Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)

Go down 
+21
winfrey
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Taio
mindysue
Mullane
AlienBZ
gruefeeder
HandsFree
Ugur
Jen
Camaro
Lady Kestrel
jkeerie
mbday630
GreyFuss
AngDMC
Faust
lakerz
hatshepsut
Gelert
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:03 pm

GreyFuss wrote:
AngDMC wrote:
GF..I see articles about it but nothing about the inside of the box.
STOWAWAY!

Oh...now I get it....the game is for ages 8 to 11 no wonder I couldn't find it anywhere. scratch

Nancy Drew is from 10 up and some of those puzzles we brilliant adults find difficult. Smile The first STOWAWAY I received was a gift from Carolyn. She enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:19 pm

Quote :

Nancy Drew is from 10 up and some of those puzzles we brilliant adults find difficult. Smile The first STOWAWAY I received was a gift from Carolyn. She enjoyed it.

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 428568 I didn't say the game was easier, hard or childish,...I meant that because it was made for players between the ages of 8 & 11 (says right on the box) is why I couldn't find it through the normal adventure game sites Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 542331
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:05 am

I have just received the retail collector's DVD of Back to the Future from Telltale Games. I wanted this one very much.Downloadable version was not enough.But i just paid only shipping due to excellent Telltale costumer policy.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Umm, think I'll try to pick up a copy of Telltale's Back to the Future DVD for Christmas this year, would try to do this now, but so happens I've just spent (overspent, really) on 2 games from Amazon (Amazon Guardians of Eden CD-ROM) and the US version of Celtica (listed in the AP database as "very rare" so this is why I grabbed it even though I have a Dutch copy of Celtica which I got on ebay a couple of years back), not to mention 2 games I bought from Rainbow the other day on MysteryManor.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:00 pm

tsampikos wrote:
I have just received the retail collector's DVD of Back to the Future from Telltale Games. I wanted this one very much.Downloadable version was not enough.But i just paid only shipping due to excellent Telltale costumer policy.

Is there a time limit on this? What exactly is on this DVD? How much did it cost?

EDIT - just checked this out - the video said "just pay the shipping, you'll get the DVD free" - how exactly do you do this?

I believe I want to get the free DVD.

Can I get the Deluxe Edition free this way?
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:04 pm

AlienBZ wrote:
tsampikos wrote:

Is there a time limit on this? What exactly is on this DVD? How much did it cost?

EDIT - just checked this out - the video said "just pay the shipping, you'll get the DVD free" - how exactly do you do this?

I believe I want to get the free DVD.

You have to go to Telltale Games , & buy the game . No such thing as free !
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:44 pm

GF...You make me laugh. Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 A072

Faust..Mine sure wasn't FREE . I think if you already bought the downloaded versions there was some kinda deal there....I am not for sure positive. ..and yes...nothing in this world is free...(well except when I list my games for sale soon..I am sure there will be some freebies in there. Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 A100 )
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:00 am

"(well except when I list my games for sale soon..I am sure there will be some freebies in there. )"

Woohoo! Free games for everyone! I'll keep a lookout for the freebie 'The Romantic Blue' he he he. That is unless Gelert beats me to the punch. Smile
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:29 am

If someone buys the downloadble version of Back to the Feautre (all 5 episodes, no time limit, even now), receives the collector's DVD too. For this only the shipping costs will be paid. Nothing more. Same was (or still is) for "Tales of Monkey Island.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:29 pm

tsampikos wrote:
If someone buys the downloadble version of Back to the Feautre (all 5 episodes, no time limit, even now), receives the collector's DVD too. For this only the shipping costs will be paid. Nothing more. Same was (or still is) for "Tales of Monkey Island.

So Tsam, in order to get the collector's DVD, you have to buy to BTTF d/l version? Also if the graphics are cartoony type, then I don't want this game after all - Aren't the graphics cartoony in this game?
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 3:33 pm

AlienBZ wrote:
tsampikos wrote:

So Tsam, in order to get the collector's DVD, you have to buy to BTTF d/l version? Also if the graphics are cartoony type, then I don't want this game after all - Aren't the graphics cartoony in this game?

The reason tsampikos received the dvd for free , is because he already had a digital copy of the game , & apparently , Telltale Games has excellent customer service ! To answer the question , no , you do not need to download a copy of the game to receive the dvd . As for the graphics , why don't you go to the Telltale Games web site , & see for yourself .

Ang , I'm looking forward to your upcoming game sale !
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:59 pm

Faust is right. Getting for free the DVD as bonus because you already have bought the digital download Version is part of the customer policy of Telltale games. You have the possibility to buy either the DVD retail version or the digital download version. I find the graphics of the game to be very good and I want to add that the adventure games scene needs more games with cartoony graphics. I think that the handmade cartoony graphics are the best ones in adventure games.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:02 am

lakerz, I think if Ang offered Romantic Blue there would be a 3 way battle between you, Gelert and me Laughing .

Ang looking forward to another one of your great sales Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:14 am

I already have 'The Romantic Blue' (no box), but I'm danged if I can get it to run. It has me beaten. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:18 am

The Romantic Blue is unrunnable for the time being via DOSBox. It's broken.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Gelert that is too bad you can't get The Romantic Blue to run. Ang have you tried running it on win 98 ?

tsampikos do you have a copy of The Romantic Blue ?

Just where are the other 2,998 copies of this game ? GreyFuss do you have this game stockpiled in your dungeon ?

ABZ is your copy of Alice a retail size box ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:23 pm

hatshepsut I don't have a copy of Romantic blue. And I wouldn't pay for a game which hardly works. It may be a collectable item, but i don't think that it's worth buing it. Since the company which made the game still exists i suppose that the game is not for free to download from somewere. But if you want to play the game and can't find a copy of it anywere, then you have two possibilities:

1) Download it from an Abandonware site. I don't think that anybody would have something against it.

2) Contact William Fisher, he may help you. He is the creator of this game and also of the last half of darkness series.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:05 pm

tsampikos besides being an avid adventure player I also am an Avid game collector. The Romantic Blue is extremely rare and a real prize for any collectors collection. William Fisher has repeatedly stated that he does not have any copies of the 3,000 copies made and does not know where a copy can be found. If I remember correctly Bill still owns the rights to The Romantic Blue.

And so the hunt goes on for The Romantic Blue.

hatshepsut

Last edited by hatshepsut on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Well, since Bill Fisher personally can't help you and since you can't find a copy anywhere the only thing that you could possibly do, is to download the game from somewhere, until you find an original copy. If you don't feel OK with it ( even if I don't see any other possible way to obtain the game), then you could kindly ask Bill for his permission to download the game. Wink
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:36 pm

Hats..I haven't tried to load it on my WIN98 but I do play many DOS games on it. If I have time I will give it a go this weekend. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks Ang Very Happy I'm really curious to know if it will load on the 98. I've gotten quite a few DOS games to load on my 98. I've been trying to get Under a Killing Moon to load but no sucess so far arrrrgh Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 916703 I might have to just get it from GOG.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:51 pm

@Hat, my copy of Alice is a small cardboard box, it's not a DVD style case, it's a cardboard box. I don't know if I really want to keep it and play it, or if I just want to hold onto it for if someone has a copy of Mission 9 and will trade me my Alice for their Mission 9.

Regarding Bill Fisher's games - About 5 years or so ago I ordered 2 of Mr. Fisher's LHOD games, installed them on my PC (a Pentium 4, 3 GHz, ATI Radeon X300, 1 GB RAM) but I couldn't get them to run. So I ended up sending them back to Fisher for a refund.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Alien I didn't know that Alice came in the smaller box. Thanks for letting me know. I have the big box Alice that was banned here in the States. I had a chance to get the big box version that you have but turned it down. What was I thinking scratch . Let me know if you decide not to keep your Alice.

As for the first LHOD games it seems like I remember that there was something out of the ordinary you had to do to get them to run after installing. I don't remember what it was though.

hatshepsut

Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:37 pm

I didn't know the big boxes were banned..(AE?) I have 2 big boxes of Alice,(1 is kinda beat up) 1 small box, DVD case, JC and one for MAC. I will be on the look out for another small boxed version Hats. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:40 pm

Yes Ang there was an objection to the box art of this versionSpend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 1040503874-00-1

so it was pulled from the shelf and replaced with this version
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 1071710704-00

Both of these are big boxes.

The box art of the German release and the UK release are different also I think the German and UK releases were DVD and JC cases

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next