Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Casual Games Do You Play

Go down 
+7
Unicorn
AngDMC
mindysue
Lady Kestrel
Mystery Lover
Gelert
hatshepsut
11 posters

What Casual Games do You Play
Adventure Light
What Casual Games Do You Play I_vote_lcap28%What Casual Games Do You Play I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 9 ]
Hidden Object
What Casual Games Do You Play I_vote_lcap38%What Casual Games Do You Play I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 12 ]
Match
What Casual Games Do You Play I_vote_lcap13%What Casual Games Do You Play I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Puzzle
What Casual Games Do You Play I_vote_lcap16%What Casual Games Do You Play I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 5 ]
Time Management
What Casual Games Do You Play I_vote_lcap0%What Casual Games Do You Play I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
What Casual Games Do You Play I_vote_lcap5%What Casual Games Do You Play I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

What Casual Games Do You Play Empty
PostSubject: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:14 pm

A poll of casual games to see what casual games you are more interested in and play. You can vote for all the types you play and like. If you vote other please post what other types you like. Post what kind of games you would like information on. Or just talk about the games in general.
Thanks

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:18 pm

None. But I have bought Drawn: The Painted Tower recently. Still unwrapped. What type of casual game does that count as?
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi Gelert I think That Drawn the Painted Tower is what they are calling Adventure Light. Smile

Let me know what you think about it after you play it. I just downloaded a demo of it and I'm going to try it later.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:54 pm

LOL!! I call those "Hidden Adeventure" because it's like an adventure game, yet you do need to find objects.
Wow Gelert!!!! ( giggling here ) getting darker.... darker.... The dark side and now casual games... LOL!!! Unwrap that game and play!!
I LOVE "adeventure Light" and IHOG's are my favorite casual games.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:11 pm

Mystery Lover wrote:
. . . . Wow Gelert!!!! ( giggling here ) getting darker.... darker.... The dark side and now casual games... LOL!!! Unwrap that game and play!! . . . .

AFTER ........................... Oblivion!
AFTER ........................... LOTS AND LOTS AND .........................................LOTS of Adventure games!

So ............................... at the rate I play ....................................... next life! (Oops! ................ another game ........... After Next Life as well!! Laughing ).
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:38 pm

What Casual Games Do You Play 1

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:30 pm

LOL!!! Gelert my friend, admit it. You've crossed over!! It's so dark on that side... I can't even see you!! What a Face LOL!!! Laughing
It's okay!! We all still love you!!! ❤
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:10 pm

I hear voices ....... distant voices ......... from somewhere back near the entrance of the tunnel ....... they seek me through the darkness ........... seem to call my name ................................... but no longer with any clarity or definition ...... no longer in my own tongue ......... until .... finally .......... a fragment of whisper ....... like a tremulous flame touched by a droplet of dew ............................... the whisper is extinguished ...............Wha .. ? ...... I'm losing consciousness, drifting ..... drifting ................ drifting slowly downward toward the swirling abyss that is surely my impending DOOM! ......... somehow, I can't resist .... or .... perhaps .... no, it can't be ..... I don't WANT TO resist ...... MY DOOM ....... MY DOOM ! ............ I say ! ........... Can't you hear me? .............. ANYONE? ........................ HELP ME! ..................... PLEA... HEL.. M . .. .. . . !!!!

MY DOOOOOOOOOOM!

What Casual Games Do You Play 3

I'm LOST .................... FOREVER .................... but ........ no ............... wait .......
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:17 pm

lol! watch out for those Cheesy Wotsits lol!

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:30 am

You are TOOOO funny!!!! LOL!!!!!! What's a cheesy Wotsit? Oh, is that like a cheese doodle??
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:06 am

I'm very fond of adventure light games, such as Dream Chronicles and Azada, and I like my hidden object games to have a story and good puzzles, such as the Mystery Case Files series. I'm also a long-time player of Zuma and am currently working my way thorough it for about the 10th time. I also play the Luxor games in their varying incarnations and Bejeweled and Alchemy. I like word and puzzle games, but the only time management game I've played is Sally's Salon, and I didn't particularly care for the rushing around aspect of it.

Gelert,
I found Drawn to be lots of fun. I'm going to replay it soon with my sister. She likes these kinds of games but has difficulty reading many of the clues and doing some of the logic puzzles.
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:50 pm

I loved Drawn!! I played that twice already! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:56 pm

I clicked on Other and the type of game I'm thinking of was one that was a Match-3 game with a light adventure to it. I've never seen another game like it though. It was Cindy's Travels: Flooded Kingdom and a fun game. The only Match-3 I ever finished. Don't like them much.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:25 pm

I don't know why I haven't seen these before but ran across The Magic Encyclopedia games. Kind of like the Mortimer Beckett games where you have to find pieces and solve puzzles. I am getting hooked on these more and more. Hey that's what I need..more game genres to catch my interest.What Casual Games Do You Play A114 What I really need is more hours in a day What Casual Games Do You Play A046
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Ang wrote: What I really need is more hours in the day.

You got that right Ang. That's exactly what I need too, more hours in the day. Laughing

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Gelert wrote:
None. But I have bought Drawn: The Painted Tower recently. Still unwrapped. What type of casual game does that count as?
MMm-hmmm.. that's how it starts... One Casual game is all it takes. Enter into the shadowy world of the dark side!!! And it's even called "Drawn" - Interesting!!! LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Unicorn
Wanderer's Apprentice
Unicorn

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 4:44 pm

My favorite casual games are:
Dream Chronicles
Azada
Midnight Mysteries
Jewel Quest I-III
Mystery Case Files
Fishdom

Now I am waiting that MCF: Dire Grove will be released on CD. I donĀ“t like to download from BigFish, prefer boxed games sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi Unicorn andWhat Casual Games Do You Play 17 Are you able to get games from Interact ? If you are then they have MF Dire Grove now. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:20 am

I also like the adventure-lite games as well as plenty of hidden object games. Not so much a fan of the time management or settlers type games.
Back to top Go down
raylinstephens
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: am I too late??   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 11:10 pm

I really like the IHOGs and/or Adventure Lite HOGS.

Just like adventure games - not all are created equal.

Some stand out in the 'crowd' - like Return to Ravenhearst, Dire Grove, Phantom of the Opera, and both Puppet Show games, just to name a few.
Back to top Go down
colpet
Wanderer's Apprentice
colpet

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 3:38 pm

I've been playing more and more casual games these past 2 years because of the dearth of adventure games that I like. I have always played adventures for the exploration and the puzzles/challenge. Casuals fulfill some of my puzzle craving, but they are by and large very easy and miss the comlex layerment of a good adventure puzzle. Exploration is getting better, the Fall trilogy actually had 360 rotational movement.
Back to top Go down
haroldw
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 2:23 am

Hello all, I guess hidden object games would be the Casual games I play most. Adventure-light is a new
phrase for me. I looked at the walk-thru for Drawn the Painted Tower. Thanks
Gelert , Hatshepsut and MysteryLover- I like learning new things. The walkthru had 50,000 views
- WOW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Casual Games Do You Play   What Casual Games Do You Play Empty

Back to top Go down

What Casual Games Do You Play
Page 1 of 1