Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Game Are You Playing Now

Go down 
+27
zobraks
SweetDalilah
Mullane
bonsai
AlienBZ
mbday630
SuperEdy
Andromus
Igor Hardy
Ugur
Suvek
Camaro
lakerz
Faust
mindysue
diatribal deity
Magoozelle
jkeerie
HandsFree
Mystery Lover
Jen
AngDMC
Lady Kestrel
winfrey
GreyFuss
Gelert
hatshepsut
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 2:26 am

I'm going to try to enjoy !
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:18 am

I've been busy the past few weeks playing through some of the (many) AGS and AdventureMaker games out there that I've accumulated on my hard drive. There is so much great indie talent out there, it always amazes me. I also spent some time polishing off another HOG game that I had been playing off/on for the past few weeks.

I'm not sure what will be the next commercial release I attempt. It could well be 'Tale of a Hero' which I recently purchased as a digital download. I would have loved to purchase an English boxed version, but they don't exist. The next best thing is buying the Italian version which has English voices but Italian text. The developer kindly put out a patch that exchanges the Italian text for English text. I also purchased 'Whispered World' as a digital download a few months ago, so I'm interested in checking that one out as well. Then again, with Halloween quickly approaching, I try to make it a point to play a week's worth of spooky games to get in the mood. Perhaps one of the Penumbra games or Amnesia will fit the bill?
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 4:06 pm

'Tale of a Hero' also exists as a French version with English speech LakerZ. That's the one I have. Not sure if you speak French though. Not that far from French speaking Canada, are you? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 4:41 pm

lakerz I really like the indie games and I play alot of them. What are some of them that you have been playing ? There is a lot of great talent out there with the indies.

I would be interested in how you like Tale of a Hero.

I'm thinking about playing Shivers for Halloween week.

Gelert is the copy of Tale of a Hero that you have a boxed version ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:06 pm

Not really hats. It's one of those carboard DVD-box packages. Nice though.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 6:00 pm

It looks like more and more of the games are coming out in the DVD cases. Have you played any of the game yet Gelert ? Is there alot of text in the game ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 6:37 pm

Hi hats. No I haven't. It's near the top of my pile though. It's think it's a long game and I'm in the mood for that when my gaming clan is back together here again.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 2:39 am

I'm back to playing Liath after a several month vacation at our palace from Quasar Command's deep space cruiser. As I write this I'm back on board ship and the crew is watching holo-video all night before beaming back onto the planet Liath to finish Day 5 of our 7-day expedition.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:22 am

Hehe, well Gelert, I believe the French speaking provinces are more along the eastern side of the USA, but I could be wrong bout that. I've visited Vancouver and Calgary, and the nice people there seem to all be speaking English. I do love Canada though.

I reckon that 'Tale of a Hero' has English voices in several langauge variants. I just wasn't sure which ones besides Italian, so I purchased the download off of an Italian website. That's cool though that you went to the effort to hunt down a boxed version. Maybe I will as well at some point.

Hatshepsut, here is a partial list of some indie efforts I've played the past month or so:

Amertis (I don't think this uses the AGS engine, but it is a pretty good game)
Lightning Master (pretty decent with good graphics)
Snakes of Avalon (haven't finished this one yet, but I'm liking it a lot thus far)
The Devil's Shroud part 4 (I'm currently stuck in this one, but I've enjoyed all of the games in this series)
The Journey Down: Over The Edge
The Silver Lining Ep 1-2 (King's Quest indie offshoot....pretty polished effort!)

There are more, but I've had a couple beers tonight, and my short term memory is quickly fading, hehe. (burp) scuseme What a Face
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Thanks lakerz a couple of those I hadn't heard of. I had Armetis but hadn't started it yet. I started Snakes of Avalon and like it so far.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:55 pm

After finishing Rhem 4 (almost 50 hrs to complete) I have started a replay of what I believe is my favorite Rhem...Rhem 1 because I think it is the most complex. But to be sure I may as well run the whole series and replay Rhem 1, 2, & 3 to make sure since I also bought The Rhem Trilogy. What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 131224
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 6:53 pm

Need I say more??????

What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 IMGP4965
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:33 pm

GreyFuss I bet you are really doing the happy dance. I am just so jealous of your hours and hours of gameplay with Darkstar What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 214561 Enjoy Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:04 pm

Finished playing Safecracker.

Now playing SFPD Homicide: The Body in the Bay

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:03 am

doing the agon the mysterious codex expedition off and on - have found the black sculpture in storeroom d, then beamed back up to ship.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:20 am

Replaying Sanitarium for the first time since it was released. I had forgotten how disturbing this game is, not scary just disturbing. I thought that Blackstone Chronicles was my most disturbing game but hands down Sanitariums beats it by far.
Back to top Go down
Igor Hardy
Wanderer's Apprentice
Igor Hardy

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:26 am

GreyFuss wrote:
Replaying Sanitarium for the first time since it was released. I had forgotten how disturbing this game is, not scary just disturbing. I thought that Blackstone Chronicles was my most disturbing game but hands down Sanitariums beats it by far.

I agree both these titles are really disturbing. Especially the mutant insect-cyclops babies crying sounds in Sanitarium got stuck in my head. But I can't say I value these games too much - I found them too emotionally manipulative.
Back to top Go down
http://hardydev.com
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 7:17 am

If Sanitarium is more disturbing than Blackstone Chronicles then it's got to be one disturbing game.

Started Shivers tonight. Trying to figure out how to get into the museum.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 3:24 pm

Igor Hardy (Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:26 am) wrote:
GreyFuss wrote:

I agree both these titles are really disturbing. Especially the mutant insect-cyclops babies crying sounds in Sanitarium got stuck in my head. But I can't say I value these games too much - I found them too emotionally manipulative.
Then I'm certianly staying away from these 2 games - I don't want my brain worked on (manipulated)!

These days I'm playing Harvester off and on on DOSbox in my netbook, and have started Chapter 2 - Lapland of Agon Mysterious Codex (at the train station out in snowy "nowhere").
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:07 pm

I am pretty far into Mata Hari on the desktop. I was playing Secret Files 2 on my laptop but the AC adapter stopped working and I can't start the laptop. And Dell is taking FOREVER the get me a new one... in production it says and so far they have pushed the date of deliver out twice. I will be lucky if I get it in January
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:10 pm

AlienBZ (Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:24 am) wrote:
Igor Hardy (Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:26 am) wrote:
GreyFuss wrote:

Then I'm certianly staying away from these 2 games - I don't want my brain worked on (manipulated)!

These days I'm playing Harvester off and on on DOSbox in my netbook, and have started Chapter 2 - Lapland of Agon Mysterious Codex (at the train station out in snowy "nowhere").

You don't want to play Sanitarium and Blackstone Chronicles because they are disturbing but you are playing Harvester??? scratch
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:14 pm

I liked Blackstone Chronicles. I don't think it was AS disturbing as Sanitarium. (I have a copy if anyone would like to purchase it and see for yourself. Wink)

I am playing Darkstar but I am shtuck at the moment and have been for some time now! I wish who ever beta tested would have put ..please axe this part of the game in Jeffs suggestion box. Frustrating ..to say the least. So when my hair starts growing back I will proceed with Darkstar.
What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 G065
So I started The Lost Horizon. What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 C015
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:37 pm

GreyFuss you beat me to it, I was going to say the same thing. So I'm going to repeat, ABZ you aren't playing Blackstone Chronicles or Sanitarium because they are to disturbing but you are playing Harvester ? scratch

Ang let us know how you like Lost Horizon Smile . I'm pulling my hair out because I put off pre ordering and now it can't be found anywhere Sad

winfrey how do you like Mata Hari so far ? I have it in my to play pile right now.
Sorry to hear about the adapter for your laptop. I hope you get it soon.

I really liked Blackstone Chronicles too. I haven't played Sanitarium yet.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 6:30 pm

hatshepsut wrote:
GreyFuss you beat me to it, I was going to say the same thing. So I'm going to repeat, ABZ you aren't playing Blackstone Chronicles or Sanitarium because they are to disturbing but you are playing Harvester ?

Spoiler:
What are some of the disturbing scenes in Sanitatium and Blackstone Chronicles? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 6:48 pm

You might want to put your in game descriptions about Harvester in Spoiler tags so you won't spoil the game for others who haven't yet played it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Game Are You Playing Now
Page 11 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next