Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)

Go down 
+13
rainbowgirl15
Lady Kestrel
AngDMC
GreyFuss
Draclvr
Faust
emmanuel5
Gelert
AlienBZ
StarLite Moon
mindysue
lakerz
hatshepsut
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
aizaliun
Wanderer's Apprentice

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 3:48 am

Thanks

I have heard that it is good but hard

I need more time to consider
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:48 am

It has been a while since I showed off. I can't really remember which of my newest things I have posted, but here are some I am very happy with.

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 2012-08-16173333
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 2012-08-16173428
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 2012-08-16173353

I also have another 2 big boxes coming, 1 of them I have only seen once. Will parade them when they arrive.
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:52 am

Very rare games all of them. "The Legacy-Realms of Terror" is not 100% adventure, there are combat scenes and RPG elements in it. Also it has some problems under DOSBox... But all in all very good choices for a collector! Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:57 pm

Very nice Mullane. I have Legacy Realm of Terror in the Big Box too. I love the box Smile Riana Rouge very very hard to find, congrats on finding it Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:36 am

It took me a while to find one at a price I was willing to pay.

There is a nice revealing photo of the lady inside the box too.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:17 am

I looked long and hard for a boxed version of Astronomica and BioSys back in the day. Those were two games that I had to settle on just buying jewel case versions. Very nice purchases all around! Wonder which Gelert auctions you also purchased? Pictures to come I'm sure. Wink
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:56 pm

I bought today "The Dark Eye-Chains of Satinav" from there:

http://www.gamesrocket.co.uk/download/The-Dark-Eye-Chains-of-Satinav.html?ref=181

Most important thing, it's DRM FREE, and the Price is the best available at the moment (I guess). You can make backup, burn it on a DVD, everything. I am very satisfied with this solution since there is not a real english retail version available. If you are thinking about buying this game, do it from there. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:56 am

Very nice tsampikos Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:50 am

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 DSCF0572

Mode - A seller has been selling a number of boxed & sealed copies of this, if anyone is interested.
Master of Dimensions - Complete with broken disc! Seller has been generous and is letting me have his copy of Commander Blood for the breakage.
Genesys - Finally got around to it.
Golden Gate - Took forever to arrive, was very worried about it. But finally here. Huzzah!
Ghosts - Bid and lost on many in the last few years, one finally stuck.
Beverley Hillbillies - Bargain on my local eBay.
The Murderer - As above
Aura 2 - As Above
Botanicula - As far as I can tell, the only retail english version of the game? (Australian) picked up from my local EB Games.
Resonance - Lovely box from Wadjet Eye Games.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm

Very nice to see you are still adding to your collection. Its must have grown very large. Golden Gate in its big box is a very nice find indeed. I have seen that style of Ghost box before but am curious if where it is from, Europe release maybe? Have you managed to acquire the US release box for your collection too?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 2:37 am

Really nice finds Mullane. Ghost in a box is a very nice find Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 1:24 am

GreyFuss wrote:
Very nice to see you are still adding to your collection. Its must have grown very large.
It has been slow over the last year, but it is still being added to. I recently discovered collecting records, which is even more dangerous territory than Adventure games. I'm trying to find a happy medium between the two.

GreyFuss wrote:

I have seen that style of Ghost box before but am curious if where it is from, Europe release maybe? Have you managed to acquire the US release box for your collection too?
Published by a UK company, it says it has been manufactured in Germany. I haven't got the US release, it doesn't come up nearly as often as this version from what I have seen. I am happy having just the one version.
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:55 am

5 games for me recently Very Happy !

1) Secret Files 3 retail version
2) Ghost Lady's Haunting at Cliffhouse
3) Cognition Season Ticket.
4) Harvey's New Eyes (Digital Download-DRM Free)
5) Chaos on Deponia (Digital Download-DRM Free)
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Very nice tsampikos, sounds like some good games Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 2:06 am

Can you give more details about the game 'The Murderer'? What that a freeware indie game, or is this a commercial game? I recall playing a game with that title, but don't think I ever saw a boxed copy like that. The glare from the picture makes it hard to make out.

Edit: Mullane, sorry to hear your Master of Dimensions came with a broken cd. To find a boxed version in good shape though was a nice find!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 2:46 pm

I lakerz. I played it as freeware too, but, yes, it had a commercial release.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:30 am

Thanks Gelert, I didn't know that
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:40 am

This lovely package arrived from Ang today. All I had to do was give her some of my cash!

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 DSCF0573

Very happy about these, but mostly those which I have never seen for sale complete (Terror T.R.A.X & Milo).
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:12 pm

I recognize 2 of the above games. Kyrandia and The Dagger of Amon Ra as I played both way back when. Like back in the days when the best adventure games were being made! At least that is how I remember them.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:40 pm

Very very nice Mullane. I don't believe I've ever seen Milo complete either

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 4:25 am

That is awesome Mullane! Some very nice additions you snapped up. Milo is one of those rare game I only have the JC version of. Terror T.R.A.X. is a nice find also.
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:23 am

Me again. I quite like this game.

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 DSCF0580_zps612e56a1

Both are shrinkwrapped, but probably won't stay that way.

Found Gord@k on amazon marketplace for only $8. But since Australia and Amazon market place don't mix, I had to add a middle man. Cost me about $40 to get it posted to me Sad

L-Zone was quite a bit dearer on eBay.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Fantastic finds, especially the shrinkwrapped Gord@K box and only for $8...wow. That game is rare enough in just a JC. Why do you say "not for long" when it comes to the shrinkwrap? L-Zone big box is not as rare as Gord@k but still is very hard to find. I assume that 90% of the costs was in shipping as it isn't cheap at all to from the States to Australia. Good job...I hope you will instruct your grandchildren in how valuable your great collection is when they get it all in the future Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 9:14 pm

The L-Zone shrink is dirty and tearing already. And the Gord@k shrink is making the box cave in, just like all other H&A games.
Also I don't really hold importance in shrink wrap and would rather open them to play.

I know, I have been looking for Gord@K for quite a while and to find it for $8 was pretty astounding. I was concerned if it was boxed or not as I find Amazon Marketplace has terrible item descriptions and there are no details at all. Most of the $40 was shipping, there was a handling fee of $8.50 at the middle man, but the postage price itself also seemed to be inflated. And on that note, USPS have recently made a major hike to postal services so it's going to get even worse for me. Evil or Very Mad

Regarding future inheritors, any and all will have to pass a gruelling 7 day examination. If none are good enough, everything shall be burnt with my body Twisted Evil .
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 11:28 pm

Brought all 3 episodes of the Ancient Chronicles back this past Feb. '13, still hasn't time to play it nor write a review (been so busy with school and trying to catch up on finishing The Black Mirror (first game i series) when I can get out to the local coffee shops (Barnes & Noble/Panera Bread) with my computers, since I only game when I'm at coffee shops, not to mention working on my movies (these are to be the kind played/viewed on DVD) during these outings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next