Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Survivor: Redemption Island

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Survivor: Redemption Island Empty
PostSubject: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Premieres Feb 16

Looks like Boston Rob and Russell are back for this season. That should make the show interesting.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:53 pm

hatshepsut wrote:

Looks like Boston Rob and Russell are back for this season. That should make the show interesting.

hatshepsut

Actually I am in the opposite camp. I am not a fan of any of the All Star Seasons (*)or any seasons that bring back past castaways. Part of playing the game is the social aspect of being stranded with people you don't know and how you interact, lie and react to them. I already know who these two are and if anyone knows Survivor these new castaways know these 2.

Good grief enough of Boston Rob. Sorry, I like the guy but enough is enough, 4 seasons...give me a break. And the only reason Russell Hantz's tactics worked is that the 2 seasons he was on absolutely nobody knew him. How on earth would any of these castaways trust this guy. They would have all seen his seasons. Would anyone risk their game and try to take him to the end when we have seen how easily he turns on his own? And with Boston Rob how many times have we heard him say in his confessionals "If these people were smart, they would vote me off early".

I am also not a fan of anyone returning. Just like the quitters, once you are out that should be it. So before hand I am not too excited for this redemption thing let alone Rob and Russell. Of course I'll be watching...after last season could anything get worse? Cool

(*) I must say though that despite my feelings of all the shows that featured past castaways, Heroes vs Villains is my favorite season
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:46 pm

I guess when I said more interesting I meant just not as boring as last season.

Geez I didn't know Boston Rob had been on that many times. Somebody must really like him. I do agree about Russell. I don't see how any one could trust Russell. I'm finally starting to get it that sometimes you have to do not very nice things in the game. But I think Russell took it to a whole new level.

There must be alot of people trying to get on Survivor so I wonder why they think they have to keep bringing back previous players.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:52 pm

New season starts this Wednesday. Quick question, without looking it up and off the top of your head, who won the last season?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:04 pm

Fabio won last season

hatshepsut

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:09 pm

LOL...it took me a while to think of that.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Survivor: Redemption Island 10

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:22 pm

Okay. Impressions on Episode One.

This could be a good season. The dynamics of Boston Rob's tribe were incredible. Three renegades: Kristina, Francesca (or is it Franquesca?) and Phillip....were plotting against Boston Rob. The rest of the tribe all on the same page.

Why are people on this game SO intent on weakening their tribes so early on that they have a standing date at Tribal Council for the rest of the show? Oh yea....that person is a threat to me after the merge. What...I might not make it to the merge? Oh yea... And even if I do, I won't have many allies and we'll all be picked off one by one? Oh yea....

For people who think they are so smart....guess again.

Amazing tribal council. Mini-alliance busted! Hidden idol revealed! Phillip's no dummy. Scary that he was a Federal Agent. The Attorney and the law student lying through their teeth. Well there's hope for our legal system. Rolling Eyes

Love the idea of duking it out at Redemption Island to get back in the game. Francesca did not look happy all alone in the dark.

I'm optimistic for this season...that could change, but so far......
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi jkeerie. I agree with what you said jk. Pretty good episode I thought. The tribal council, I thought I would fall off my chair. At first I was astounded by what I was hearing and seeing. And then when I saw the look on Jeffs face I started laughing and couldn't stop. It was so totally unbelievable. I enjoyed it immensely. I'm not sure I understand the redemption island thing yet so I'm not sure what I think about it. Is it just me or did anyone else think that Matt looks like Fabio ? I thought it was Fabio at first. I can hardly wait till next week.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:32 pm

I must say that I am not a Fan of returning players in the game and the Rob, Russell deal is no different. However I have to say that without them for this first episode we wouldn't have had the drama that we saw and this first episode wouldn't have been as good as it was.

For all the brilliance and kudos Kristina attained by finding the Idol that was to be so much harder to find this season she blew it with her lame idea of making a "game changing move" on Day 2!...what? Why? There is no such thing as a game changing move on day 2. What was the hurry to get Rob out? I certainly don't see him or Russell as a threat to win this game. Your bold move turned on you when Agent Phillip (LOL) couldn't keep his mouth shut. Kristina, why did you feel the need to tell him anything when you said yourself you couldn't trust him. I certainly would not have told anyone I had the Idol this early...good grief its only day 2 & 3 and you don't really know much yet about anyone. This was a big bonehead move on her part after a brilliant move in finding the idol. BTW...didn't anyone see her walk away from camp with the shovel and become suspicious?

Speaking of Philip...Ha...what a tool. I cringed and laughed every time he opened his mouth. I highly doubt he could have been a field agent. There are many desk jockey positions that still have the title of agent used. Field agents certainly would know how to keep a low profile and keep your mouth shut don't you think? And on top of all that he professes to be a brilliant reader of people. Then how come he couldn't read that Francesca was lying to Rob about voting for him at Tribal before he blew up on her and Kristina. What a dolt, has he ever watched Survivor? Does he really think that from here on anyone could trust him with the way he went on at Tribal. Besides maybe his personality is why he was at 3 different agencies and he was let go from each one.

Personally if I were playing the game I would want to keep Russell and Rob around if for nothing else than to have players that have targets on their back that is not me. Always time to gather votes against them before a merge.

I also am not a fan of this redemption thing although I will keep an open mind and see how strategically it will play out. Maybe it will work out good and I will like it. One thing I am not sure of liking is the rumor I heard that the players in the game will be spectators at the duels on Redemption Island. I am not sure that I like the idea of the players knowing who wins. Better they don't know if there enemies are still in or out of the game. Besides it looks as if the odds would be the the last person on Redemption Island would be someone voted out later in the game. The earlier you go the more duels you have to go through. We wont find out much until episode 3 when the first duel will take place. I am just guessing here but wouldn't the only time for a player to reenter the game be at the merge?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:15 pm

I had to laugh every time Phillip opened his mouth too. I can't imagine he was ever a Field agent. I really couldn't figure out why Kristina would want anyone to know she had the idol. Very dumb move and now everyone knows that she has it. I don't think it will do her any good for long.

Redemption Island, I think the only thing that makes sense is that the person who last would rejoin at the merge.

With that drama filled first episode I hope the rest of the season stays as good Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:40 am

I have been wanting to come to this thread but I couldn't. I had it recorded and just now watched it. OMG..Phil..What a flippin tool. I could not believe tribal council..HILARIOUS! Kristina really blew it...wow. Why why why would anyone play those cards so soon in the game....and to trust Phil the Spaz.. Geezzzz. This is gonna be good.
Survivor: Redemption Island A102
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:45 am

Hi Ang

That tribal was the funniest most unbelievable thing I've seen so far. I don't know how Kristina could be smart enough to find that idol but dumb enough to tell those other two. Especially special agent Phil duh Survivor: Redemption Island 428568

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:06 am

I thought this was funny...seems our friend Philip was a background checker interviewer...hahahaha. Could you imagine how his interviews went?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:34 am

Philip was a background checker interviewer ? That is funny Laughing I would have liked being a fly on the wall for those interviews lol

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:30 pm

I am hoping that tonights episode will center more on the others in both tribes that we didn't see much of last week to get to know them better but my guess is they will only dwell on those we saw most of last week.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:25 am

I was entertained tonight. Pretty good show. Watching Boston Rob work some more of his magic especially with not alienating Philip by keeping in good graces with him and playing to his ego in camp and at Tribal council. Rob would do good by keeping Philip around as he may be loyal to a fault to him and easily keep a target on Philip while eliminating bigger threats.

Can we do something better with the hidden Immunity Idols. Last week on the second day a newbie finds it and this week a player stumbles on the other. I think that maybe they shouldn't even hide it until a clue is given. Then put it in its hiding place so nobody will find it for a few days. Then if nobody finds it by the time the next clue is given then move it to another location with the second clue giving a hint to the new location. Something has to be done to change this aspect of the game. Or how about a rule that says you can't use the Idol on your self but only at Tribal. Change up something to change the strategy. Do you have any ideas?

What are your views on the show?

Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:13 pm

I thought the episode was excellent. What a blind side. Yet I still question voting out a strong tribe member when you are clearly the weaker team.

As to hidden immunity idol....I definitely agree they should do something about folks just "stumbling on it" or searching without clues. I also prefer it when players keep it to themselves and then just use it when needed...totally taking team members by surprise.

We need to see more of the dynamic with Russell's tribe.

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:42 am

I thought last nights episode was good. I thought it was funny Russel taking the clue and looking for the hidden idol when it had already been found. I agree that they probably need to do something different about finding the clues and idols. I don;t know what it would be though. Something like GreyFuss's suggestion might work.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:51 pm

I am hoping that next weeks episode does not dwell too much on the Redemption Island dual. There already isn't enough time each week to devote to what is going on in the camps as it is. 40 minutes of the hour just doesn't leave us much time to get into the strategies and non-strategies every week. To take even more of that away for this Redemption Island, which isn't a part of the big game but a consolation game, just shouldn't happen. 5 minutes would be too much in my opinion. If they want to quickly just go over who won it then fine but not any more. Maybe they can have more coverage on the last duel on Redemption to see who gets to go back into the real game can be allowed. Do I think they will do as I suggest...no! They are probably going to devote way too much time each week for my taste. Better yet, they should open up the show each week not with the tribes walk back from tribal but wit 2 minutes of who who the duel the week before. Most die hard seasoned Survivor veterans already think the shows should be 90 minutes or better.

I want to watch the Real game, not the losers bracket.

I just had a brilliant idea...they could shoot all the footage they want of Redemption Island and show it on the CBS web site each week like they do with Ponderosa.

Thanks for listening

BTW

Like we were discussing earlier...Jeff Probst knows that the Hidden Immunity Idol has to change and is asking for ideas on his new web site, which is quite a nice site. http://www.jeffprobst.com/
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:22 am

Survivor is already short enough without wasting time on Redemption Island. I which each episode was longer like maybe two hours. I'm still don't know if I really like Redemption Island or not. I think it would be better to do it like the Ponderossa. Do you think this dueling means they are actually going to fight ? Does the loser get sent home then ?

Next episode should be good. Lots of possible drama brewing in both tribes.

Something different does need to be done about the idol situation, I just don't know what. It's very funny seeing Russel lying about the clue and looking for that idol that isn't there.

Thanks for the link to the blog GreyFuss it was an interesting read.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:36 pm

Wow. Last night's episode was classic! The purple tribe....large alliance versus Russell's mini-harem. One can see why Stephanie is so loyal to Russell. Yes....he knows how to get to the end....and whoever he brings with him, wins because he's so unlikeable. Stephanie is seeing herself in that role.

Steve's plan was terrific! First lie about Francesca beating Matt. Then convince the alliance of 6 to throw the challenge and vote Russell out. The plan worked to perfection!

Russell....knew the plan. I was so concerned that Stephanie and Russell got Julie to flip. She's smart though. You can NEVER trust Russell. You just couldn't read Julie...even at tribal. Stephanie's argument was correct, anyone can vote you out at any time....but I'd rather take my chances with someone other than Russell.

Redemption Island: Duel was okay. At what point, though, does the tribe member come back? At the merge? That means you have to keep on winning maybe a half dozen duels or more.

Rob and the chair. That was cool. Phillip was clueless. Very clever of Rob in manipulating him off the chair with the clue.

Good episode!

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:53 pm

I thought last nights episode was really good. Redeemption Island wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Steve's strategy was one of the best I've seen. Smart move getting rid of Russel. I wonder if Matt cam beat him. I can't remember if Russel is good at puzzles or not. I was really concerned that Julie was going to flip too. I couldn't read her at tribal either. She might turn out to be a good player. I think they will have to get rid of Stephanie as soon as they can.

I'm trying to figure out when the person will rejoin the tribe too. It seems like it would have to be at the merge wouldn't it ? Because isn't it after the merge that whoever is voted off goes on the jury ? Will the jury go to the Ponderosa ?

I had to laugh at Russell being p****d. He always thinks he's so in control and that he won't get voted off. If he manages to make it back no telling what mean devious thing he'll do. I hope Matt or some future player can beat him.

I think Rob has a real devotee in Phil, it looks like at this point Rob could get him to do whatever he wants. Their team really needed to win to boost their morale.

Looks like it's shaping up to be a good season. I just wish each episode was a little longer.

hats
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:22 pm

I agree Hats. Now that they take extra time for the redemption island duel, they have to edit too much of the rest of the show. Heck, Jeff didn't even ask if anyone had the hidden immunity idol at tribal council. Neutral
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:36 pm

I noticed too that Jeff didn't ask about the hidden immunity idol.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next