Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)

Go down 
+21
winfrey
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Taio
mindysue
Mullane
AlienBZ
gruefeeder
HandsFree
Ugur
Jen
Camaro
Lady Kestrel
jkeerie
mbday630
GreyFuss
AngDMC
Faust
lakerz
hatshepsut
Gelert
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:27 am

When I play it I promise to report back in review form or just an overview of the game. Not sure how soon though.

Gelert. study
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 6:16 am

A few games I got today.

Egypt 1 and 2 Collectors Edition (big big box)
Gabriel Knight Sins of the Father (big box)
D (big box)
Urban Runner (big box)

Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:14 pm

Nice finds Hats! cheers
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 1:24 pm

Heh-heh! Hatshepsut, you've definitely caught the spending bug. Great finds hats! flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:17 am

I just got Nightlong from Ang here on Adventure Point, and I have 3 games waiting to order sometime in May.

I go on game buying sprees every so often - when I got these games in an earlier post in this thread and hopefully next month (May)

Last edited by hatshepsut on Tue May 10, 2011 1:19 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : To edit out personal information)
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:51 pm

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 A114 Cassandra Galleries Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 A049
Lancelot
Milo
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:11 am

AngDMC wrote:
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 A114 Cassandra Galleries Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 A049
Lancelot
Milo

Heh-heh! Well done Ang! Cassandra Galleries is a great 'find'.

I'm curious about Lancelot though. Tell us a bit more. How old is it? Is it an Adventure game?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:35 am

Cassandra Galleries Smile Very nice find Ang. No wonder why you are doing the happy dance Very Happy Did you get it in a box ? Or did Cassandra Galleries come in a box scratch
I would like to know more about Lancelot too Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:26 am

Cassandra came with case and all the artwork..no box. ..yet Wink

Lancelot is an older adventure game. Here is some info ..Lancelot
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:47 am

Cassandra Galleries is a great find even without the box. I hope you can find the box.

Lancelot looks good. A great story. Did you get the box with it ? The box art looks fantastic Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:00 am

Yes...Lancelot has the large retail bx. Very Happy Milo also has the large box.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:12 am

Lancelot and Milo both in big boxes fantastic Ang cheers

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 9:04 am

AngDMC wrote:
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 A114 Cassandra Galleries
Oh, Wow! My eyes are as big as flying saucers! Where oh where did you find this?? I was looking all over for it and I almost d/l malware from a bogus website that said I could d/l Cassandra Galleries for 99 cents, but backed out of that site after entering some of my personal info. Then we got a bill from paypal that might've been from that bogus site - wow, was a upset! How much did you pay for it?

Ang, when you get finished playing your Cassandra Galleries, could I please have it? Maybe we could trade - ahh - maybe I'll let you have my Ark of Time for Cassandra Galleries after I finish playing it in case you don't want Overclocked, ok?
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 5:39 pm

Hi K. I am sorry that you will be disappointed but I am a collector so Cassandras home is here with me. This has been a mission of mine for a very long time. I found it through a dear friend.( If you ever are looking for Gothos though I would trade it for your Ark Of Time). Also..No thank you on Overclocked. After driving over mine..backing up 2 more times and driving over it again..I picked up all the pieces and threw it in the trash where it belonged.. Thank you for the offer though.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:13 pm

K515 I edited out your personal information. It really is not a safe practice to let people know where you have accounts.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: spend spend spend   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 12:42 pm

I would like to spend and have been contemplating on getting the whispered world. but, I am sick of getting downloads and want to get the hardcopy of it.. with a box. Do you know where I can get that? The only other spending I have done is at Big Fish and if I have my grandsons over I download some games and if they like them I buy the games for them. Fairly cheap entertainment for them and some of the games are quite good.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 2:59 pm

mbday630 The Whispered World is set for a May 5th release. Interact has it for pre order now. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Hello everyone - I was just checking my list on GameTZ and I have decided to go after getting the game Laith. There's a whole bunch of people on GameTZ who have Laith for trade but none of them want a game that I'm willing to give up - except one older man, who has Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender on his "want" list. So in the wee hours last night I searched for and found the box, and the diskettes (the manuals are in a handy place) for Rex, and then I made this guy an offer. But he declined it with no explaination. So I made him a counter offer, asking him why did he decline such an excellent offer of my Rex for his Laith? And if he declines this counter offer, then because I want Laith so bad I'll have to offer him money - but I don't know how much money I should offer him for Laith - I hope not too much as I'm strapped for money this month, as even tho I sold a game on VOGONS for $12, I'm going to spend this $12 on Larson's Folly.

How much money should I offer this guy for Laith? Or is there another place I can get Laith cheaper? Amazon and ebay don't have it.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 12:18 am

There's a Liath here: eBay - Italy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:01 am

Just checked that ebay listing you found for me, Gelert, but since the game is classified as "action-adventure", I'll pass on this one. I don't like action-adventure games, just pure adventure.

Back about 8 years or so ago when I brought Frank Herbert's Dune (2001), Broken Sword Smoking Mirror and Broken Sword Sleeping Dragon, I thought these were going to be pure adventure - but this was before I had joined up with these online gaming forums, and even back in '07 I still did not know how to tell if a game I wanted to buy/trade for was action-adventure, or pure adventure. Then in '08, I learned how to check games' reviews, w/t's, and genre classification.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 11:06 am

Interesting. I've always thought of Liath as pure Adventure. Hmm! scratch
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:27 pm

Liath is an adventure game.

The genre that Ebay uses for games can be misleading. They list action and adventure together in one genre : action/adventure.

Mobygames lists Liath as an adventure RPG. 3rd person perspective, point and click. I don't think Liath is what you could call RPG either. You play as a wizard who makes magic spells.

I looked at my box of Liath and could find nothing other than that it was an adventure game.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Mind you, it's not the easiest of games to get to run - even on Windows 98. I remember there was an essential patch download somewhere. Maybe Mr Bill's????
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:24 pm

Gelert yes I have read that it is a difficult game to run even on the win 98. I haven't tried it yet. Mr Bill and JA both had links to patches but the websites are no longer there. The Liath website is no longer there either. Mr Bill did say in his review that he played it without the patch but I think he played on win 95.

I've looked at a couple of places for a patch and haven't been able to find one.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:33 pm

Hats,

See your p.m's. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next