Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 6:38 pm

I think it would be Naoke and Kelly P who would quit.

Yes I have seen that slight of hand with the film cutting before.

I was thinking that if someone quite at this stage of the game it would be really unfair for them to go on the jury. But if two people did quite and they didn't go on the jury isn't that going to make a numbers problem with the jury ? After pointing out the slights of hand with previews I'm thinking that nobody is going to quite.

harshest
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi JK

Where you been???

I guess if anyone at anytime thought that they didn't have a chance to win in this game then they should have never been on the show in the first place. Especially this late in the game. Fighting and scraping for a place in line is what Survivor is all about and the game is always changing. One twist, Immunity Challenge win or somebody playing a hidden Immunity Idol can flop the game at anytime and switched alliances have made for some surprise players in the final 4 before. When I see or here anyone quiting Survivor I always reflect back on how many thousands of others that would sell their soul to have made the cut and be on the show. All in all I hope the show tonight will be full of strategy and some great challenges. I think now would be a good time for one of those pecking order reward challenges for all to see the alliances now.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:51 pm

Hey GF....

Been working too hard, as usual.

I think everything you said makes sense. You HAVE to know in advance that conditions will be miserable from time to time in the game....so why put yourself through it if you don't have it in you to finish...and why deprive someone else of the opportunity. Of course selfish people aren't thinking about anyone but themselves to begin with.

As to the game turning, and "anyone" could win, in Naonka's case, she has displayed so much attitude and selfishness, she's GOT to know she wouldn't win any style points with a jury.

I hope tonight's show is better, too. If folks quit...will they even bother with voting people off?

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:25 pm

JK...I think you need a vacation Cool

Jeff Probst has made it known that he hates those that quit the game and has to respect for them. For me, as one who loves this game, if you quit, you forfeit anything left for you in the game including having the right to be on the Jury and the right to go to Ponderosa with the others voted off to continue playing the game. Did I ever mention that I detest the Ponderosa? Sure I watch them but when this game was pure and new they sequestered the jurors from each other when they were voted out and there votes where then based on only what they knew from the time they spent in the game. Once you are voted out you should not be able to continue playing the game by talking and or influencing the votes of others by telling them what you want to about the others that are still in the game. We all know that a lot of players are bitter when voted out so they can campaign against someone getting votes and thats still playing the game. When you out your out. They should prevent them from talking to each other like it was at the begining....Sorry I got carried away and begain to rant.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:37 pm

Hi jk I agreee with GreyFuss, I think you need to take a nice vacation and visit us here more.

GreyFuss I like watching the Ponderosa too but like you I don't think a quitter deserves to go to the Ponderosa or to be on the jury.

Your rant is interesting as are all your rants.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:05 am

Well I am throughly disgusted. There have been times with Survivor when I question something they have done or a certain way the changed the game but this tops it. These two people are quitters and should not be allowed to continue in any capacity what so ever. I am so p___ed that Jeff even snuffed out their torches. He should of just threw them in the fire and tell them to hit the road. Did you see Alina crying? I don't blame her as she was one that wanted to stay in the game so bad as did Marty and then they had to see this. I hope that they all give it to them real good if they let them in at Ponderosa and I will bet that they will here a chorus of boos if they come to the reunion show from the live audience. And please Jeff don't even ask them any questions at the reunion they don't deserve it. Geesh, I am ticked off.

Sorry but I had to vent
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:47 am

Well I just don't know what to say about tonights episode. I just couldn't believe it. Yes I saw Alina crying. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Naoke have a big part in voting out Brenda and Alina? And then they get to be on the jury ? It's unbelievable. This whole season has been anything but exciting or interesting.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:06 am

Naonka has got to be one of the most selfish people on the planet. She's quitting the game but still thinks she deserves a reward?????? Kudos to Holly....she should at least get the fan vote for the $100K. She is so stand up and unselfish!!!

I agree with you GF...both Naonka and Kelly should have just been sent packing. At least Kelly was showing some remorse at those who were voted out, and here she quit. But Naonka????? What bugs me most about her is she's a teacher. What a role model?!!! Hope her students let her know what a crud she is.

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 4:25 am

I know this might not be a nice thing to say but I hope there will a big fight at Ponderosa with Alina, Marty and Brenda (well maybe not Brenda as it may be beneath her) really giving it to Naonka with Kelly cowering in the corner. Right now I want to write to Jeff or Burnett and tell them how this season veteran watcher is upset with leaving them on the Jury. But I will wait until tomorrow to cool off and read Jeff's Blog. If I count the numbers right they were going to have one of the largest Jurys anyway at 9 so reduce it by 2 and we get it down to the size that it was originally 7. How can these 2 even have any plausible questions for the final 3?

How long do you really think Naonka will keep her job after the school board and parents learn about her behavior and selfishness?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 4:41 am

Well it might not be a nice thing to say, but I was hoping the same thing, I was hoping that Brenda would just jump on her and give her a good walloping. I'm wondering about how they are going to feel when they find out that Naoke gave the idol to Chase.

GreyFuss I fervently hope they never upset you this much again. When you write that letter you can tell them you aren't the only one that's upset.

If it's any self respecting school she shouldn't have a job now.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 4:54 am

Heidi from Survivor Amazon lost her grade school teaching job for actions on the show. Of course that wasn't what they told her and I seem to recall someone else did too.

I don't predict Brenda fighting with Naonka at Ponderosa after all she wouldn't even fight for herself to stay in the game.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 5:27 am

If Heidi from Survivor Amazon showed questionable actions it was probably a good thing for her not to be teaching grade school kids.

I really doubt that Brenda will fight with Naoke too. She probably won't even confront her. I don't think Naoke will be as warmly welcomed as other jury members have been. I think it's entirely possible Marty might have some words with her. Alina looked really upset too. I really felt sorry for Alina.

hatshepsut

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Just read that Naonka is a Gym teacher at the YMCA. Still working with kids but I am not so sure you need a degree for that do you?
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Just read Jeff's Blog. He hears the outcry from fans over the jury. Said they have precedent from Survivor Pulau and have to stay consistent. He's obviously very po'd about Naonka and Purple Kelly. He says Naonka won't regret quitting because of her immaturity. He really can't stand her selfishness. She could have made it to the final three because she wouldn't have gotten any votes and other players would have wanted to take her with them. Purple Kelly he thinks will regret the move and says Naonka gave her the out.

He really thinks this shakes up the dynamic of the alliances etc. The only one he can't see winning is Dan.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Hmm I don't know if you need a degree to teach a PE class at the YMCA or not. It is a scary thought that she is teaching children. I can only hope that she is truly not that bad in her real life.

I think it will shake up the dynamics of the alliances also. I don't see Dan winning either. I noticed that Alina stayed away from greeting them at the Ponderosa. From the fan comments it looks like alot of people are upset that Naonka and Kelly P went to the jury. I really don't see why that they went to jury just because they did it once before. The show makes the rules right? And they have changed other things right?

Where are you guys reading this blog of Jeff's ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:15 am

I just google it and find the latest one. Here's one link: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/12/02/jeff-probst-blogs-survivor-nicaragua-episode-12/
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:17 am

Thanks jk Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 3:56 pm

Well...last night's episode was one of the best this season. The challenges were good, but the plotting and maneuvering even better. Benry really got blind-sided. Quite honestly, with all the discussion, I really didn't know for sure who they were gunning for in the end!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 5:23 pm

Last nights challenges were good. I thought they were going to vote Fabio out and I was surprised when it was Benery who got voted out. I was glad Fabio hung on one more week but I'll be surprised if he last much longer. I wonder if Fabio and Dan will go with Chase now. Do any of them know that Chase has an immunity idol ?

I think it would be funny if Dan, Holly and Jane end up being the final three. Does anyone think Chase will give up Jane ? I will be very surprised if he does. But then he is pretty wishy washy so maybe it wouldn't be all that surprising.

I thought I heard Jeff say last night that there were only two episodes left. Is that right? How would that work out with six players now ?

Next week should be a good show.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 6:58 pm

I agree that last night has been one of the better ones this season. A season that is on my worst list. It would be the worst except that Thailand was so bad it would take a miracle for a season to out do it. Laughing

We all know that Jeff hates the quitters. At least he didn't give them any acknowledgment last night and introduced them as "The 2 Quitters" at Tribal. I have nothing against them personally but they should not be part of "The Game" and I can't stand seeing them at Ponderosa and hearing about all their interviews. The only other time I was PO'ed at Survivor was CBS's fault...this time it is all Burnett. And I don't by the precedence excuse...they are actually setting a precedence now for quitters in the future and it would have been better if they nipped it in the bud this season and they should add something in the contract also. I actually feel cheated watching the show. How many episodes have we seen this season out of 12 that didn't involve quitting? Dan 2, Holly 1, Alina 2, Nayonka 2. I have renamed this season Ni-quit-raga. Sorry...I am ranting again.

Well if you look at the numbers Jeff is right that there are only 2 episodes left. Seeing as they are always done before Xmas, that they always go into the finale night with 4 or 5 (lately) players left then the Finale night must be a week from this Sunday. Also since we started the season with 20 and only 13 weeks to get down to 4 or 5 that means that either we have 2 going home this Thursday and have 4 left for the finale or 1 going home with 5 left.

I am not looking forward to the finale and the quitters being on the jury or the live show for the same reason. At least I hope that Jeff does not ask them anything live because I am tired of hearing how they say their bodies had shut down and they are comfortable with their decision to quit. Sorry...ranting again
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 12:16 am

Ni-quite-raga good one GreyFuss and that tells just about the whole story. I find it hard to believe that there was a worse episode than this one but I take your word for it.

with the way Jeff has been talking about the quitters and the way he treated them I can't imagine that he would let them say anything. Have any players ever been booed at the live show?

Is the last show a two hour show.

As strange as it may seem I just wish this season would be over. I am anxiously looking forward to the next season. When will it start.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 7:05 pm

Yes Psut, the last episode is 2 hours followed by the Live Reunion 1 hour show for a 3 hour total Finale night.

I think there have been some boo's before at the live reunion show but none so drastic as for Jerry Mantey during All Stars and it wasn't called for. She was so visibly shaken by the loud chorus that she didn't return after the next commercial. She did come back for the last few minutes, you have to give her credit for that.

I hope you are right about Jeff not acknowledging the quitters on the Live show. I can't even stand seeing them as it reminds me of how wrong it is for them to be on the Jury...............oh wow man......you almost started me into another rant.........whew.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 9:23 pm

I don't remember Jerry Mantey getting booed. For the most part I don't think booing is called for. In the case of the quitters I think an exception wouldn't be uncalled for. I can't stand looking at them either especially that 'thinks she's great Naonke'.

But Greyfuss really your rants are so interesting.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 9:43 pm

I don't think you saw All Stars Hats so you wouldn't have seen Jerry booed. I Think it was season 8.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 9:59 pm

Well that explains why I didn't remember it, you are right I didn't watch it then. I was getting the name All Stars confused with Villains and Heros. First time that I ever got confused Rolling Eyes lol

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next