Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)

Go down 
+39
Draclvr
colpet
Bacardi Jim
daily1game
tsampikos
Enter The Story
winfrey
SweetDalilah
HandsFree
struzzo
raylinstephens
lakerz
Mullane
Joee
mindysue
ellihale
Wallymian
gruefeeder
fancidanci
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Lady Kestrel
zobraks
jrme421
StarLite Moon
McDuff
Jen
GreyFuss
Faust
rainbowgirl15
Unicorn
Bastos
mbday630
AngDMC
hatshepsut
jkeerie
Mystery Lover
Catnip
Gelert
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:51 pm

Welcome Wallymiam

Don't be bashful about gloating showing us pictures of your collection. We all here like to see them and be jealous envious of what you may have.
Back to top Go down
ellihale
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:51 am

Hi All,

My name is Ellie and I am new to the forum. The first game I played was Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and I haven't stopped since. My favorite games are point and click adventure games. I am currently playing Broken Sword Directors Cut, I just started it today and really am enjoying it. I also like casual games, I find them very relaxing after a long day at work. I also really enjoy games by Microids, specifically Sokol Benoit.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:15 am

Hi! ........ and WELCOME elliehale! Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 506268

I sent you a private message. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi elliehale and welcome Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 506268 we have alot of things here to see and a friendly bunch of people. We look forward to getting to know you. I like the point and click games best too. I enjoyed the Broken Sword games too. Enjoy your time here. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi ellihale,
Lately I feel as though I am the only *lost adventurer* here that plays casual games, so I'm happy to read that you also relax playing them. What type of game do you like? I mostly play the Interactive Hidden Object Games (IHOGs) and occasionally a Match-3 game. Right now I'm playing Robin's Quest: A Legend Born. As for adventure games, I recently finished Puzzle Bots, which started slowly for me but it got more interesting as I kept playing it and by the end I liked it a lot and wanted more!
Back to top Go down
Joee
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:08 pm

Hello everybody! I'm Joee. Some of you may have played my adventure game ISLAND, and if not, please check it out at http://www.laminatedgoat.com/island.php

I've been meaning to post on these forums for a while now, and now that I've finally gotten round to it, I figured I'd begin by briefly introducing myself!

I'm just finishing 8 months of teaching English in Japan before I return to England to study for a PhD in computing / artificial intelligence. I love adventure games; though I'm more familiar with older games (circa Lucasarts' golden age) than I am with more recent ones. My favourite games are Monkey Island II, Simon the Sorcerer II, Grim Fandango and Beneath a Steel Sky.

I look forward to getting to know you all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.laminatedgoat.com
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Hey Joee! Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 506268 to the forums and I agree wholeheartedly with your taste in Adventure games. Oldies are best ........ except for 'Island' of course! Very Happy

Here's the 'Island' interview you were kind enough to give me a while back. Glad to hear that 'Island' has gone down very well with the Adventure gaming community. Smile

Interview
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:18 am

Hi Joee and Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 506268

I enjoy the older games also. I liked Beneath a Steel Sky very much.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:27 am

Hey guys and gals. My name is Brett, I am a twenty year old living in Australia and am largely obsessed with collecting and playing video games, mainly rpgs and adventure games. The first adventure game I ever played was Maniac Mansion on the nes, I think I was around 4-5 years old at the time, but I still remember the game and it remains one of my favourite to this day. There wasn't really a lot of money for video games when I was growing up, but somehow the games Twinsen's Odyssey (some may question the genre of this game, but oh well), Toonstruck and Wukung the Monkey King managed to make it into my household and probably cemented my love for the adventure genre. The first 2 I mentioned I still regard as some of my favourite games, but after replaying Wukung just the other week, I found that it is actually largely unfinished and full of strange plot holes.

To be perfectly honest, I neglected the adventure genre for many a year after being led toward the rpg genre searching for games similar to the adventure games I had played, and I was largely involved with those during my teenage years. I have only really started collecting adventure games within the past 2 years but have already come into a pretty large collection and have played quite a few more since then. Some of my favourites include Toonstruck, Sam and Max : HTR, Beneath a Steel Sky, Machinarium, Broken Sword 1 and 2, The Dig and The Neverhood. Some of the highlights of my collection I think are boxed copies of Orion Burger, Duckman, The Neverhood, Ecoquest 2 and Touche.

I look forward to being apart of this community. It seems to be a very dedicated and passionate group and hopefully I can contribute something meaningful. Cheers
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:53 pm

Hello Mulane and welcome to The Point.

I am surprised that someone so young started out playing (and liking) the oldies. It is a pleasure to have some young blood in our adventure genre as it is dying. Not the genre but the players themselves are getting old and dying and very few younger players are replacing them so through the process of elimination the genre is losing ground fast.

Hope to see more of you around The Point.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi Mullane and welcome indeed to our growing community.

I have to agree with GreyFuss in that it's great to see someone so young enjoy and appreciate some of the older Adventure games. Unlike GreyFuss, however, I'm not nearly dead yet (I hope! Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 401490 ), and I look forward to lots and lots of juicy Adventure game conversations here in the future.

Anyway, glad to have you aboard!

Gelert. Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 458936
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:32 pm

Hey Mullane ! Hope you enjoy your stay here at The Point !!

Not all of us have one foot in the grave (I'm talking about you GF !!!!! ) lol! lol!

P.S Love the new avatar Gelert !!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:40 pm

Faust wrote:

P.S Love the new avatar Gelert !!

Yes. Mrs Gelert had no idea I was filming her doing her daily workout! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:12 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Too funny !!
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:21 pm

Gelert wrote:

Yes. Mrs Gelert had no idea I was filming her doing her daily workout! Twisted Evil

You keep talking like that about the Misses Gelert and you will be closer to the grave than you think!!! Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 563417
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Hi Mullane and welcome to THe Point. We all love our adventures and having a good time. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Gelert nice avatar but chasing elephants on Ebay and filming Mrs Gelerts workouts. Shocked Laughing

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:50 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah us young whippersnappers usually just like shooting things, but I just cant get enough of Adventures!!
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:41 am

Yes I agree Mullane...there just isn't enough young whippersnappers like you and I around here to offset the oldsters. Looking forward to you (and I) bringing some youthful enthusiasm around here.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi, young whippersnapper Brett,
Welcome, and bring all the "youthful enthusiasm" you can, and I'll try to add my *oldful* enthusiasm to the mix.
BTW, I remember playing EcoQuest 2 years ago. It was about saving the rain forest if I recall correctly. Very good game, I really enjoyed playing it.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:58 am

welcome joee and mullane farao
Back to top Go down
raylinstephens
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Hello, I am 'just linda'   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 6:54 pm

I actually joined quite some time ago but never introduced myself.

I recognize quite a few names from the other gaming sites!

My first game was Riddle of the Sphinx which I never would have finished if someone hadn't shoved me in the direction of a walkthrough - in fact it took a couple to get me through the game.

At the moment I am really enjoying myself with IHOGS but some of my all-time favorite adventures are the first 2 Broken Swords, Flight of the Amazon Queen, The Dig, Amerzone and the Syberia games.

I'm glad to be here with all you gamers!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 7:05 pm

Hi raylingstephens and a big Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 4

The Broken Swords (1 & 2), are two of my favourites too. I also liked Amerzone a lot.

There are quite a few members here that like Hidden Object games. They usually get chatted about here Other games if you're interested.

I hope you enjoy hanging around here. It's a very friendly place. flower
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi raylinstephens and Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 1 to Adventure Point forums. I hope enjoy the forums and come back often.

The Broken Sword and Flight of the Amazon Queen are a few of my favorite games too.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 11:49 pm

XOXOXOXO LINDA!!!!!XOXOXOO Welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 12:02 am

Welcome to the forums raylinstephens. Very Happy

You have an excellent taste in games might I say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next