Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Game Are You Playing Now

Go down 
+27
zobraks
SweetDalilah
Mullane
bonsai
AlienBZ
mbday630
SuperEdy
Andromus
Igor Hardy
Ugur
Suvek
Camaro
lakerz
Faust
mindysue
diatribal deity
Magoozelle
jkeerie
HandsFree
Mystery Lover
Jen
AngDMC
Lady Kestrel
winfrey
GreyFuss
Gelert
hatshepsut
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 1:08 am

Thanks. I own a boxed copy, but it just the normal version of the game. I ordered a digital copy of the Director's Cut from amazon but have not tried downloading/installing it yet. Hope to get to it soon, so I will find out soon enough how well it plays with Win7.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 6:02 am

I haven't been able to find my copy of scratches yet. Really irritating, it's one of the few adventure games that I replay from time to time.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 10:29 pm

I'm re-playing a freeware game called Donald Dowell. What a well-written game! With my bad memory, it is like playing a new game. If you haven't played it, I suggest giving it a try.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 4:00 am

I had Donald Dowell downloaded but then my computer went haywire and I haven't been able to find the place where I downloaded it. I thought it looked like a really good game. Enjoy mbday360

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 2:13 am

hatshepsut - you can find the game at the AGS game database

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1624/

I have not played it yet, but it does seem good. A lot of very solid AGS games to play.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 11:20 pm

Thanks lakerz. I really liked the look of the game. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 12:45 am

I have been playing Deponia doomsday. for some reason I don't enjoy it as much as the other games. there is time travel where you have to do the exact same things over and I find that boring and the story is lacking. also, there is a part where you have to trace an elephant and the characters sure don't move like I was hoping. I guess I am saying that I think this is the weakest Deponia game of them all.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 1:24 am

That's a bummer about Deponia Doomsday. That is a series I have not started at all myself.
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 1:34 am

oh Lakerz, you should try them. I really enjoyed the first few games. It is just this last one that is being pretty taxing on me. hopefully it will get better; but, with replaying all the things I did before for this time travel thing, it is looking like I won't. but, hopefully I will eat my words and wind up loving this game! Here's hoping!
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 1:37 am

Decided to do a replay of the Darkness Within games , in addition to Witcher 3 . After the Darkness Within games , I may just re-join a conversation with Mr Holmes about a couple of his past exploits .
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 1:34 am

I'm also replaying a game that I found at BFG yesterday, not a casual game, but an old Adventure Game that I played back in January 2009. It's Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual. I've almost forgotten how good those old AG games were. I'm having a great time playing, and remembering!
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 12:17 am

Hmm. The Scorpio Ritual, the only game that I ever took the time to write a review.
Link
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 9:32 pm

I went to the link and read the review, Camaro. Very interesting, except that I am not finding the game to be as easy as you did. I've had to use a walkthrough several times and in fact, I am ssstuck right now! (Spoiler warning: Sylvie has just climbed up to a window after moving crates (Shades of Broken Sword!) and I found some inventory stuff, but haven't a clue what to do here.
BTW, There was a sequel - Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life. I won't play that again. The tree puzzle drove me so crazy when I couldn't line up the circles correctly that I got angry and just moved my mouse over it any which way as fast as I could. Suddenly, something just clicked and the puzzle fell into place all on its own. I have no idea why that happened. Actually, I would have been less surprised if I had wrecked the computer, considering how angry I was!
I played the first Art of Murder: FBI Confidential back in July, 2008 and according to my notes it was a "terrific game" so I must have liked it a lot, but can't really remember it.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 2:22 am

Heh, those Chronicle games and FBI Confidential ones are also series that I missed. Just too many things to try to play through...

I'm always weary of buying any pure (older) adventure game from BigFish, as I've read that some of them have gameplay scenes removed or other modifications from the original. I guess BigFish is selling the tablet ported ones or something? I know that was the case I think for the Dracula series and maybe Syberia?

Right now I'm in a lull for a proper adventure game. I've been trying to finish up some of the HOG or adventure lite games I have downloaded to my hard drive in addition to numerous AGS freeware games I keep meaning to get to.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 5:11 pm

I couldn't finish The Scorpio Ritual because, even with the help of a walkthrough, I couldn't get past the fireplace puzzle. Don't know if it was me or a glitch in the game.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 9:22 pm

Right now I'm playing Spycraft: The Great Game, an oldie with FMV cut scenes. The acting is over the top, but I'm enjoying the discovery aspects of it, and so far, the puzzles are decent.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 7:13 am

Spycraft - that is an oldy that never gets talked about much, but also one where most players give it a thumbs up of some kind. An interesting choice Lady Kestrel!

Work has me all tied up once again sad to say. No game playing at all the past month+
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 2:39 pm

I have been replaying the Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the schnibble. I forgot what a hard game it is! I have gone back to saved games a few times already and I think I am going to have to do it again. It is a fun game though. I am not even sure if I finished it many years ago, so I am going to plow through and finish it one way or another.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 8:36 pm

Speaking of freeware games, lakerz, I played one about ten years ago that was really a great game: Flight of the Amazon Queen from Free Games Galore at GB. I thought at the t ime I was playing it that it was good enough to be a commercial game. Sometime after finishing the game I discovered that it originally had been a commercial game but after some years passed, it was out as a freeware game. Which I think was truly very nice of the games devs!
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 8:55 pm

I have replayed that this month too (Flight of the Amazon Queen) and it is a lot of fun. In fact, I was thinking of playing Teenagent again as I saw it was free on Steam and it has been years since I played that. I enjoy playing these old games.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 1:16 am

mbday630 - wow, Woodruff & Schnibble, another oldy that doesn't get talked about too much except for how hard and unforgiving it is and has a lot of dead ends in it as well I believe. I don't think I ever got very far into that one.

Amazon Queen is a fun game. I played it before it became freeware. In fact, that game was one of the reasons why I picked up one of those Dell Optiplexs classic PC in order to install true DOS 6.2 on it and get a ton of free memory built up in order to play Amazon Queen. That game was a config.sys nightmare, heh. Also came in handy for tough install games like Synnergist as well.

Teen Agent was fun, that was a game I played as free ware I remember.

I need to get back into trying to play some of the older games I never got around to. Plenty of them, that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 1:50 am

yep, I have had to go back to several old saves to get past certain part. I don't know if it was a dead end or not but when I finally looked at a walkthrough it said to do certain things and I didn't have enough money. I hate to use walkthroughs and only if I am really stuck do I resort to one. this is a fun game but I wished they would have made a map to get from one part to another faster or he would walk faster. and talk faster. I like maps for getting around fast. but, it is a fun game.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 5:01 pm

Hmm, 3 games have been mentioned, mbday630, but I don't know which one of them is giving you a hard time. I'm guessing it is the Woodruff & Schnibble game?
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 5:29 pm

yes, it is woodruff and the schnibble that is giving me a hard time. I don't remember anything about it from before (like 15 years?) but, I did go back to a saved game and got more money so that I could take the virtual trip so hopefully now I can proceed. this is a hard game, but, lots of fun.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 6:11 pm

Ya know, I've heard about Woodruff & Schnibble for years and also the grumbles about how hard it is, but nothing and nobody ever says who or what the story is about. So, mbday630, what in the world is the "virtual trip"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Game Are You Playing Now
Page 32 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next