Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge

Go down 
+10
Gonchi
Jen
StarLite Moon
HandsFree
lakerz
GreyFuss
hatshepsut
AngDMC
Lady Kestrel
Gelert
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySat May 08, 2010 1:53 am

Okay. I had this idea - probably because I've had one real ale too many tonight. :o) Also, because I once read something similar elsewhere, and long ago. Wink The challenge is to name an Adventure game you own, but that nobody else who reads this thread either has or has played. If you come up with something nobody else here has played, or even heard of, that'd be great.

The game must be one you own as a legitimate purchased, or given, copy, and not an iso- or similarly dubiously resourced gem. Unfinished games, or demos from unfinished games, are allowed if you promise to be truthful and say that you have the game as a result of a donation from a developer, or similar.

There's no way to check that you're saying the truth, so this will be done on trust. Please be honest when you say you have an incontroversially proper version of the game, otherwise, there's no point in this bit of fun.

Please restrict this to PC and Mac games, as this is by far the most common-to-all medium that we own. For instance, Vic-20's ......... hmm! No. Okay, and playstation games, but that's it, and they must be Adventures. Even children's Adventures are allowed, if they're obscure and 'interesting'.

Pictures are allowed, but not compulsory.

Provide links, where possible, to more information/pics relevant to the game.

Language is NOT a barrier. Non-English 'gems' are allowed if, in your opinion, they're worth a mention. Also, weird and wonderful unusual versions of more commonly known games are welcome.

They don't have to be rare, or valuable, or even good! Just obscure.

I'll get things rolling with two:

The 'Horizon' game which I told you about recently, and which, it turns out, may only be a demo.
and . . . another I found recently, called 'Devil's Canyon'
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:12 am

Unless you've heard me mention it before, most of you probably haven't heard of Derrat Sorcerum. It's a Mac-only game produced by Hopkins Technology & Mixed Metaphor in 1996. It was the first 3rd person game I ever played, and it's a neat little adventure. I'll scan in the jewel case for you now and post it here.

Here it is:
Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge DS1
Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge DS2
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySat May 08, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi Lady Kestrel,

No. I've never heard of it, so thankyou for the heads up. It's a nice Adventure you say? This makes me even more interested in getting hold of an old Mac. The Castle is one I've always wanted to play. I'll have a look on Google to see if there's any more info. on Derrat Sorcerum. Smile
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySat May 08, 2010 7:35 pm

I have not heard of any of the games from Gelert or Lady K. I have Verschollen auf Lost Island.. Anyone else know of this game?

Lost Island
Verschollen auf Lost Island -- German title
Published by:Bohemia Interactive s.r.o.
Developed by:Mayhem Studios s.r.o., Riki Computer Games
Released:Sep 01, 2000
Platform:Windows
Genre:Adventure
Perspective:3rd-Person Perspective

Lost Island is a German 3rd POV point-and-click adventure game with English dialogues and subtitles.

Tim and Diana, walking home at night, meet a couple of men dressed like 17th century pirates who are loading something on a cart. Disturbed by the couple, a man with a wooden leg shoots Diana with a laser gun and she vanishes. In the fight Tim is also shot and disappears as well, and materializes naked in a deep crater, somewhere in a different time period. Before you are on your way to find Diana and return to your own time and place, you have to find some clothing and find a way to get out of the pit.

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge CIMG1255-400x300Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge CIMG1256-400x300
Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge CIMG1257-400x300
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:19 pm

I might have 3 -

Sophie's World - received from a trade;
Liath - on its way as a pending purchase;
and Mayabin (a demo) - d/l from internet

do these count?

Last edited by K515 on Sat May 08, 2010 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:23 pm

I have Sophies World and Liath. Glad you found Liath for your very own. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi!

I have Verschollen, Liath and Sophie's World, but I didn't know that Mayabin had been released. Or did I? I'll have to check my own website to see what I said, if anything, there. scratch
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:34 pm

I've heard of yours, Ang, although I don't think it's easy to obtain.

Gelert,
Both The Castle and Derrat Sorcerum run in OS 9. If you can find a G4 iMac with classic, you should be okay. DS is no longer available on the Hopkins website, but you may be able to get it used.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:37 pm

Well then...I guess I will have to dig a bit deeper.Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:38 pm

No, Mayabin was never released. I was looking to buy the full game a few months back, and someone on GB told me it was never completed. So all we have is just the demo.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySun May 09, 2010 3:43 am

I have Liath, Verschollen and The Castle too. I didn't know Gelerts games.

I have a big box of Eastern Mind: The Lost Soul of Tong Nou. Eastern Mind
Has anyone heard of it or have it ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySun May 09, 2010 4:05 am

Well......I have Rumpelstiltskin's Labyrinth of the Lost not in its box but in JC. I loaned my camera out so all I can give you is a link. Rumpelstiltskin Anyone else have it?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySun May 09, 2010 4:29 am

I don't have it and I don't think I've heard of it before now.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:08 am

Eastern Mind is a pretty rare game, Hats, but I have heard of it. The screenshots I've seen are very intriguing. Rumpelstiltskin is a new one for me, GreyFuss.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:19 am

I guess I'm going to have to dig deeper in my pile of games also.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:38 am

Hello to all

I have Rumpelstilskin also. Not sure if this game came in a box as my copy is in JC as well.

I'll have to think of some of my more obscure games I own here:

A.D. 2044
Animal
Armaeth: The Lost Kingdom
Detritus
Erevos
Zero Zone

Those are the only obscure adventure games I can think of at the moment
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:16 pm

Well, I have Rumperstiltkin's Labyrinth of the Lost (it does pop up on eBay now and then), and I have Eatern Mind.
Out of Lakerz' games I have A.D. 2044, Animal, Armaeth: The Lost Kingdom and Zero Zone.

A few other other odd-balls I have somewhere include:

Louis Cat Orze: The Search for the Queen's Necklace (no box unfortunately).
Stay Tooned! (again, no box, but it does have 3D glasses). - More of a fun cartoony game really.
Agapito's Crazy Adventure (Otherwise known as Island Adventure - I think it's available as freeware too).
Bad Milk
Area D (Danger Island)
Isabelle
Time Paradox
Kiyeko and the Lost Night
Funny Pizza Land
Plague: Maze Of The Mind
Torcher: Arsonist of Evil
Tale Of A Hero
Trick Or Treat
Terratopia
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:23 pm

Gelert that's a nice list of obscure games that you have Smile some of them rare and hard to find I think. Is your Tale of a Hero the one that was only released in Russia and Germany scratch ?

I have Isis in a big box. Have you heard of it or have it ? Isis

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySun May 09, 2010 8:00 pm

No. I don't have Isis. That's pretty hard to find in a box, so you've got a good one there hats. Smile

I know that Tale of a Hero was released in Italy and France. The one I have has English subtitles/text.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySun May 09, 2010 8:29 pm

OK Gelert

You win. You are the most obscure guy at AP. Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge 12235
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySun May 09, 2010 8:35 pm

That's the nices thing anyone's ever said to me GreyFuss. How sweet. Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge 539266
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:10 pm

Gelert wrote:
That's the nices thing anyone's ever said to me GreyFuss. How sweet. Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge 539266
Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge 428568 People must not talk to you too much! Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge 330941

Don't know how obscure this one may be but its new/shrinkwrapped in its original big box.

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge IMGP3650
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:17 pm

Very nice indeedy. Laughing
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySun May 09, 2010 11:09 pm

How come you all have Ad 2044? I've been looking for that one forever!
Does anyone have Backpacker too?

I don't have any games that remotely qualify (probably also because I don't allow myself to spend much on one game).
The closest I get is:
Arrival
Chewy Esc form F5
Gene Machine
Ghosts
Reah
Rent a hero
Secret mission
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge EmptySun May 09, 2010 11:15 pm

Yes. I have A.D. 2044 too. At first I had a jewel cased one, but I found a boxed one on an Australian site not long after.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next