Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)

Go down 
+21
winfrey
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Taio
mindysue
Mullane
AlienBZ
gruefeeder
HandsFree
Ugur
Jen
Camaro
Lady Kestrel
jkeerie
mbday630
GreyFuss
AngDMC
Faust
lakerz
hatshepsut
Gelert
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:27 pm

No GreyFuss I don't have any of those games in my collection, but I've been looking for them. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:47 pm

Lady Kestrel wrote:
I bought the DVD version of JP 3 when it came out last year and really enjoyed replaying it.
Lady K
Did you notice the quality of the graphics being a lot better in the DVD Mac release as much as in the Windows release?

Miss Ang wrote:
I want the DVD version but have not been able to find it with a box within reason. I went to the site and they are out of stock.
I will keep an eye out for ya Miss Ang
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:49 pm

Thanks GF. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 8:51 pm

GreyFuss wrote:

Lady K
Did you notice the quality of the graphics being a lot better in the DVD Mac release as much as in the Windows release?
I would say they were somewhat better but not a lot.
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 7:16 am

The newest additions to my collection. I have been after some of these for a while.

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 DSC00110-1
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 DSC00109-1

The guy who sold me Plan 9 and Floor 13 chucked in a CD copy of Plan 9 (movie) for free. Super happy about that.
Amazon - This has both the disks and cd inside Very Happy
Innocent - The box is a bit of a let down. Feels and looks kind of cheap.
Big Red Adventure & Gene Machine - Have been after these for quite a long time. I missed out on buying the copy of Big Red Adventure that Gelert had for sale a while ago on eBay, but I finally won a copy.
Down Under Dan - Hadn't heard about this one until a couple of weeks ago, but this copy popped up on ebay for $7 BIN last week so I bought it.
Voyeur - I just wanted to be as cool as GreyFuss
Cool . I discovered this doesn't have that awesome poster. I may weep openly.

Last edited by Mullane on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:50 am

Mullane you have some very nice new arrivals. I haven't heard of Floor 13 before, I'm going to have to investigate that one. Callahan's Crosstime Saloon is a very cool box. I have a sealed big box of that one. I have a big box of Faust too but mine doesn't look quite like your's. I like the box art on your Schizm. I have the big box DVD Schizm but the box art is different from your's. Plan 9 from Outer Space, really nice. Does the top lift off the bottom of that box ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:17 pm

Thanks hats. Im not sure I can call Floor 13 an adventure though, I am having trouble trying to put it into a specific genre. Maybe someone knows more about this game than I do?

Yeah Schizm has a couple different box arts. There's the black one, the one I have shown, the two european ones and there is another one I have seen which was released in Australia. It is more of a close up of the uk release and I think it is in a big box (not sure).http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/schizm-mysterious-journey/cover-art/gameCoverId,25909/
I am hoping to stumble across this one in my journeys and replace the one I have.

Yes, the top lifts off from the bottom of the Plan 9 box.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Thats quite the haul again Mullane. I sure like the box cover art of 7 Games of the Soul. Hmmm...I wonder on who's wall that Voyeur poster could have been on all these years. Quite another nice haul for your collection my friend. You must have a good job.

Quote :
I just wanted to be as cool as GreyFuss
Is that even possible??? Smile
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:07 am

These 2 rare original releases directly from the developer before a publisher entered the picture...

Both were graciously sent to me by a dear friend. Ever seen theses?

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 IMGP5138
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 IMGP5147
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:14 am

Very nice GreyFuss. No I haven't seen either one of those before. Are they in boxes ? Or are they folders?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:17 am

Just folders as I beleive Knut self published these.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:32 am

That is really nice to get two rare games that you like. Rhem folder looks a little larger than the Rhem 2 folder.

Congrats on your new arrivals

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:57 am

Really nice Mullane and GreyFuss. Nice to get unique packaging from the creator GreyFuss.

Mullane, it looks as though you actually have a Big Red Adventure in a box that' appears to be in tip top condition. For some reason that's really hard to find (one in great condition).

I haven't see that Down Under Dan box design before. Also, I've never heard of Floor 13.

Gelert. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:44 am

According to Mobygames Floor 13 is a simulation/ strategy game. You are part of a secret organization that takes care of various problems, in not always a nice manner. Floor 13

By the way Gelert it seems to be snowing again Very Happy Very pretty thanks Gelert.

And a surprise contest too cheers I hope we don't have to wait till Christmas Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:47 am

hatshepsut wrote:

By the way Gelert it seems to be snowing again Very Happy Very pretty thanks Gelert.

And a surprise contest too cheers I hope we don't have to wait till Christmas Very Happy

hatshepsut

Thanks hats. Is it slowing down your forum navigation though? It is mine.

As for the contest, I have to get my 'devious contest' head on this weekend. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:54 am

Some interesting items GreyFuss, im sure Rhem fans would be jealous.

Yeah, i'm getting a lot of slowdown Gelert.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:15 am

It's slowing down my navigation just a little.

Oh no getting your 'devious contest' head on this weekend. And devious and diabolical they are Gelert. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:44 am

If it wasn't for this great friend sending me these 2 games I would have never known about these release.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 7:35 am

GreyFuss Rhem fans will without a doubt be jealous that you obtained not only uniquely packaged Rhem games but rare and obscure games. Lucky you. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:04 am

I was just checking the reviews of Filmmaker, 7 Games of the Soul (found since it has adult stuff in it I changed my mind about wanting it), and Queenstryche's Promised Land (which I had to return back here to AP to check) and since Promised Land has a rarity rating as "rare", I hurried to my online cart where I had this game sitting @ 11.95 (+ S & H) as well as 3 other games, and I deleted the 3 other games and ordered Promised Land. My copy is listed as "Like New", while the one other used copy was listed as "Very Good" and selling for $17 - something, and the several new copies were going for $49 and up.

I don't know if my copy of Promised Land will come in a box or JC, but I don't think it matters since this game is rare. It is a Windows 95 game, Myst-like.

I've been wanting to get Promised Land since this past April-June of 2010.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:39 am

ABZ I think that they should have told you whether the game is in a box or JC. But at $11 and $17 I would guess that it's in a JC. Yes the game is rare but whether the game is in the box or JC does matter, especially to collectors. Sometimes it's the box that makes the game rare. In some instances the box makes the game rarer and more valuable. Of course there are some games that are so hard to find that you grab them box or no box. I think that Queensryches Promised Land is rarer and more valuable in the box. I'm glad you finally found a copy of the game.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 2:33 am

They do tell you sometimes in the individual seller's description whether the game is in a box or not but I didn't check. I just wanted to grab it for $11 in the event that someone else might be trying to get it and i was afraid that if I took the minute or so to read the seller's description, that other person could place their own order for it ahead of me and they'll beat me to it.

Is Queensryhe's Promised Land easy to get for $11 in a JC? Mom told me not to buy anymore games before Christmas but I thought this one (for $11, Like new) could slip away if I waited until Dec. 25.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Gonchi
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 3:29 am

Mullane wrote:
Innocent - The box is a bit of a let down. Feels and looks kind of cheap.

I have several of Psygnosis' games and that box style is common for them. Glossy, flimsy cardboard that's very easy to tear and crease. They typically come with a white cardboard case inside that helps keep them from crushing (some have Psygnosis written on them). If there wasn't one, be sure to get a generic cardboard box to replace it, these boxes fall apart if you look at them sideways.

I loved the Jack T. Ladd games, wish they'd done some more. The manual for Innocent Until Caught was pretty funny too.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 1:49 am

GreyFuss,
I have the original Rhem folder, too, with the 3 CDs.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 1:53 am

LK...You have 3 cd's in the original Rhem folder??? The one I have has only one disk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next