who carry on about finally finding and buying a game that they wanted to add to their collection just to have it there. My Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney came today and I now have all 5 games. I am so happy to have it that I almost don't care if I ever play the game itself...almost. Just seeing it in my hands seems to be enough. Weird, I'm totally freaked out!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:17 pm

mindysue wrote:
Suddenly I find myself understanding game collectors who carry on about finally finding and buying a game that they wanted to add to their collection just to have it there. My Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney came today and I now have all 5 games. I am so happy to have it that I almost don't care if I ever play the game itself...almost. Just seeing it in my hands seems to be enough. Weird, I'm totally freaked out!

Tee-hee! Welcome to the club mindysue!

You are now, by your own admission, ALMOST as sad as the rest of us. LOL! cheers
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:51 pm

cheers Welcome to the wonderful world of collecting mindysue Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks for the welcome, hatshepsut and Gelert, but I don't think I'm ready to be a REAL collector. It is more like I went out of my mind to go all out to get these 2 games, something I hope will never happen again. It is more that I can now understand (hmm, maybe not the right word since I don't really understand me doing this) how one can get caught up in WANTING something so much that all sense flies out the window, or whatever.
In case I didn't say this in the right way, I'm not meaning any put down or negative thinking about collectors here. More like the collecting need isn't as big a mystery to me as it had been.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:04 am

mindysue, I didn't realize how hard the Ace Attorney games were to come by for the DS system. I guess they didn't ship too many to the USA because they figured the American audience wouldn't like the quirky humor of the games? They do seem to have a good following here though.

I've played through a few HOG recently. I found 'Shutter Island' to be rather disappointing (and short). I spent quite a bit of time with 'Hidden Magic' and thought it was pretty good overall. I also liked 'Marooned Ep. 1' quite a bit. I like the challenge of having each chapter cover several different areas, each with various pieces to find which form the items which can then be used in inventory puzzles. Nothing too strenuous on the mind, hehe, just a fun diversion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th   Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th Empty

Back to top Go down

Spend, spend, spend!!! - NON-Adventure games - March 16th
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next