Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge

Go down 
+10
Gonchi
Jen
StarLite Moon
HandsFree
lakerz
GreyFuss
hatshepsut
AngDMC
Lady Kestrel
Gelert
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:10 am

That has to win Ang ................. Hands down! ...........

.......... I've been searching for that game for absolutely ages and ages. study

Wow! cheers

I'm dead jealous!!! No

I've even spoken with Bill Fisher about it on several occasions, pleading with him (almost), to let me buy from him his only copy of the game. But, no shakes! Wow! Wow! and TREBLE WOW! affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:37 am

Wow, an actual boxed copy of 'The Romantic Blue'! I would have included this game on my list ... except I've never owned it so had to leave it off. Sad

If you ever feel in the mood to sell it to me, please let me know! Ow ow ow ow ow .... stop smacking me Gelert!

How did you acquire this game? Did you play through it? I'd love to read a review of it and see a lot more screenshots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:17 am

Oh, Ang gets all the good, rare, and obscure games. Let's ask her how she gets them!

@Ang, do you get games to do screenshot captures and use these captures in your stories (if you do write stories for a living, that is)?
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:12 am

I found it on EBay a few years back. If I remember correctly, it came in a lot of 5 games. Very Happy Lol..Lakerz..I don't think I will be departing with it any time soon and Gelert...you know I would give you one if I had an extra. Smile Wink
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:53 am

AngDMC wrote:
. . . and Gelert...you know I would give you one if I had an extra. Smile Wink

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 794345 Thanks Ang.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:23 am

People, you never said if Larson's Folly counts as obscure - does it?
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:49 pm

I don't think Larson's Folly is particularly rare, and I've heard is just an okay game.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:25 pm

Larson's Folly not really obscure or rare.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:57 pm

Thanks, Hat. But is Celtica obscure?

Just checked all these 'net places for listing for Celtica:

Half.com - no listing;
Amazon. com - 3 used starting at $90, 3 new starting at $150;
ebay - 1 Buy It Now for $100.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:10 am

I wouldn't say Celtica is obscure so much, just a bit rare in English boxed form.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:15 am

As lakerz says Celtica isn't obscure but it is rare in the box.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:22 am

Celtica has been on my search list for quite some time. I will find it at a reasonable price some day. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:35 pm

Celtica in the box has been on my seek list for awhile also Ang. Smile

hatshepsut

Last edited by hatshepsut on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:53 am

Here's the version I got on ebay back this past Oct. From a gal in the Netherlands - was the only copy around for miles, miles, miles of cyberspace that someone on VOGONS found for me -

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 Celtica
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:03 am

K515 wrote:
Here's the version I got on ebay back this past Oct. From a gal in the Netherlands - was the only copy around for miles, miles, miles of cyberspace that someone on VOGONS found for me -

Here's the English version on sale on eBay now, from someone in Italy: Celtica
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:08 am

Thats the version I missed out on a couple of years ago. I think it's such a pretty box. Thanks Gelert Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:41 am

Jeez...24 Euro for shipping alone?!? I realize that the Euro has come down somewhat versus the $us but that is still high.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:39 pm

I saw that ebay page, guys - yes, Celtica English version - but its selling for 99 euros/82.25 pounds, and its listed as "rare". How much is that in American money?

I paid about $18 dollars (IIRC) + 8.50 S & H for my Netherlands version of Celtica back this past Oct. of '09 = a total of $25.50, and it shipped from the Netherlands. The language in the manual/gameplay is non-English, believe it's in Dutch, but the game plays wonderfully in a Win 98SE VM, and I have no difficulty in playing the game as I just go thru the motions of gameplay and I pretend to read the in-game books, scrolls, signs by going "close-up", "flipping thru pages". I'm using a couple of w/t's from GB to guide me in my gameplay of Celtica, and the in-game scenery, puzzles, etc. are the same for both the English version and my Dutch version. Again, all I'm after in my Dutch version of Celtica is the gameplay and the obtaining of the screenshots depicting my gameplay experience, so I don't care what version of the game it is, just so I got the game in the first place.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:54 am

the euro is trading for roughly 1.24 USD right now, so 99 euro plus 24 euro for shipping is about $152.52USD
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:00 am

Thank you lakerz Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Does I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream count as obscure?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:53 am

I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream isn't really what you could call obscure.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:36 am

I don't think so either..you can still purchase it new.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:50 am

AngDMC wrote:
.you can still purchase it new.

I know - but look how much it costs (link)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0008EM0E2/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1278463582&sr=1-1&condition=new

Wonder why these sellers are pricing this game so high? Why can't they sell it for maybe $5 - $15?

And here are some used copies selling for $35 and up - they're listed as less than "like new", and that one listed as "like new" is selling for a whopping $50!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0008EM0E2/ref=sr_1_1_olp?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1278463891&sr=1-1&condition=used

EDIT - just checked for IHNMAIMS on ebay - they're selling there for $40 and up; some as much as $120! half.com - they're selling for $59 and up.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 2:29 am

K515 the cost of a game is not what makes the game obscure.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next