Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)

Go down 
+21
winfrey
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Taio
mindysue
Mullane
AlienBZ
gruefeeder
HandsFree
Ugur
Jen
Camaro
Lady Kestrel
jkeerie
mbday630
GreyFuss
AngDMC
Faust
lakerz
hatshepsut
Gelert
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 2:26 am

tsampikos wrote:
It arrived today from the UK! The King of old and (now also) new adventure games! Very Happy sunny

Is that the Collectors Edition the was just released? Good for you
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 2:46 am

I don't play that many W A S D games but sometimes I may have to look in a hurry and they are the ones lit. I find a lot of them are check point games. I like to save when ever I feel like it, so not my favorite. Yes..they do make game pads. My son had some..but he found after awhile the key board was easier for him to play his shooters and RPGs. Smile
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:07 am

AngDMC wrote:
[font=Comic Sans Ms]I don't play that many W A S D games but sometimes I may have to look in a hurry and they are the ones lit. font] Smile

Wow, I can see where that would be a great help as I always have to turn a light on to see where the keys are because I like to play in the dark.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:17 am

GreyFuss wrote:
AngDMC wrote:
[font=Comic Sans Ms]I don't play that many W A S D games but sometimes I may have to look in a hurry and they are the ones lit. font] Smile

Wow, I can see where that would be a great help as I always have to turn a light on to see where the keys are because I like to play in the dark.

Perhaps you would find a backlit keyboard useful then . I'm like you GreyFuss , in that I game in the dark a bit (my wife keeps the lights in our room off as much as possible) , & I find backlit keys very useful !
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:56 am

Faust I really hope you will continue posting pictures of your toys. I like looking at what you and others have whether it's games, computers or computer gear. I wouldn't have known about Razor or the backlit keyboards if you hadn't posted the pictures and information. Sometimes when we post things can be taken in a very different way than what we meant. My own comment (after rereading it) could be construed as negative. I meant it in no other than a compliment. I like your new Razor keyboard very much.

I also like to play in the dark and find it very inconvenient having to get up to turn the lights on to answer an email or post. A backlit keyboard would take care of that problem I think. but like most new things it takes me forever to decide which one I like the best.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:59 am

A very nice new addition to your games tsampikos Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 10:23 am

I think it's a must have for every adventure gamer. Wink
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:14 am

I'm a bit late to the 'Agapito's Crazy Adventure' sub-discussion....but my .02 .... I didn't care for the game all that much. I paid for and downloaded the game years ago off the developer's website (never owned the JC version). I don't remember the puzzles much, just the overall blandness of the game. I don't remember it crashing on my Win98SE computer which is a good thing of course.

Oh, and Razor rocks!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:34 pm

Here is what I bagged recently (in the last several months), not to mention Alpha Polaris (d/l for $10, backed up on CD):

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 DSC_0504-1

This is a small box version that I got today for $4 from the thrift store back of our house. Is this version rare? Hard to find? Expensive?

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 DSC_0503-1

Got this Penumbra Collection for my birthday. Also have the free Penumbra game which I d/l & backed up on a CD.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:12 am

Hey..Hi..I ran into another boxed version of DK Stowaway. It opens like a book and the game is in a case on the right. Under it is a plastic round piece with a raised middle like a CD belongs there. Both of the boxed games I have are the same way. Does anyone know if something belongs there? I also have a JC version and it has a single CD. I looked at Moby and it was not listed there. Thanks.
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 A018
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:18 am

What is DK Stowaway???
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Just got a new arrival today -

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 Shivers2
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:24 pm

GreyFuss wrote:
What is DK Stowaway???

Hi GF...
Windows 98 / 2000 / Me / XP
Product Description
Explore this amazing 18th Century warship in your quest to find the hidden Stowaway. Search every nook and cranny from the noise and danger of the cannon decks to the horror of the surgeon's operating theatre. Detailed illustrations, narrated stories and sound effects create a vivid impression of what life at sea was really like. Once you find all of the Stowaway's hiding places, you will discover the key to his secret!
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:19 am

What does DK stand for? I can't find any game called this. Not even Moby. Is a .....gulp!....a casul game?
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:10 am

GF..LOL..No..It is not a casual. It was made in 1994.DK stands for Dorling Kindersley Multimedia. The box says.. Stephen Biesty's Incredible Cross -Sections Stowaway!. It is the original white box. Not the blue one that is on Amazon and EBay. At one time they were hard to find and pricey. I think DK does a lot of educational games.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:26 am

Would like to help but I still don't see anything listed at Moby for Stowaway or Dorling Kindersley, I don't see it listed here or in the Pagoda data bases either. Its not April 1st so is this candid camera?
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:07 am

***post deleted***

Last edited by AlienBZ on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:23 am

GF..I see articles about it but nothing about the inside of the box.
STOWAWAY!
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:25 am

I now have Whispered World , Last Half of Darkness Trilogy , & Scratches : Director's Cut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:40 am

Ang the box you have for Stowaway and any information on it seems to be a little hard to find. I did find that Stowaway was once released as a CD - ROM 3 pack that included Stowaway, Castle Explorer and the Way Things Work. I couldn't find a picture of this release to compare it with the box you have.

Stowaway was released in 1995. I think that there were quite a few games released during that time that included other games and promos so that is another possibility. I could find no information about the box either.

hatshepsut

Last edited by hatshepsut on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:47 am

Faust you have some good games to play during Halloween. Scratches Directors Cut made my hair stand on end more than once.

Spoiler:

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:49 am

I'm going to try to squeeze Scratches in , if I don't get distracted by Black mirror 2 !
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:13 am

AngDMC wrote:
GF..I see articles about it but nothing about the inside of the box.
STOWAWAY!

Oh...now I get it....the game is for ages 8 to 11 no wonder I couldn't find it anywhere. scratch
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:14 am

If you get distracted by Black Mirror 2 you'll probably want to finish up with Black mirror 3 before starting Scratches. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:20 am

I started BM 2 a while back ,but never did quite finish it . I don't remember what game got in the way .I will finish BM 2 this time !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next