Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Survivor: Redemption Island

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 6:44 pm

All good questions Hats. We can only speculate. I know that in the past few seasons they have had 9 jurors and 3 finalists which would be the 12 that they would have left after next weeks show. As much as I wasn't a fan of the Redemption Isle part of this season I am even more against having it continue this late in the game. True the ones voted there won't have the chance to be up on whats going on and be part of a strong alliance but they also won't have a chance to get on somebody's hit list either. To me its just not a good piece of the game, in fact its just the opposite. The game is being compromised IMO.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:44 pm

I agree with you GF about Redemption Island. I feel like it flaws the game.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:36 pm

David got it right. That was brilliant!!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:42 pm

I agree JK and also Matt got it right too "This game respects big moves,"

They have completely ruined this redemption island business. Come on, really, how many chances are they going to give somebody before the very validity of "The Game" is ruined?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:59 pm

It was absolutely brilliant. Rob flushed out the hidden immunity, got the other alliance to show what they were up t, sent Mat back to Redemption Island, and still has his idol and nobody knows it. I wonder if anyone in the other alliance might think it's a smart move to join Rob.

And speaking of Redemption Island. Just how can it work at this point. There doesn't seem to be any way that it works at this point just because of the numbers. Are they just going to keep going with Redemption Island and not have a jury ? Or will the loser of the duel become the jury ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:50 pm

Those are good questions, Hats.

In reading Jeff Probst's blog: "If there is a silver lining for Matt, it is the fact that if he can survive Redemption Island again and make it back to the final, his odds for winning are huge. "

Does that mean that the loser's go to the jury and the winner of the final Redemption Island automatically reaches the finals????

???????? Neutral
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:58 pm

From the previews it looks like there will be 2 Tribal Councils tonight with 2 members joining Matt at Redemption Island. (a 3 way Duel???) I hope they end this now as it is getting kind of ridiculous having it so late in the game.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:26 pm

A double tribal and 3 on Redemption Island ? This is strange. I can't make any sense out of that. Maybe we will find out tonight how this is going to work. I agree GreyFuss it sounds ridiculous.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 4:59 pm

Well...yesterday ran predicatbly, with the Zapatera tribe members on the short end of the stick. So much for David's brilliance in puzzles. I think Mike will be tough at Redemption Island.

Unfortunately, this game is getting boring. Rob is really the only one playing....that even KNOWS how to play. Julie's words are ringing true. She may be the next one to go. As much as I hated Russell, Zapatera's ousting him so early turned out to be a bad move in hindsight. They don't know how to play the game or how to crack the Ometeppe Stealth R Us alliance.

Once Zapatera is gone....it will get interesting. David was wise in his statement that the Z tribe members would have a better chance on Redemption Island.

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 7:02 pm

I agree last nights episode was predictable. And a little boring. Phil was entertaining as usual.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Well this weeks episode was predictiable.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:11 pm

It sure was. Jeff would make an excellent psychologist or peace negotiator! He really calmed Phil down.

I was surprised they voted Julie out. I would have thought they'd gun for Steve. Must have been the shorts buriel that buried her! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:25 pm

I was a little surprised too. I thought they would go after Ralph. I guess it was the shorts that buried her. Jeff did very well calming Phil down. I am wondering if Rob is planning on taking Phil all the way with him. I don't think anyone would vote for Phil.

I'm still trying to figure out Redemption Island. It looks like they are going to go till they have the jury. Then what the last person there goes back to the tribe ? What an upset if it turns out to be Mat.

I didn't look to see but I guess David went to the Ponderous.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:19 pm

Yep...David is at Ponderosa...eating well and looking bored until he gets company.

I think Rob perked up when Phil said "none of them would vote for me." So it would be a good plan to take him to the finals. But....once the Zapatera members are all gone, will the tribe turn on Rob? Or will they surmise he married the winner so he already has his million....so folks might not vote for him. It should get interesting.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 9:01 pm

I've been wondering about Rob's tribe too. It would be a good plan to take Phil to finals. It should be interesting.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 7:14 pm

Well....another predictable evening. Thought that Matt was going to buy it at RI....but he came back yet again. Rob did not look pleased.

Rob was smart to think about and plan for the "twist" at tribal....then to change the plan from Andrea to Steve because of his scheming. Steve does have the girls thinking, though and next week will get interesting now that all the Zapaterra are gone and they have to go after each other.

I'm still wondering about RI. If the final survivor at RI automatically gets into the final three, then...if it's Matt, he'll get all the votes because he had no opportunity to vote anyone off and excelled against deplorable odds. If it's one of the Zapaterra, then the jury looks like 4 Ometeppe, 4 Zapaterra and Matt. The remaining Zapaterra will win as Matt will be the deciding vote and will vote against Ometeppe for casting him to RI twice.

I think that the RI wrinkle could make the final vote very predictable. No one ever votes for cleverness and "outlasting" etc....they vote emotionally.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:29 pm

I agree with you JK. Rob didn't look pleased. I think you might be right about the last one at Redemption Island being on the final three. If it's Matt everyone will vote for him. I think Rob will make it to the final three but I don't think he'll get the votes.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 3:44 pm

Well...the Zapatera tribe members figured it out at RI. If one of them makes it to the finals, they will win the Mil since they will have the majority on the jury. The only way the rest of this season will hold any interest is if neither Matt nor any of the Zapatera make it to the finals. Otherwise this season is a foregone conclusion. Neutral
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 6:12 pm

I agree JK. The rest of the season seems to be predictable and a foregone conclusion.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 7:49 pm

Well.....this "could" get interesting. Poor Rob...he was between a rock and a hardplace with Ashley winning immunity. This could come back to bite him. Rob has played a great game....but folks generally vote "revenge" so I don't see him winning any points. Heck depending on who gets back in the game, he may not even make it to the final three. If he doesn't win the Mil...I suspect he will get fan favorite. ...but he needs to hang up his "Survivor buff" once and for all after this

At what point do they need to use the hidden immunity idol? I do recall it has an "expiration" on it and can't be used past a certain point.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptySun May 15, 2011 7:25 pm

I doubt that Rob will get any votes for the million. I think he will get fan favorite.

I don't know about the idol. It probably is no good now ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:28 pm

Hooray for Boston Rob!!!! cheers He finally was the sole survivor!

I thought once Matt and Mike were out of it....this was his chance. Dave pleaded his case before the jury better than Rob did! Very Happy Seeing as how they all had a part in voting out the jury members, there wasn't a revenge vote after all and the best survivor won.

Now go away, Rob. There's nothing left for you to accomplish. Neutral
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:46 am

I actually had a love/hate relationship with this season of Survivor. I hated the Redemption Island thing but I loved and looked forward every week to see how Rob would keep playing and staying in the game. He was great and Jeff was right when he said that his game play had to be the closest to perfect of all the seasons. Granted he had all the experience on his side but also a big target on his back from the beginning. I don't normally root for any player but I found myself rooting for Rob.

The Redemption Island twist was boring and lasted too long and oh my they are bringing it back next season and according to Jeff there won't be much change in it. Everywhere I have read it seems like the majority of the fans disliked it. My suggestion to them if they want to keep it is to make them suffer a bit more there and end it at the merge. They had it to easy there and they gave them rice and their luxury items. I saw a secret scene on the CBS web site that showed Matt and Mike eating a big bowl of rice. It looked the same size as what a whole tribe ate for the 2 of them. They also have it easy there as they are not mentally challenged like those still in the game with the stress , worry and anxiety that comes all day long for those still in the game. And the duels....geesh, why don't they just have them draw straws. They were way to easy and boring to watch. Those duels should be more grueling to show who really wants it. I can't stand that any player comes back in the game, heck they might as well let quitters back in to as there isn't any difference. And quit wasting the first 15 minutes of the show on the duels and bring back separate reward challenges that have disappeared .

On another note I am sure glad they opted not to show the walk where they honer all the players voted out. I always thought it to be lame and a waste of valuable TV time. They did do it and you can watch it at CBS .com

I sure was disgusted with Julies finale tribal tirade into parents and parenting. I would like to see what type of parent she really is to say those things. And whats up with crybaby Grant? He was the last person I thought would act like that. Most athletes have some good sportsmanship in them. Apparently he started pouting and didn't talk to Rob after he saw the episode where Rob switched the Hidden Immunity Idol clues on him. What a baby. I am taking bets that Dave and the girl he proposed too will never get married. That was awkward and you could just see that she didn't want to say yes. After all they haven't known each other very long...maybe 6 months.

Oh brother, another Redemption Island ....and they are bringing back 2 more players...geesh. Why not give the returning players deal a rest for a couple seasons and let a group of newbies try the Redemption thing? And there are only 16 players next season to boot. So that makes only 14 fresh players.

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 11:01 pm

I imagine that Julies tirade was fueled by jealousy and a basic ignorance of how Survivor works.

I was disappointed to here that we are going to have Redeemption Island again. If you are voted off that should be the end of it.

Dave's marriage proposal: well that was akward.

Only 16 survivors next season? How is that going to work.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 11:38 pm

16 is the number they had through the first 7 seasons and all those ended with a final 2. If you do the numbers 16 works out to a 13 week season with 3 left to start the Sunday finale. It wasn't until the first All Star season (Cool that they had more players, 21 I think with 3 tribes.

I actually don't think Julies remarks had anything to do with the game. Probably more about her own inadequacies as a parent.

I sure hope they don't have a five star hotel for the Ponderosa Jury members like the last 2 seasons. I like it much more when they are either in portable rooms or tents like in the past with a gazebo type open air gathering dinning area. I would also like to see some video of where the players that were voted out before the jury are doing. Doesn't have to be as much as the jury gets, just one video of them on the CBS web site each week up until the jury starts. I like viewing all the extra stuff at the site after each weeks episode. I also would like to see more of the wrap party after the reunion show. Just pictures would be ok showing all the past players who showed up to the party posted at CBS.com.

Rob has went live with a new web site about a week ago Boston Rob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island   Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Survivor: Redemption Island
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next