Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)

Go down 
+21
winfrey
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Taio
mindysue
Mullane
AlienBZ
gruefeeder
HandsFree
Ugur
Jen
Camaro
Lady Kestrel
jkeerie
mbday630
GreyFuss
AngDMC
Faust
lakerz
hatshepsut
Gelert
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 10:44 am

Yeah the Piri box is pretty good, but imagine if it had some gloss or embossing on it *drools*.

Wow GreyFuss, the art on that box is awesome. And it's in great condition (like the rest of the boxes in your photos), how do you manage to get things in such a good state.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 2:46 pm

Why I...um....make them down in the dungeon Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 368113
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:47 am

A dungeon? hmmmmm, do they sell those at K-Mart?
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 2:06 am

Mullane wrote:
A dungeon? hmmmmm, do they sell those at K-Mart?

K-Mart doesn't sell dungeons. Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 A102
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 2:44 am

How about these? Journeyman and The Riven Calendar maker are sealed.

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 IMGP4801
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 IMGP4806
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 IMGP4794
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 IMGP4814
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Very nice indeed Mr GreyFuss. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 1:45 am

Mullane and GreyFuss really stepping it up here, great pics of some unusual games! Keep 'em coming. cheers
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:28 pm

Ok.. so I go to the local book store where I can find some good deals now and then on games, books movies etc.. In the game section..there sits Phantasmagoria, just in the little cd size box and has been sitting there for months collecting dust...because the price they have on it is $39.00. Yea I know. So today I go in and my eye catches a black and red large retail box...oh look...It's Phantasmagoria. So I pick it up to see the price and brace my self to be amused once again..But wait..oh looky..It is priced at $9.99. Yea, I know. Smile I also had a coupon so the total came out to 5.99. So that was my find for the day. I also picked up a game called The incredible Machine in a large retail box. That was 3.00. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:15 pm

The original "The Incredible Machine"? If so, damn that is a lucky find. Shocked
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:46 pm

Miss Ang

I am always so jealous of you lucky ones that have great places like book stores and thrift shops to visit Sad
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 11:54 pm

LK...This is the box shot.

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 1706-110
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 1:51 am

What a lucky find Ang. That Incredible Machine box is beautiful. cheers

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 3:43 pm

That was one of my favorite games. Played it when I first got started with PC games.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:56 pm

GreyFuss wrote:
Miss Ang

I am always so jealous of you lucky ones that have great places like book stores and thrift shops to visit Sad

ROADTRIP!!! Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 E058
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:05 pm

AngDMC wrote:
GreyFuss wrote:
Miss Ang

ROADTRIP!!! Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 E058

With my luck by the time I arrived all that would be available are hundreds of boxed Nancy games for a $1 Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 1
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 7:22 am

I wouldnt mind $1 Nancy games. They never drop below $30 here.

Anyway, I went a tiny bit crazy over the last few weeks. This is the result.

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 DSC00095
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 DSC00096
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 DSC00099

I had heard some pretty bad stories about Agharta, but the box was enough to trick me into buying a copy.
I finally found boxed copies of myst and BaSS that weren't overly expensive cheers
I cheated with 3 Skulls of the Toltecs - I just bought a cheap boxed copy from germany and put an english cd in it (anyone else done this?)

Temujin and Morpheus are thanks to Greyfuss a while ago. Thanks a bundle Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 6:52 pm

Mullane

I am still amazed at someone so young (IMO) that has such a great collection of games. Even the seasoned, old school, gamers will be jealous. Good job.

My latest arrival...........Finally!!!!

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 IMGP4965
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:26 pm

Mullane very nice. I have the big box Agharta and I love it too. Congrats on finding 3 Skulls of the Toltecs and Beneath a Steel Sky in big boxes. I have been looking for those two for a long time, I am so jealous, enjoy. Beneath a Steel Sky is a very good game.

GreyFuss very nice box, just beautul. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 1:28 am

hatshepsut wrote:
Congrats on finding 3 Skulls of the Toltecs and Beneath a Steel Sky in big boxes. I have been looking for those two for a long time, I am so jealous, enjoy. Beneath a Steel Sky is a very good game.

Hats..Please CYPM. Smile

P.S. I am so happy you got the Hatshenator up and running. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 1:41 am

Ang I am so happy to be back up and running, I was starting to get desperate without a computer Laughing

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 3:00 am

Darkstar on the way. cheers
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 4:22 am

Welcome back, Hats! We missed you!

GreyFuss,
I suspect that at least one element of the cover design was an important factor in chosing Darkstar. Wink

Mullane,
You do have a terrific collection there. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 5:13 am

Thanks LadyK it is good to be back. I missed everyone here too Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:07 am

Mullane, seing your boxed Agharta makes me reminisce about what could have been.

Oh so many years ago, before AdventurePoint was even a website, a very nice fellow gamer on a different forum agreed to help out a few of us fellow gamers in the USA with a request to buy Agharta. It was quite obscure then (maybe even obscure now?). It was not available at all in the USA and not really anywhere on the web either. But this kind person knew of a local source as I think the game was developed in their host country. Anyways, I send the money to cover all the expenses, get the package in the mail, and I find only the cd-roms in jewel case and the manual. No big box to stare at.

I was like Shocked

Then I was like Shocked Evil or Very Mad

After a bit longer, I turned into pale and quite a bit of Sad

The kind person who went to all the trouble of buying the games and shipping them to us didn't think the box was a big deal and so discarded it to save on shipping costs. Well, what could I say? I was still thankful for the effort in getting the game to us. But, there will never be an Agharta box for me...and yes the game is quite odd haha. Not really an adventure.
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 7:23 am

I read that story and I was like Shocked pale No

affraid scratch silent Evil or Very Mad It's really a shame that he just discarded the boxes. Im sure many an adventure gamer would grimace fiercely at the thought.

I did have something similar happen to me recently though. I had bought a lot of 12 boxed games off a lady on eBay, and to be nice she kindly removed all the inserts and flattened the boxes to save me on shipping (after already charging me shipping).

Shocked To be fair though, she said it was all in good faith, so it must be alright. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next