Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart Empty
PostSubject: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:44 pm

Survivor Nicaragua Season 21 starts tonight.

Are all you loyal Survivor fans excited ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:46 pm

Can't wait for another season to start. It is the only television show I watch so you know I look forward to hearing that great theme music. Can't believe I have watch this for 21 seasons.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 12:20 am

GreyFuss you have to be the number one fan of Survivor Smile

Not much longer for you to wait now, just an hour or two.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Well...surprisingly, I found Jimmy Johnson very likeable...and being a long-suffering Bills fan that's hard for me to do. Poor Wendy talked herself off the show at tribal for sure. Her husband was right about her. Fabio on the young team is truly a 'dumb blonde'. Laughing
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 5:29 pm

Hi jkeerie, cute football penguin Smile

Fabio what a dizzy blonde, he was so funny cutting those leaves down. I knew Wendy was gone when she started talking. Jimmy J was likable. I thought Jimmy T was way to intense. The way they divided the teams was interesting, I wonder how that will work out. One thing I don't understand and doesn't seem right is that power thing. The young team found it ok but they traded it for the box. So if the other team uses it they have to give it to the other team. That just doesn't seem right since the other team has the box. It should be an interesting season.

Did you enjoy the show GreyFuss ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:26 pm

Typically first shows are ho hum because we haven't had the chance to see what these new castaways are all about and last nights was no exception. I am not liking the twist that was introduced last night either. The Medallion of Power just doesn't seem to fit in Survivor. Advantages at challenges? I might have been OK with it if it is a one time thing, meaning you take the box or the medallion then the team with the medallion keeps it for as long as they want but can only use it once. After that it is gone never to come back.

I have a feeling that the older tribe might surprise a lot of viewers. If they use their maturity and life's experience it may equate to working well together as a team whereas the twenty year olds immaturity and thinking they know all there is to know about life without experiencing it is surely a recipe for turmoil. It will be interesting to see as there are no buffering 30 year olds this season to go either way.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Well...another survivor talked his way off the show during tribal council! Shannon showed his true colors...and it wasn't pretty.

I was proud of the oldsters. I actually think they would have won that challenge even without the one ball lead. Henry sure had difficulty hitting that basket with the balls.

Some interesting personal interactions in this game.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:36 pm

That whole tribal wasn't pretty. That younger team needs to pull itself together.

I was glad for the older team and I had to laugh at how surprised the younger team was that they lost.

Some very interesting personal interactions. I wonder if some of the attitudes change.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:43 pm

And with a better "touch" the oldsters would have had 'em. It amazes me how no one on that show thinks of "team" and winning as a team to avoid tribal council altogether before the merge. Marty made his play and succeeded in ousting his only rival as the leader of the tribe. Of course Jimmy J didn't help himself by being the only honest person and identifying himself as a weak link physically. He left with class.

None of the oldsters will survive to the final three. I also predict that none of the women on the young tribe will last to the final three. They are eating each other alive. Naonka is the worst. She's a PE teacher??? I'll bet her classes are tough! "What do you mean you're too tired to run anothe lap? I"ll break your leg if you quit now!" Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:55 pm

Marty has such a big ego he might rub people the wrong way. It will be interesting to see how he handles the immunity thing.

The younger tribe is just so full of itself. I think Naoka's days are numbered. They are definetly eating theirselves alive.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:27 pm

I have come to the conclusion that the Medallion of Power has no place in Survivor. But since it is in there then it certainly should not be rotated. It should have disappeared from the game as soon as the older tribe chose to use it.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:56 am

I agree with you GreyFuss. The medallion of power just doesn't fit the game. It shouldn't be passed back
and forth. When it was used the first time that should have been it. The whole concept of it doesn't feel right to me.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:57 pm

I'm actually getting bored with this season. Perhaps next week's change up will add a bit of spice to this very bland season.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:39 pm

JK

You took the words right out of my mouth. I was just about to say the same thing. So far the season is shaping up to be the worst for me. Very uneventful and I think the Medallion of Power is one of the worst twists ever. The young tribe didn't earn such a big power to use it last night. I also am not in favor of these mid season team switches. All it does is make for the lesser number tribe members to be picked off with not much thought to game play. I would do the same if I were there. The only way I would go for tribe switches if they did it every week. I will still watch but this doesn't seem like a good cast and I voted for JimmyT to be on the show. Boy did he turn out to be a big disappointment. Maybe this is all because of last season being the best season that we are having withdrawals.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:20 pm

I will have to agree with all that's been said. Very disappointing season so far. But what do they mean by team switches ? It isn't a merge is it ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:23 pm

Not a merge yet, Hat. They are going to now mix up the teams, I believe....with old and young on each tribe. That sure throws a monkey wrench in Marty the Leader's plan! Ha! He's an arrogant arse anyway!

GF....I think they need the mid-season team switches this year especially, since the young tribe has been so dominant in the challengess. Old versus young was just a bad idea to begin with.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:35 pm

Thanks jkeerie I think I understand it now. Mixed up teams will throw a monkey wrench in Mart's plans lol he is so arrogant. If he and Naoke get on the same team that should liven things up a bit. I expect the young ones will start picking off the old ones to send home now.

I totally agree old versus young teams just wasn't a good idea.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:21 pm

JK

I don't think the tribe mix ups are good in any year and don't add to any game play at all, including this year. All it does is end up with a few weeks of predictable shows where the unfortunate fewer numbers get picked off without the chance to save themselves. I think the old vs young idea would work but they screwed up the ages. They have the twenty year olds competing against the 40, 50 & 60 year olds. To keep the playing Field level the younger team should have had 6 & 13 year olds too but we know that can;t happen. What they could have done is have a battle of the ages with 3 teams of 7. the 20's vs the 30's vs the 40's, Casting then could have picked physically fit in all ages and we know that their is a tremendous pool of physically fit 40 year olds. No, the producers blew it when the spanned the older tribe over 3 decades. Why didn't they come to me firts... I would have told them this and to dump the idea of the Medallion of Power. Speaking of the medallion, what happens with it now that the tribes will be mixed up?

Gee, I wonder what the Younguns that get Dan on their team are going to think?
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Good points, all...GF! They should come to you first before they get anymore of their "brilliant" ideas.

Are you saying they shouldn't do any kind of merge in any season? You are correct in that all it leads to is the tribe members that had the fewest at the point of the merge get picked off one by one unless they can gain individual immunity. At some point though, not merging becomes impractical due to diminished team members.

If you could structure this game any way you could...as a seasoned professional watcher over lo these many years....how would you do it? Feel free to add any wrinkles you care to.

This should be good...... Smile
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi JK

The "merge" is fine it is the shuffling of the tribes in mid game that I am not a fan of, especially if they draw from a bag or the school yard "pick". Remember the All Star season? I think they all drew a colored stone out of a bag to see what tribe they would be on and the only change out of everybody was Amber had to switch tribes and guess who won the game...lol that one was a big back fire on the producers and the knuckleheads that kept her because they were friends with Boston Rob outside of they game. Was there any fan of Survivor that knew that since she was the only castaway switched that she should have been the first to go? Don't know if that will ever happen again. LOL I have babbled on.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 1:29 am

You're not babbling, GF. I'd still love to know how you would design this game. What wrinkles would you add? Besides the midseason mixups and elimination of the medallion of power, what else would you change?
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:46 pm

Hey JK

Actually the design of the game is already laid and the shows strength its these twists that have been placed especially the reshuffle that hasn't really panned out before so why keep trying?

Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Oh....so you would basically iron out the "wrinkles" they keep folding into each season. They shouldn't fix what isn't broken.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Well....Old Tyrone worked himself out of the game very nicely with his boorish behavior.

I was so hoping that the yellow tribe would lose immunity so I could see Marty's arse voted out. If he thinks he's leading that tribe....he's a bigger fool than one could imagine.

I think mixing up the tribes did add a bit of interest.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:30 pm

Well...yesterday's episode was the best one yet. I just don't understand, though, why the yellow tribe didn't use the opportunity they had to oust Marty. They could have gotten rid of Kelly B any time. Why not oust Marty when he offered himself up like an arrogant fatted cow???? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart Empty

Back to top Go down

Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next