Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Game Are You Playing Now

Go down 
+27
zobraks
SweetDalilah
Mullane
bonsai
AlienBZ
mbday630
SuperEdy
Andromus
Igor Hardy
Ugur
Suvek
Camaro
lakerz
Faust
mindysue
diatribal deity
Magoozelle
jkeerie
HandsFree
Mystery Lover
Jen
AngDMC
Lady Kestrel
winfrey
GreyFuss
Gelert
hatshepsut
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 11:29 pm

I am glad to know there weren't any space ships in Black Mirror because I certainly didn't remember any lol.

I've looked at Elder Scrolls: Oblvion a few times and really liked the graphics. Interesting story too Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:00 am

Speaking of Elder Scrolls I finally finished/completed Skyrim which I started back in early November. It is a very long game which provided me approximately X50 hours of game play. Currently I'm now well into The Book of Unwritten Tales, a delightful game that shamelessly pokes fun at RPGs from time to time but the concept of combat in this game just seems hilarious. Smile
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:14 am

hatshepsut wrote:
I don't remember any space ships or space missions in Black Mirror 2 scratch Of course I've been known to forget parts of games I've played but I really think I would remember space ships scratch

hatshepsut

You remember the game well Hat - as for the space ships, I insert these in, using my imagination off-computer. Wink

To date, played up to intro sequence of Chap 3 in Gray Matter, then the 1953 KGB aka Phobos 1953 where
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 5:15 am

I haven't played The Book of Unwritten Tales yet but I really liked the humor in the demos Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 11:39 am

Oh Hatshepsut, you will love Book of Unwritten Tales. I am envious that you will have all that fun. It is still fun for me in re-play, but, the first go-round was lots of fun. Have you bought the game and are just waiting to play it?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:36 pm

mbday630 Book of Unwritten Tales is still on my to buy list. I am anxious to play it Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 2:02 am

On a side note it appears (keep in mind that I am a poor researcher Embarassed ) that an english translation of Book of Unwritten Tales: the Critter Chronicles is still in the works. I thought there were a few interesting posts regarding the sequel or rather the prequel on the King Arts game forum. As for selling more copies of tBoUT, it looks to be around 25,000 units sold since Jan. '12. I'm optimistic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:13 pm

I'm now playing The Dig and enjoying it very much Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:21 pm

I loved the Dig!!!!
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:28 pm

I just finished The Dig too! Awesome, epic game! I enjoyed it very much! Very Happy Now I am playing Phantasmagoria 2. Quite nice so far.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:51 pm

I am really loving The Dig too Very Happy

Phantasmagoria 2 was a good game. Tends to be a little tense and creepy. I enjoyed it playing it. (well I'm not quite sure if enjoyed is exactly the right word lol )

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:24 pm

I am currently replaying The Space Bar. AG is having a community playthrough, so I decided to join in there. It's one of the hardest but also one of the funniest games I've ever played.
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:52 pm

I haven't even started playing Full Throttle and I've already violated the Software License Agreement, it's absolutely ludicrous. No

When I'm sent to prison at least I'll have a good story. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:40 pm

I will have to put The Space Bar in my ever growing to play pile.

Yikes Camaro, that doesn't sound good at all pale You will have to tell us the whole story

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 1:05 am

I am playing " The Book of Unwritten Tales" normally I don't like a game with a lot of dialog .. and this one has ALOT. But it is such a cute game I am not minding it at all.. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
Camaro
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 2:20 am

hatshepsut wrote:
Yikes Camaro, that doesn't sound good at all pale You will have to tell us the whole story
hatshepsut
What? And further sully my reputation? Smile

Just like The Dig this game is another re-make (call it that it you want for lack of a better description) that unlike most games doesn't install to the hard drive, rather it simply runs off the disc drive using scummVM interpreter. Since the DVD drive in my notebook is fried, I'm hooked up to a massive external complemented with its own cooling fan. Needless to say (I may have already) it does emit its fair share of annoying clicks, pops and burps. I get around that easily enough though, that is until I read the fine print and stopped dead in my tracks. affraid

SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
LICENSE CONDITIONS.
You shall not:
blah
blah
blah
Quote :
-Unless an authorized copy of the Program is electronically delivered to you, copy this Program onto a hard drive or other storage device; you must run this Program from the included compact disc (“CD”) or digital versatile disc (“DVD”) (although this Program itself may automatically copy a portion of this Program onto your hard drive during installation in order to run more efficiently).
I do hope everyone keeps mum about this. I already feel guilty enough. Wink

It gets even better though.
blah
blah
blah
Quote :
-Sell, rent, lease, license, distribute or otherwise transfer this Program, or any copies of this Program, without the express prior written consent of Activision.
Thanks Activision, I'll keep that in mind.
What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 396290

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:09 am

That's quite a Software License Agreement Camaro pale

We will keep mum about this Wink

Just makes me wonder how many Software License Agreements I might have broken scratch On second thought I don't think I want to know Laughing

hatshepsut

Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi Camaro,
You didn't violate any software agreement that I can see by simply doing what you needed to do in order to play the game on your own equipment. You only violate the agreement if you rigged it so that someone else on another computer somewhere can play the same game at the same time as you are playing it. In other words 2 people playing the game from the one disc. That second person didn't buy the game, but is using the game you bought and that violates the agreement. If you need help playing the game, it is okay to let someone else play for you because that is still only the game you bought, not a copied version of the game. Am I making myself clear, or mixing everybody up?

By the way, many thanks Camaro for writing that "digital versatile disc" is a DVD because I have been wondering for many years what that "V" stood for! I had a fair idea of the 2 "D"s, but hadn't a clue for that middle letter.
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:34 am

Thanks mindysue. Personally I don't think anyone really cares how one plays a game as long as the user abides by the single user policy and doesn't distribute copies of the original disc's contents. Now if for some reason I was to "lose" the game and someone "found" it (sell,buy) then it would be a violation of the agreement to continue playing the game. Of course I reckon that someone would have to be a person of questionable morals to do so. Wink
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:55 am

It's the same thing like bying a second hand game. The publisher doesn't earn anything. And they can't do anything about that (thank God). If a friend of mine, who wants to play a game, but can not afford to buy it I would gladly lend it to him. Since it's a legitime copy there is no problem at all. If I want I may give it to him for free as a gift after I have played it. It's that simple.
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:44 am

tsampikos wrote:
It's the same thing like bying a second hand game. The publisher doesn't earn anything. And they can't do anything about that (thank God).
But they can and are doing it already! New games can have a steam key on disk or otherwise require the player to go through some activiation server. And it's not made clear what they are checking there and what you can and cannot do. I bought Next Big Thing on disk but won't play it because I refuse to go along with this. It's said Yesterday, Captian Morgane, Rockin Dead and the TellTale disks also have that. I have stopped buying games because of this (except from Gog).
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:08 am

They just require Internet connection. If you want to play the game on an offline computer an activated .exe would do the trick. You can sell a used Pendulo or Telltale game without a problem.
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:34 am

Someone posted on GameBoomers that after installing Captian Morgane she got a message there were 4 activations left! So I'd say you don't want to buy a used copy. And because of that I'm not buying new either.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:17 pm

HandsFree wrote:
Someone posted on GameBoomers that after installing Captian Morgane she got a message there were 4 activations left! So I'd say you don't want to buy a used copy. And because of that I'm not buying new either.

I didn't see that HandsFree, did the person specify whether it was a disc or a download ? I sympathize with the publishers and developers who want to see a return on thier games and want to piracy. I just don't think making it more difficult for the game with limited activation codes is the way to go.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:30 pm

It was about the disc version. Unfortunately this @#$% is already commonly accepted for downloads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Game Are You Playing Now
Page 26 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next