Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Game Are You Playing Now

Go down 
+27
zobraks
SweetDalilah
Mullane
bonsai
AlienBZ
mbday630
SuperEdy
Andromus
Igor Hardy
Ugur
Suvek
Camaro
lakerz
Faust
mindysue
diatribal deity
Magoozelle
jkeerie
HandsFree
Mystery Lover
Jen
AngDMC
Lady Kestrel
winfrey
GreyFuss
Gelert
hatshepsut
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Wow Gelert yes indeed whatever next ???? Laughing

Me faint lol What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 1 it only took me an hour to recover What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 428568

Glad you are enjoying playing Lifestream. I really enjoyed playing it too Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:45 am

I am playing "Alien Virus" at the moment. Nice SVGA DOS graphics and scary athosphere in this space story, where you must find out (from the 1st person perspective) what happened to the now abandoned Space station where you were supposed to meet your girlfriend and the rest of the stuff.

What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 147889-alien-virus-dos-screenshot-space-station-zeus-is-full-of-lifeless

What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 147896-alien-virus-dos-screenshot-quite-cozy-office-that-served-to
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:25 am

That one has been around awhile, hasn't it, Tsampikos? I know the game from the screenshots but don't remember anyone discussing it on the game forums before.

I'm now playing Rhem 4 and loving it, but I have to stop now before my brain falls out on the floor. Knut Müller is a diabolical puzzle creator, and everytime I think I can breathe easy, he throws another challenge in my path. I've been living on the tramway for the past two days, and will probably be going around in circles in my dreams tonight.

Last edited by Lady Kestrel on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Yes this game is a bit old. About 1993-95 released .Tough game I would say, it can be confusing with all these doors and darkness in there. In some cases you run out of ideas, i am through half of the game and have used the walkthrough twice.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 4:46 am

Well, after 25 pages of notes and that many hours, I finished Rhem 4 just a few minutes ago. According to the ending, I do believe Knut has plans for Rhem 5, but thank goodness it's not right away. I have to give my gray cells time to regenerate. It was an excellent game, but I think I have to go do something mindless for a while. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:08 am

Well, after such a difficult game you should try an easy one.Like Back to the future for example. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 4:57 pm

It seems like I did read somewhere that Knut was working on Rhem 5 Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 5:34 pm

I haven't played any RHEMs yet. Are they more difficult to beat than the Myst series games?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:19 pm

I haven't played any of the Rhem or Myst games yet. But from what I've seen other people it seems most people think the Rhem games are a bit more difficult than the Myst games.

Finished Blackwell Deception.

Now playing Dead Mountaineers Hotel.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:53 pm

@hatshepsut

Let us know your impressions on the Dead Mountaineer's Hotel, once you are through with it. Most of the reviews on this one are very negative. I have found only one positive review so far for this game. I have it in my to play list too. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:16 pm

I will let you know how I like Dead Mountaineers Hotel. I have only just started it but so far I like it. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 8:44 am

Happy to hear that you like it egyptian queen. Smile I will soon play it too. I finished a couple of days before Alien Virus and now it's time for something new again. Back to the Future. I started episode 1, looks very very nice so far. Smile
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:42 am

Today I played Agon the Mysterious Codex from the beginning all the way up to the arrival in Lapland by train. I'm happy with this game, saw it on the shelf at the local Best Buy back in about the summer of 2006 or so, wanted to buy it then, but wasn't sure if it was a standalone game or if you had to log onto internet website in order to play, so I didn't buy it back then, besides, I don't think I had enough $$$$ on me at that time, but let me tell you guys, now that I finally have myself a copy, I'm glad I've kept it (believe I got it off of one of the members here at AP about a year and a half - 2 years ago) b/c I'm enjoying it to the fullest.

I mean, on that hot summer day when I read the box description that day at Best Buy and found that the game takes you to snowy Lapland, I thought, Wow! what a good game to play on a hot summer day to cool down somewhere (unknown to me, I was to game at Panara Bread/Barnes & Noble cafe on such hot summer days starting in Summer 2010 after getting the Asus netbook) like in the Food Court at the mall (as I thought at the time, not being aware of these cafes).
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:56 am

Just finished playing Hollywood Monsters. A good adventure game. I enjoyed playing it immensly. tsampikos thank you for posting the link for this game. Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 6:15 am

The first 3 episodes of the Agon games are among my favorites, ABZ. I originally played them as separate downloads, then again when they added new material and put them together as The Mysterious Codex. Unfortunately, they didn't make a Mac version of The Lost Sword of Toledo, which is a bummer, but if they ever finish all 12 episodes, maybe they'll reconsider.

I started Botanicula today, and it is a totally delightful and very clever game. I recommend it highly. I had to force myself to shut it down tonight or else I would be up all night playing.
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 7:02 am

@ hatshepsut

You are welcome! Wink I will soon begin to play Yesterday. I have heard so much about this game. Good and bad things.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 3:52 pm

tsampikos let us know how you like Yesterday when you play it. I've been wanting to get Yesterday too. It sounds like a good story. It's a big departure from Pendulo's other adventures.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 9:59 pm

I am playing (a replay from years ago) the GOG version of the Journeyman Project Legacy of Time with my 5 year old Grandson. This is the 3rd game we have played together and he is getting really good at coming up with ideas about solving the many conundrums you face in adventure games. Good times
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Greyfuss, that is so cool! I've been playing some adventure games with my grandsons and they are really having fun, and it is exciting to see how they come up with solutions to some of the puzzles. Right now my grandsons like Torin's Passage, Kings Quest 7, and Simon the Sorcerer 1. I will have to try Legacy of Time with them. I think I did buy that from GOG a while ago, but haven't shown it yet to the boys. Thanks for the suggestion!
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:53 pm

To save the adventure genre we have to start them out young . Laughing Without new blood the genre is doomed in the future as the original gamers and developers die off. When was the last time you saw a twenty something adventure game Developer or 30ish for that matter. Youth is the answer.... cheers Wink

Good for you mbday630 isn't it fun?

Last edited by GreyFuss on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:12 pm

Yes, it sure is fun. I've noticed they get very frustrated with the action games, like Rayman 2, because if they can't get it after the first several tries, they give up. I think that is why they like these adventure games. They can take all the time they want and think about it.

darn it. it was Journeeyman Project 2, buried in time, that I bought from GOG. I will have to check into getting that game. well, I think i have the disk here somewhere, but it might just be easier to get it from GOG. I hate having to dig into all these crates.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Wow...kids using their own imagination in this day and age???? ............Priceless

Even when he is not playing with me on the computer he is acting out things from the games or the characters in some of his everyday playing.....Which is....oh my goodness.....dare I say it again......kids using their own Imagination......just got a chill sunny
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:29 am

It's wonderful that your grandkids are responding to these game, GF & Mbday, and what a great way for you to enjoy each other's company.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:43 pm

I believe that the future of adventure gaming lies within us. It is up to us, the old foagies seasoned adventure gamers to show our children and grandchildren The Greatest Love of All...Adventure Gaming. They are our only hope that adventure gaming will not die along with us.
What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 Soapbox Sorry I got carried away.

Very few people know that it was adventure gaming that inspired the lyrics to this song.....
The Greatest Love of All.......Adventure Gaming

Ok...I know What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 364829
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:12 am

Now playing El Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine. A really beautiful game, I love the graphics. It's very funny too Smile A little risque in places Laughing

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Game Are You Playing Now
Page 24 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next