Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge

Go down 
+10
Gonchi
Jen
StarLite Moon
HandsFree
lakerz
GreyFuss
hatshepsut
AngDMC
Lady Kestrel
Gelert
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 2:55 am

hatshepsut wrote:
K515 the cost of a game is not what makes the game obscure.

That's what I was thinking, Hat, that the cost means the game is obscure - but if IHNMAIMS is not obscure, why in all creation would these prices I found that I linked you to be so awfully high?
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:07 am

K5 please Cypm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:14 am

AngDMC wrote:
K5 please Cypm

That's strange - my PM inbox is at 66 % full, yet I don't see any new PM's from this eve - what happened to it?

EDIT - Oh, I found it.

Ang, CYPM please.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:19 am

I think the original idea behind this topic was to name Adventure games that few people had heard of. Not necessarily expensive, or hard-to-find ones. Derrat Sorcerum was a good example, and Fate of the Starlords is another. Both are on eBay, but few may have heard of them. Derrat Sorcerum was new to me.

They may be rare as well, but obscurity is more relevant really. The odder the better. Smile Even downright boring counts. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Ugur
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:20 pm

I'll thrown in a few oddities from my collection. None of these are uber-obscure, but you don't see them mentioned very often (and it keeps the thread going):
Daedalus Encounter
Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller
Santa Fe Mysteries (I only have Sacred Ground, there's another one)
Time Warrior: The Armageddon Device
Urban Runner

Finally, a couple of Turkish adventure games. I'd be tickled if anyone has heard of these:
Dedektif Firtina (Detective Storm)
Gercegin Otesinde (Beyond Reality)
Back to top Go down
http://www.adventurelantern.com
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:57 pm

'Time Warrior: The Armageddon Device' - That's a good one Ugur. I'm waiting on a copy at the moment. Been hard tracking one down.

I wonder, do the Turkish ones exist in English?
Back to top Go down
Ugur
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Sadly I am not aware of English translations. I imagine finding Turkish copies would be enough of a challenge these days.

But thanks to Youtube, I can at least show you the intro videos so you can see what they were like:

Dedektif Firtina:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63VQyuekcmU
I couldn't get audio to work on this one.

Gercegin Otesinde:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYvhXJ4xkGA
Somewhat unfortunately, the audio does work on this one Smile
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Hi Ugur..Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 5
There is another.. Santa Fe Mysteries: The Elk Moon Murder
Back to top Go down
Ugur
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:01 pm

AngDMC wrote:
Hi Ugur..Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 5
There is another.. Santa Fe Mysteries: The Elk Moon Murder

Ah yes. Thanks AngDMC. The Elk Moon Murder was released first, wasn't it?

Will have to track down a copy at some point.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:29 pm

Hi Ugur. Thanks for the links. Both games look to be well worth playing (if only there had been English language versions for illiterate old me!). lol!

I recently read an article on the Turkish digital games industry entitled 'FROM FAIRY TALES TO NIGHTMARES
A HISTORY OF TURKISH DIGITAL GAME DEVELOPMENT 1989 - 2006'. It was interesting, and surprising, to see that so few games had been produced prior to 2000. One thing I noted of significance, though, was that no mention was made of the excellent interactive adveture 'game' Piri: The Explorer Ship. If my memory serves me correctly, it was made by Sebit, and it was of a pretty high standard. What's more, I enjoyed it immensely and it started me off on a web-wide trawl for information on the fascinating Piri Reis. I've often wondered if a T.V. documentary exists biographing his life. I bet it would be fascinating. study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:49 am

Post deleted

Last edited by K515 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 1:04 am

K,
You really need to resize that picture. It's way too big. I have a wide screen and have to scroll to see it all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 1:34 am

Can anyone please tell me how to resize the photos I have on this site?
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 2:09 am

K..go HERE

Try to go maybe 500x400
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 2:32 am

Thanks all - I just went into ImageShack, uploaded it again and used ImageShack's resizer to resize it - it's now resized to 640 x 480.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 2:36 am

Yes K515 please start resizing your pictures to a normal size. These huge pictures off set the posts and make them difficult to read and to see the picture. It is time consuming resizing all your pictures. And you have already posted this picture on another thread. You need to check your settings on Photobucket and resize the images down to around 500 x 400 like Ang suggested.

As for I have No Mouth and I Must Scream, I don't think it is odd, it is an old classic horror game that is a bit disturbing.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 2:38 am

Much better.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 4:07 am

That's much better, K.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 7:00 am

One other game that I didn't mention in my prior list that I think is fairly obscure is Journey To The Wild Divine plus the expansion pack Wisdom Quest. Even though the developer is still selling the game from their website, I don't hear much talk about it. Having just spent a week playing through it all, I can say that it really was a unique experience. I don't think it's worth paying the full asking price, but for a reduced price I think it is a decent buy.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 7:08 pm

Are you more mellow now, Lakerz?
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 8:59 am

Heh, well honestly I'd have to say no. Work has been totally stressing me out the past few months, so spending a week with Wild Divine only made a small dent in my mental stability. No But I had fun playing through it and Wisdom Quest all the same.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 9:02 am

Excuse me asking, LakerZ, but did you take the plunge and buy it (for mega bucks)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:12 pm

lakerz wrote:
One other game that I didn't mention in my prior list that I think is fairly obscure is Journey To The Wild Divine plus the expansion pack Wisdom Quest. Even though the developer is still selling the game from their website, I don't hear much talk about it. Having just spent a week playing through it all, I can say that it really was a unique experience. I don't think it's worth paying the full asking price, but for a reduced price I think it is a decent buy.

Questions -
1) is Wild Divine and Wisdom Quest pure point & click AG's?
2) Am considering buying this game this coming Sept/Oct. - will the dev be still selling them at his website then?
3) How much do these 2 games cost? Is there any way for me to get both of them cheaper?
4) Are there any complete w/t's for both of these games?
5) Are they PC games? Must know this b/c I don't play mac or any other kinds of games, as my mac is strictly for my work. My PC's are strictly for gaming.
6) About the graphics of both these games - are they cartoony? What kind of graphics do they have? Have to know b/c I stay away from buying/playing cartoony games. Graphics must be photorealistic before I'll even think of buying a game, not even watercolor painting graphics (like the Carol Reed games) will qualify in my gaming library.

If both of these games meet all of the above qualifications, then and only then will I buy them.

EDIT - just checked this game on Amazon - it says it's a Biofeedback kind of game where you put sensors on your fingers rather than use a mouse to play - I'll pass on these, please - these games aren't my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:22 am

Wild Divine is controlled mainly through a mouse to navigate around and interact with the environment. The biofeedback is strictly used with a lot of the "puzzles" the game presents in order to advance the plot.

Gelert, yes I did buy Wild Divine + Wisdom Quest as well as two third party software games that incorporate the biofeedback device. I purchased them all several years back for full price, so yeah it was quite costly! In fact, I spent less money buying an unopened boxed copy of 'Alice Interactive' back in the day which is kinda funny to admit. Having played through it all, I plan on selling the Wild Divine package to recoup some of my money. I'm planning on posting the details in the game trading center forum.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Although I have always wanted to try Wild Divine I never wanted to cough up that much dough and maybe find out it was not for me. I must say though that that is a fantastic price you are asking for the complete set plus lakerz. Anyone buying it would have no problem getting their money back in a resale. Go HERE for Lakerz fantastic Sale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next