Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Movie screenshots

Go down 
+4
jkeerie
Mystery Lover
Gelert
SuperEdy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Movie screenshots - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:10 pm

On the whole you could classify me as an 'old-times' movie fan. I'm generally not 'into' action flicks! I like to think I'm quite picky about which movies I choose to admire, and I usually wait as much as a couple of YEARS before I watch a film hyped as a 'hit', or anticipated 'hit', so that I can form my own opinion, uninfuenced by colleagues in the workplace, previews, newspapers, etc.. I've experienced far too many disappointments. This approach has its drawbacks ........... and delayed bonuses. Sometimes, people are astonished I've never watched such and such a movie. The fact is, when the 'hype' died down I probably forgot about it, only to 'rediscover' a gem many years later. Already, there have been a couple mentioned here that I'd forgotten about, and I'm yet to see. One example, though not a blazing hit at the time, was A Simple Plan, starring Bill Paxton, Bridget Fonda and Billy Bob Thornton. I only remembered that I hadn't seen that movie three years ago. A nice 'late' surprise.

There ARE exceptions to my intentional delayed watching of new releases, however. Some of which are movies, or actors/actresses I 'stumble upon' by accident. I especially appreciate ones that have innovative storylines. This was one such movie. One that I really enjoyed. I hope this debut director's follow-up can emulate the standards set by his first offering.

Here are two shots from the film in question. Any ideas? I'm sure someone will have seen it.

Movie screenshots - Page 5 88d1ae70 Movie screenshots - Page 5 C394bb14
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
SuperEdy
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:26 pm

Moon, I haven't seen it yet but it won the Sitges fantastic film festival (my favourite festival Very Happy). Did you know that its director is David Bowie's son, Zowie Bowie (under a pseudonym)?
I think that movie reviews by professional people can help you discover gems you wouldn't know otherwise, it happened to me with Oldboy for example, you just need to listen to trusted sources
By the way I loved A Simple Plan by Sam Raimi too Wink
Back to top Go down
http://superedy.awardspace.com/
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:39 pm

Yes. Moon it is. His pseudonym is Duncan Jones and, from what I've read recently, the follow-up to the movie (there is one), is hitting some snags. I really liked this film though. Clever. Kevin Spacey is in it, but never appears. He's the computer. Great voice acting as always from Spacey.

Do you know, I stay so much away from 'popular' reviews, award ceremonies, etc., that I'd never heard of Kevin Spacey when, one Friday evening, completely out of character for me, I decided to take out a movie from the rental store for the weekend. When I got to the store, my eye was drawn by TWO movies. The movies I chose, I'd never heard of and, as I said, I'd never heard of Kevin Spacey, so hadn't noticed the common denominator present in both enticing-looking movies. That of Mr Spacey's name. The two movies ......................... have you guessed? ......................... Seven and The Usual Suspects! It remains in my memory as one of the best weekends of film watching I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing. I'd never heard of the films beforehand, and the unexpectedly mesmerising experience of 'discovering' two excellent movies and a 'new', excellent actor, was wonderful.

I've had similar unexpected film revealtions, but never two at one sitting. Smile

BTW, I'd never heard of the Sitges fantastic film festival until you said. I'll check it out. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:09 pm

Seven and the Usual Suspects are two of my favorite movies also. Excellent movies. I have been a fan of the talented Kevin Spacey for a long time.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
SuperEdy
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:19 pm

Actually Kevin Spacey was quite unknown before The Usual Suspects and he is uncredited in Se7en (he thought people would have guessed he plays the serial killer and that would have partially spoiled the movie), so he was a surprise even in the theaters Very Happy

The other side of Twilight Wink:
Movie screenshots - Page 5 8b192dea
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:24 pm

" . . . . he thought people would have guessed he plays the serial killer and that would have partially spoiled the movie . . "

Wow! If that's true, that's inspired.
Back to top Go down
SuperEdy
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:38 pm

SuperEdy wrote:
The other side of Twilight Wink:
Movie screenshots - Page 5 8b192dea
It's in the Top250
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:05 pm

I may be wrong, but it doesn't look like my type of film. Yuck!
Back to top Go down
SuperEdy
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:11 pm

Looks can be deceiving, it's a very insightful view on friendship, a vampire story with a soul
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:16 pm

A vampire story with a soul ? That sounds very interesting.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Blood Lust of the Evil Eye-ball Haemorrhage Inducing Mummy Impersonators : The Sequel - Rekindled Friendships From the Heart

............. starring June Allison miscast as a home-loving mummy 'gone wrong'. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:53 pm

Gelert, June Allyson in such a role sounds almost as shocking as Betty White in the first Lake Placid Shocked Laughing

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:51 pm

Exactly why I chose June Allyson! lol!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:13 pm

Movie screenshots - Page 5 1

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:58 am

As usual never heard of it, but that imdb search really works: horror+drama+vampire = Let the Right One In.
Back to top Go down
SuperEdy
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:55 pm

Correct HandsFree Smile
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:16 pm

Movie screenshots - Page 5 Guess5
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:23 am

Would that be from the film "Inside Man", Handsfree?
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:59 pm

Yes. Smile
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:28 pm

I recognized the film when I saw the image but it took me a while to recall the title. It helped to remember the cast members so I could look it up in a Bio. Smile Here's the next one:

Movie screenshots - Page 5 Cellul11
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:26 pm

jkeerie wrote:
Would that be from the film "Inside Man", Handsfree?

Another film I really enjoyed. Smile

No idea, yet, of this next one though. study
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:23 pm

Is a hint needed?
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:27 am

Here's another image. If you get this one, you can also solve the latest movie quote!

Movie screenshots - Page 5 Macy_i10
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 9:51 am

That last screen was from cellular, but I don't think this one is.
edit: now I see it is too. Didn't remember that part.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:16 pm

You are correct Handsfree. The movie is Cellular...an excellent thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Very Happy

Did you check out the movie quote thread????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie screenshots   Movie screenshots - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie screenshots
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next