Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!!   Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!! - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 11:15 pm

Mystery Lover I think that you are probably right about Amanda. Next week should be good, looks like a couple of things going on that might be interesting. Like Sandra and Rupert conspiring to get rid of Russell. I expect Parvati and Russell will make up. Russell really doesn't have much of a choice. If Russell doesn't find immunity and if Candice stays with the Heroes Russell might be gone next week. Parvati was brilliant in her play.

That was a very strange deal Russell getting arrested in Louisiana earlier this week. scratch

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!!   Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:09 pm

ML....You are uncanny!!!! Shocked I caught the tail end again and saw that yes, indeed, it was Amanda who got voted off...even though it looked like Rupert and compnay had a shot at voting off Parvati. I don't get why Sandra was so adamant in front of Colby and Rupert about voting out Candace...but then flipped to Amanda. Of course, I didn't watch after that...flipping back to Flash Forward...and only watched the vote count.

Anyway...Madame Fate....who in your crystal ball is next on the chopping block?????
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!!   Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!! - Page 7 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Russell may have lost out on the first vote...but boy did he maneuver to get rid of Danielle. Parvati is not happy....but Russell sure showed her he WAS in control of this game. Wow! According to the previews, Russell turns on the gals and strikes up an alliance with Rupert and Colby. Oh wise Mystery Lover....is that legit??? Or do you think Russell is scamming those guys?? You know Russell better than anyone. What do you think is going on? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!!   Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!! - Page 7 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Lol!! You are to funny JK! Very Happy
Never believe the previews! They are meant to lead you astray!
Do you ever go to cbs's website for Survivor and click on the Ponderosa? Each member who gets voted off after the merge goes there after they have been booted out. It is very interesting to listen to their opinions on things. You can tell how the final vote will go down.
Anyway... this thursday Rupert will be gone. Sandra will give him some vital info, but because Rupert is dumb enough to trust Russell, Rupert spills the beans on Sandra. Now, You'd think that Sandra would be the target, because Russell finds out that Sandra wanted to get him booted more than once already... but no, it's Rupert. who goes. The villians are still together, even though they fight and doubt eachother, No One wants Rupert or Colby to be in the finals. No villian wants a hero with them in the end.
So, I'm guessing that Colby or Rupert go, but I'd put my money on Rupert. Sandra will want Rupert out for telling Russell her plan to vote him out. Parv wants Rupert out too. This is my guess. Smile
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!!   Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!! - Page 7 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:44 pm

I will watch this Thursday to see if this goes down as you say. I'd put money on your predictions, though! You have been spot on all season! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!!   Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!! - Page 7 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:53 pm

And once again Madame Fate predicts the latest victim of Russell's wiles! cheers
Bet Rupert feels really stupid about now. I actually think Sandra is playing a very good strategic game. She knows you can't trust anyone, irrespective of "alliances." I love her honesty..."I'm against you Russell."

Colby knows he's now toast .

ML do you still think Russell, Parvati, and Sandra in the final three?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!!   Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!! - Page 7 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:33 pm

I think it's going to be Russell, Parvati and Sandra in the final three. It would be kind of funny if the girls voted Russell out. I think that Russell has made so many enemies on the tribal council that no one votes for him. I wonder what he was thinking making enemies of everyone. I think that Sandra will be the big winner.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!!   Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!! - Page 7 EmptySat May 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Yep - Colby is next, followed by Jerri. Final three still Sandra, Parv, and Russell. Sandra is the winner.
Not because she deserves it in my opinion, but she is the lesser of the 3 evils. Russell and Parv made many enemies. The jury is to prideful to admit that Russell outplayed them. This is so easy to see after watching many final councils... I'm bummed. The votes will be between Parv and Sandra. Russell may only get one or two. Sandra has this thing locked in. Russell from day one was doing things stratigically to position himself where he is. He made the big moves, the better moves. Sandra hasn't done squat. But a jury that is bitter can't see past their wounded pride and look at the over all game. It's a shame. Russell is the best player I ever had the privlege to watch, and the jury will give it to Sandra out of spite. Such a shame.
I think America/Sprint vote will go to Russell though. That's an extra $100,000, but he deserves the million imo, and certainly the title of Sole Survivor.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!!   Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!! - Page 7 EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:52 pm

No doubt that Russell, strategically, manipulates everyone and...because people are stupid...they believe him, and he maneuvers them out of the game. However, it's really not sour grapes for members of the jury NOT to vote for him. He lies...plain and simple. They choose not to vote for a liar. It could be argued, that Russell's strategy is therefore a failed strategy. Especially if yet a second time...playing the same way....he loses.

It's like a conqueror...after he conquers...relying on the good will of those he conquered to keep him alive. It generally doesn't work out that way.

You are right though, ML...Russell at the end of the day, does outwit and outlast his opponents, and considering that is a big part of the game, he in essence, outplays them. So considering that is the overall object, he does deserve the win.

I'm thinking it may be Parvati that wins again...if the "respect" card comes into play with the individual jurors. She at least won in the challenges when she absolutely needed to. Do you think that jurors might look at that favorably as opposed to Sandra who did nothing in the challenges? Or does it always come down to bruised egos?
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!!   Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!! - Page 7 EmptySun May 16, 2010 1:47 am

Let me just say that they ALL lie. You wouldn't make it a week there if you didn't lie.
Bruised egos are usually the case. They hate Parvarti as much as Russell.
Sandra is the winner of this game... hands down. She did nothing to deserve it. This is exactly how she won in Peral Islands too. The lesser of the 2 evils.

Sandra is going to win because the Jury hates Parv and Russell. Jury is to immature to look past their bruised egos to see the skills Russell used to sit in that final 3.

If I were a juror, and Russell put me there, I would have to tip my hat to him and say, he was the better man that day. He beat me fair and square. Danialle also hated Terry because he was the better the man. Now she can't be mad at Russell for exposing her tight alliance to parvarti at tribal council for all to hear. She should be mad at herself! Russelll got her to admit something she didn't want to, and she hates him for it? She needs to kick herself, and see it was good gameplay.
At least Russell will get America's choice again. Sandra sat on her azz all season and sucked at challenges. She tried to get out Russell and failed every time. Her moves in the game are miniscule in comparison to Russell's from start to finish. Russell got out the Boston Rob who was considered the worst villian of all...it's just sad that the jury is bent on revenge rather than skillful gameplay.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!!   Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!! - Page 7 EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:32 pm

I guess you're right that they all lie. Heck even the good guys lie to trick someone into voting a certain way or to blind side someone. I didn't realize Sandra won before...as did Parvati, right? Would that play in at all...that Sandra and Parv already got their million? Would jury members look at that and maybe give it to Russell since they were all manipulative? I have to agree with you, Russell does deserve to win. It would be nice if the jury members rewarded his cleverness...because in essence, all 3 were responsible for the demise of the majority of the jury.

Rather than double posting I need to comment further after watching last nights season finale.

First of all, Kudos to ML for in effect predicting the result of just about every episode from start to finish. You are the true Queen of Survivor. queen

I have rethought things. I no longer think Russell did deserve to win since he's missing a major premise of the game....that of the jury. Russell seems to want to negate their decision and say that the viewers should vote. This isn't American Idol. This is Survivor....where the object is to outwit, outplay and outlast all the others in the game...and then face them to be voted to win a million dollars. In other words...how do you eliminate people without alienating them to the point of utter contempt....but rather gain their admiration and respect? What an incredible concept for a game!!! And it is this wrinkle that sets Survivor apart.

Boston Rob pointed it out. Russell doesn't play to win...he plays to make it to the final three. It is that next step that Russell can't seem to grasp. He calls it a "flaw in the game." NO....it is the way the game is played. Russell at tribal was horrible! If he believed that he played a better game, he needed to argue that point effectively. Number one...don't aplogize if you "offended" anyone. Stand up for your strategy. "I knew I couldn't beat most of you in the challenges. I also know that inherently, I'm not a very likeable fellow. Thus, my only available strategy to win this game had to be to outsmart you....to get you to trust me...then when you did, I got rid of you. At any moment, I ran the risk of you not believing me...not trusting me. If you hadn't I'd be sitting where you are now. But sadly for you...you DID trust me...and thus I am here in the final three asking for your vote for sole survivor on the basis of my cleverness and nothing else."

Instead of the above, he sat there and criticized Sandra for her "failed strategy" when she couldn't ultimately oust him. That strategy succeeded because some of the jurors realized they should have trusted her and it was THEIR failure not to that led to Russell remaining in the game, picking them off one by one.

And Russell pathetically...even in the aftershow still kept criicizing her and the show itself. Oh well...

How about: Survivor: Rob versus Russell...and they get to hand pick their teams from previous episodes! Laughing

Last edited by jkeerie on Mon May 17, 2010 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had more to say)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!!   Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Survivor 20 "Heroes Verses Villians Chat!!
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7