Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)

Go down 
+21
winfrey
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Taio
mindysue
Mullane
AlienBZ
gruefeeder
HandsFree
Ugur
Jen
Camaro
Lady Kestrel
jkeerie
mbday630
GreyFuss
AngDMC
Faust
lakerz
hatshepsut
Gelert
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:11 am

Any time I get the chance to watch,read, or research on the Titanic, I'm on it immediately ! I told Greyfuss this . A possibly little known fact . At the time of the Titanic sinking , Titanic / The White Star Line was owned by an American company.April 14th (Titanic sinking) is a special day , in more ways than one . That's the date of my wedding anniversary !
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:19 am

I also read, watch movies and all the specials on Titanic. I didn't know that an American company owned the Titanic. Is your wedding date on purpose or a coincidence ? Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:44 am

Feeling a bit nostalgic, I went down to my basement, & pulled out my vhs copy of A Night To Remember (1958), & 2 other vhs tapes, containing Titanic specials I have . One of those tapes contains the made for tv mini-series from '96 , starring George C. Scott & Tim Curry .

Here's a link to verify what I've told : http://www.titanic-whitestarships.com/History_WSL.htm

In the early 1900's, White Star Line was bought by the American company IMM, which stands for International Mercantile Marine . The owner of IMM was was American railroad,coal, & steel tycoon J .P. Morgan .

The wedding date was purposely done that way by me .My wife didn't know at the time . She jokes about it now though .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 3:13 am

That was a very interesting website Faust thank you.

I've watched A Night to Remember many times. My favorite Titanic movie that I've watched the most is Titanic (the 1953 version). It was the saddest one to me.

I thought that wedding date might have been on purpose.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:09 am

You guys never answered my question about if it's worth it or not for me to grab that 99 cent Titanic Lost Mission JC at Amazon - aren't you going to give me an answer??
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:31 am

Ya know, I never thought the sinking of the ship Titanic was the tragedy. What I thought was the tragedy is how come with all the knowledge and brainpower it took to create the worlds largest ship at that time nobody had enough sense to do the math....1 passenger...1 seat in a lifeboat scratch
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:41 am

Sorry K515 after reading those slamming reviews I didn't think you were interested in the game. I had to reread your post to realize you were asking a question.

If you are only interested in playing the game then I would say yes it is worth it.

Also K515 I wouldn't put to much credence on a reviewer who slams almost every adventure game that they have reviewed. No

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:04 am

GreyFuss I have always thought that was the real tragedy of the Titanic also.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:20 am

Here's the picture of the sealed copies of Jack Orlando Directors Cut, The Martian Chronicles and Conspiracy

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 Picture010

Odyssey the Search for Ulysses and Traitors Gate opened
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 Picture013

Comer and Outcast opened
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 Picture019

Entombed Enhanced opened
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 Picture015

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:33 pm

GreyFuss wrote:
Ya know, I never thought the sinking of the ship Titanic was the tragedy. What I thought was the tragedy is how come with all the knowledge and brainpower it took to create the worlds largest ship at that time nobody had enough sense to do the math....1 passenger...1 seat in a lifeboat scratch

Actually, Greyfuss, someone had the brainpower to do the math . Titanic's designer , Thomas Andrews, called for 48 life boats in his design plans . His plans were altered by White Star Line, or more specifically, Bruce Ismay (W S L managing director) to 16 life boats, so as not to make the boat deck look "cluttered" , & to cut costs . Four other "collapsible" boats were further added , bringing the total boat count to 20 .

I'm going to start a Titanic discussion thread in the General forum . Should prove interesting , & fun !

Before I forget , nice games Hats !! I have Odyssey myself !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:43 pm

GreyFuss, I PM'd you about Titanic Lost Mission -

EDIT - Does anyone know if I can get Titanic Lost Mission as a free download somewhere? If so, link, please?

I found a d/l of Lost Mission - don't know if that's a reliable site or not?

Mods/Admins - check this link out please, and tell me if this is a good place to d/l the titanic lost mission for free?
Gelert wrote:
Excellent finds K515? Which will you play first?
Shady Brook and Lifestream so I can then trade them for Black Mirror 2 and Secret Files 2 Puritas Cordis. But first I have to have my new laser printer hooked up to my upstairs office PC and networked to my mac so I can print out the walkthroughs for both of these games - may take a while, though.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:00 pm

Very nice Hats.They look fabulous. Very Happy I have all of those boxed except for Entombed. I inherited Conspiracy, along with a few others from trudysgarden .Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 1
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

K515 wrote:

Gelert wrote:
Excellent finds K515? Which will you play first?
Shady Brook and Lifestream so I can then trade them for Black Mirror 2 and Secret Files 2 Puritas Cordis. But first I have to have my new laser printer hooked up to my upstairs office PC and networked to my mac so I can print out the walkthroughs for both of these games - may take a while, though.

K5..If you need to follow a walkthrough to play the games..why not just use your laptop next to the pc/mac you are using to read instead of printing them out? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Hi hats! Nice boxes. The Odyssey one is cool! Smile , and Outcast, as many know, is one of my absolute favourite games EVER! Very Happy

Last edited by Gelert on Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Thank you Faust. Isn't Odyssey a beautiful box ?

Ang I figured that you had most of the games. Very Happy I hope you can obtain Entombed sometime it is a beautiful box. Pictures just really don't justice to the boxes Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi Gelert Thank you. The Odyssey box is very nice. The Outcast is very nice also. It is one of the lift the top off the bottom type boxes.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:46 pm

hatshepsut wrote:
It is one of the lift the top off the bottom type boxes.

hatshepsut

I know. I have it. In fact, I sleep with it. Wink
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:51 pm

K515 I have deleted the website name and link from your last post. We don't promote piracy of games, whether they be CD or d/l.
Gelert or Faust can correct me on this if I am incorrect but I believe that the makers of Titanic The Lost Mission still hold rights to the game and you won't find a legitimate free d/l of the game.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:53 pm

Gelert I was almost certain that you had a copy of Outcast. It is a really fantastic box Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:53 pm

I concur. Thanks hatshepsut. Smile
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 CIMG1342-500x400

I purchased a sealed Graham Wilson's The Ultimate Haunted House at GoodWill for $1.99. (sorry for the glare)I didn't know much about it so I did a little bit of research. It is Currently unavailable at Amazon and EBay. Quandary gave it 4 out of 5 stars. (80/100) It looks kinda fun. Very Happy

Published by:Microsoft Corporation
Developed by:Brooklyn Multimedia
Released:1994
Platforms:Macintosh, Windows, Windows 3.x
Genre:Strategy
Perspective:1st-Person Perspective

You have been locked in the haunted house and you have 13 hours to escape, and the only way you can escape, is by collecting all 13 keys. Or you will be trapped in the house forever.

You must explore all the rooms and meet monsters and give them 1 of 50 items, in exchange for them to leave you alone.

Explore the house and have fun in the games room, but make sure no monsters catch up with you and give you curses. There are lots of curses such as the color curse where all the colors get mixed up, the objects curse where you can't pick up any objects.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi Ang. I know of it, but never seen it 'in the flesh' so to speak. It looks fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:07 pm

According to what I've just read, the copyright on Titanic Lost Mission will not expire, unless released by the publishing company or the game's authors, until 2047 .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:14 pm

Thank you Gelert and Faust Smile

Ang that is a fantastic find cheers

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Bad news, boys and girls. My new Asus G73jh is going back to Best Buy. It behaved fine until I tried to download the BigFish Game Manager. Laptop completely locked up. It does so every now and again when I try to access certain things. I finally got the game manager to install in safe mode, but the games don't want to launch and eventually, the GM locks the computer up again.

Researching on line indicates there are issues with this laptop. I did try one of the suggestions to uninstall a Equalizer program called Creative, but that resolved nothing. It's very unstable, so it's going to the Geeks since I purchased Black Tie support. If they can get it working fine. If not...I'm done with Asus and getting a refund.

Oh, well...at least I still have my HP laptop (knocking on wood) that is fine for most of what I'm playing now. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next