Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)

Go down 
+21
winfrey
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Taio
mindysue
Mullane
AlienBZ
gruefeeder
HandsFree
Ugur
Jen
Camaro
Lady Kestrel
jkeerie
mbday630
GreyFuss
AngDMC
Faust
lakerz
hatshepsut
Gelert
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Sorry to hear of your turn of misfortune !! I do think though, that one bad experience with Asus is not indicative of the brand as a whole . In other words, don't abandon Asus because of one bad experience ! I've had Asus products, most recently a Xonar DX sound card , & I've not experienced one bit of trouble ! Dad has the sound card now, I use a Razer Barracuda sound card .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:40 pm

Sorry to hear that you are having problems jkeerie. Sad I hope that it can be fixed.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 12:27 am

hatshepsut wrote:
I believe that the makers of Titanic The Lost Mission still hold rights to the game and you won't find a legitimate free d/l of the game.

So I ordered that 99 cent Titanic The Lost Mission that I had put in my cart at Amazon.com last night.

With this game/demo being only 1 mission, I think it's only worth 99 cents - but way back 10 years ago or so, I think it cost much more in stores like Babbages/Electronics Boutique (now bought out by GameStop) - does anyone recall how much it was selling for back then?
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:00 am

More pics of a new arrival.

What I am excited about with this hard to get a hold of big box is that it is complete with a mint Darksheer comic book cheers

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 IMGP3840
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 IMGP3835
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 IMGP3838
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:28 am

GreyFuss an absolutely great find. Beautiful box. The Darksheer comic looks mint. cheers on your new arrival Smile A little hard to find in a big box with the comic isn't it ?

I am drooling Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 3

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:29 am

Very cool GF. Very Happy I have the gold edition.. whatever that means....no goodies included in the box at all. Neutral

I love this thread..what fun. cheers
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:35 am

jkeerie wrote:
It's very unstable, so it's going to the Geeks since I purchased Black Tie support. If they can get it working fine. If not...I'm done with Asus and getting a refund.

JK...I am so sorrry to hear this. If you are having problems right off..I would let them replace it with a new one. The Geek Squad should not fix something that should not have been broken...brand spankin new. Sad
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:36 am

Yes Miss Ang, I am familiar with the Gold Edition and the EA Classics release The EA Classic is not really a big box but not a small one either, kinda in between but very thin and without much fanfare. Is that also what the Gold release is? I have the Classic and was told the Gold was similar that is why I was after this original for so long.

I agree...this , the big box thread and obscure thread are kinda fun.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:38 am

Well, boys and girls. I decided to try one more thing beforeventuring to BestBuy about my lock-up issues. It turns out I hadn't removed all of the Creative Software...but only one item from the suite. Somebody in the Asus forum...back a few pages...queried how to uninstall the suite. A responder said, the software didn't have to be uninstalled, but that a setting needed to change in the playback devices. So...I unchecked a box and voila...no more lockups! There is still a known issue with pressing the function and escape keys simultaneously that will lock up the system...but the fix is a Bios upgrade. Some have turned their laptops into bricks in the process, as if it is done wrong, your laptop is toast. So...I will for now refrain from pressing those keys...and if a Bios upgrade is needed at some point...I'll let the Geeks do it.

I have installed the Big Fish Game Manager successfully and successfully launched Azada. If I have issues with games launching, I'll contact Big Fish directly.

So the only outstanding issue I have is with IE8. From time to time, I will get a white screen which according to Microsoft means something is not redirecting. I have found I can go to task manager and end one of the offending processes (it appears that there are several instances running). This one I'll continue to research through Microsoft and see if there is a fix.

If any other issues are noted, I will contact the Geeks and let them deal with it!

Thanks for the sympathy and well wishes! I'm just not used to such problems out of the box.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:44 am

jkeerie I am glad you got your laptop to working better. Getting all the kinks worked out on a new computer can be a headache sometimes.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:45 am

hatshepsut wrote:
Here's the picture of the sealed copies of Jack Orlando Directors Cut, The Martian Chronicles and Conspiracy

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 Picture010

Odyssey the Search for Ulysses and Traitors Gate opened
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 Picture013

Comer and Outcast opened
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 Picture019

Entombed Enhanced opened
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 Picture015

hatshepsut

OK Miss Hats...I believe you now. Don't ya just love those big boxes? I am envisioning them in my hands right now, they are wonderful, thanks for sharing them with us.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:49 am

GreyFuss wrote:
Yes Miss Ang, I am familiar with the Gold Edition and the EA Classics release The EA Classic is not really a big box but not a small one either, kinda in between but very thin and without much fanfare. Is that also what the Gold release is? I have the Classic and was told the Gold was similar that is why I was after this original for so long.

I agree...this , the big box thread and obscure thread are kinda fun.

Yes pretty much. The box is gold with the same picture and the top lifts off of the box. There is little paperwork and the game came in a sleeve. Yes yes..adding this to the seek and find list. Smile

JK...I hope it all works out. ASUS makes kick gluteus maximus ( <<<Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 A100 )computers and would be a shame you have any more problems with it.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:52 am

GreyFuss you are welcome. Yes I love the beautiful big boxes they are truly wonderful.
Holding them in your hands is a sweet experience Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:59 am

Ang you and Faust are right about the Asus. I have an Asus that I've had for about five years and I love it. It is a great game playing machine. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:33 am

I'm glad you got everything sorted out with the laptop JK - I have an Asus Eee PC netbook that I bought in the last week of January of this year from Best Buy and it spins like a top!
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 3:33 am

JK,
Isn't it amazing what havoc one wrong check box can make? I'm glad it's working for you now.

There definitely are some lovely finds on this thread. It's been fun seeing what everyone has found.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 3:51 am

Thank you all for the well wishes!!!!

Thus far, I have installed and played several of the Big Fish games. I have not run into the white screen problem on the internet in the past 4 hours. So...I am cautiiously , I repeat cautiously....optimistic. Cool

You are right Lady K. It is amazing to me how one flipping software setting from some bloatware that is installed by the manufacturer can have such a catastrophic effect and cause some of us to want to S---can the system due to uncompromising frustration!!!!!

I truly didn't want to have to give up...this beast is the quietest and coolest machine I have ever owned. Very Happy

I will, however, refrain from pressing the Fn Esc keys! (Say that realllllly fast and you'll get my drift! Laughing
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 12:44 am

Quote :
Miss Ang wrote: Yes pretty much. The box is gold with the same picture and the top lifts off of the box. There is little paperwork and the game came in a sleeve. Yes yes..adding this to the seek and find list.

Really? Is the Gold Edition of Noctropolis a regular sized box in two parts where the top lifts off? I didn't know that, know won't you give us a picture?

Here is the EA CD Rom Classic release, as you can see the box is about as thick as 2 Jewel Cases and only opens on the top and bottom with tab flaps. Not much of a box.

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 IMGP3843

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 IMGP3848-1
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 1:05 am

That is a very unique looking little box GreyFuss Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 2:29 am

GreyFuss wrote:

Really? Is the Gold Edition of Noctropolis a regular sized box in two parts where the top lifts off? I didn't know that, know won't you give us a picture?

GF...The version you have looked like a big box. They may be close to the same size. Yes the top lifts off.Here it is. Smile

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 CIMG1343-500x400 Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 CIMG1344-500x400
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 4:31 am

Thanks for the picture Miss Ang. It is a real box then. I was going to buy the Gold release a while ago and the seller told me that the box was small so I didn't go for it. Oh well, they lost a sale. I noticed on your box it states Win 95 & Dos. The other versions were just Dos. Do you know if the Gold release loads and runs in Win 95 or is it one of those games that you use Win 95 but still open Dos up in a window to load and play.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 4:57 am

Hi GF...Yes...you use Win 95 but it runs in a DOS window.. Smile
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 5:04 am

Kewl...thanks
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:39 pm

Latest arrival...I have been after this original box for a long time. A beautiful box indeed but because of its holographic nature it is very hard to photograph with any kind of clarity. Do you like?

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 IMGP3858
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 IMGP3862

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 IMGP3865
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Yes GreyFuss. I've been chasing that one for a while, but it never stays at the price level I need it to be. A lovely looking box. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next