Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)

Go down 
+39
Draclvr
colpet
Bacardi Jim
daily1game
tsampikos
Enter The Story
winfrey
SweetDalilah
HandsFree
struzzo
raylinstephens
lakerz
Mullane
Joee
mindysue
ellihale
Wallymian
gruefeeder
fancidanci
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Lady Kestrel
zobraks
jrme421
StarLite Moon
McDuff
Jen
GreyFuss
Faust
rainbowgirl15
Unicorn
Bastos
mbday630
AngDMC
hatshepsut
jkeerie
Mystery Lover
Catnip
Gelert
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
raylinstephens
Wanderer's Apprentice

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 12:05 am

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I recently lost my Win 98se computer pale so now lots of games will be lost to me.

Good thing there are many yet to be played!
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 12:21 am

Welcome, raylinstephens,
I like playing IHOGs while I'm waiting for another adventure game to come along. I recently finished playing Lost Horizon, which is an adventure game in every way like the good old days. As good as Flight of the Amazon Queen, and The Dig, 2 old games that you mentioned that I've also played.

As for IHOGs, I played Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanatarium Collector's Edition not too long ago and found it interesting, but not much fun as the graphics were a bit too gross for me, not scary, just yucky. A game that is much better, in my estimation at least, is Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition which I played back in September. I enjoyed that game, that Poe dude looked cool. Actually, more like cute, but I don't think that is used these days. So come on over to Limbo of the Lost Adventurer and post about the games you like. I will be there for sure and maybe others will join in.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:57 am

"I recently lost my Win 98se computer so now lots of games will be lost to me."

Don't be so quick to count out those old games. I know lots of people are having success using various emulator programs to get older games running. I think it is VirtualPC that lets you create a virtual drive and install another OS like Win98 on it to play the games on. From what I hear, it works quite well even if it might take some time to tweak it to satisfy individual game demands.

Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 7:15 am

Yes, VirtualPC is really one of the greatest thing to happen to us gamers. Though like all systems it is still unexplainably picky about certain things and will often not run things at all or run other things flawlessly. For example I have a Win98 setup running through VPC on my windows vista computer and the exact same thing going on my windows xp computer. I have many a trouble getting the game Toonstruck working properly on my vista system, but it runs perfectly on my xp system.

You should try it out.
Back to top Go down
raylinstephens
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 3:09 pm

Thank you! I had heard of Virtual PC some time ago but had totally forgotten it. I will definitely look into it!

I do still have a notebook running XP so I need to see what will play there as well. That is my *emergency* computer.

Great advice Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 907976
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Hi raylinstephens. I feel for you losing your Win98SE, I would be devastated if I lost mine. There are some older games that will play on XP without emulators or Virtual PC and quite a few that will play on Win7. If you need help setting up VirtualPC or any emulator, post over at Technical Hitches and Faust will help you, or anyone else for that matter. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
raylinstephens
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:04 am

My DH's Optiplex running 98se had his hd crash so I had to canibalize my 98se Compaq to give him a new hd - then it started flaking out too. Both computers were really old.

I downloaded Virtual PC but it won't work on my Win 7 64-bit system so I am going to take your advice and visit the glitches forum for advice. It would be nice if I could find something to work on my desktop instead of the notebook - I just prefer playing on my desktop.

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 939463
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:46 am

Hi Sweetie

Welcome aboard. Glad to see posting. cheers
Back to top Go down
raylinstephens
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Hey Sugar!

Been waiting for your welcome!

For such a 'dark image', you are always a sunny ray of sunshine to me!

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 907976

**edit: AHA! I finally remembered where I heard your siggie!! The Day the World Ended!!
at least I think that is the name of the movie scratch
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:28 pm

Welcome, Linda! It's good to see you posting. flower
Back to top Go down
raylinstephens
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:32 pm

Hey lady kestral!

I recognize so many of you from other forums! It's like a reunion!!

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 989793
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:27 am

Hi!
I just red that my account had been activated and I'd like to say hello and thank for accepting me . I'm glad to be here! Very Happy Excuse me for my bad english.
I discovered Adventure Point Forum recently and I have red many of your topics. I think that you are fantastic.

I'd like you to know something about me.
I play adventures since 1993 and the first game I ever saw was Alone in the dark 1. I was amazed! affraid A friend came to fight zombies for me and I contributed solving puzzles... it was great fun!
Then Myst came, and I discovered the great love of my life: Adventure Games. A love that is still burning though, aging, I become more and more selective in my preferences (and games become less and less puzzle-oriented ... sigh Sad)

Since 2006 I was part of the staff in the italian Punta e clicca's forum, that closed last summer after the sudden death of its creator, Aspide Gioconda, a great woman and gamer and my personal friend. Her site is still open, but not updated, with hundreds of reviews and w/t all written by herself.

My "top ten" for the moment includes the four Rhem (even if the 4th...), Myst and Riven, Schizm 1, the beautiful free game in 5 chapters: Escape to Obion, a little genial Russian game: Escape from the hounted house, and the last fantastic game I played: Slip Space - The Burma-Shave analogy, that replaced Alida, not always so logical.
I feel at home within logic and -too bad- I haven't the gift of lateral thinking... so I liked a lot games like Monkey Island and Day of the tentacle, but couldn't really enjoy them because many times I had to look up a w/t. Embarassed

I also loved Rama, Obsidian, Reah, Sentinel and the Dark Fall series as well as Scratches, Necronomicon and Outcry; this last one fascinated me in a special way!
I'd rather play in first-person.
When I have some spare time and no games I like HOGs, if they contain many puzzles. The more extraordinaires I remember are Drawn 1 and 2. Enchanting and original!

I think it's enough... I hope not to have been too boring Sleep
One more thing; I already encountered two of you in another forum: Handsfree, in a topic I opened on Escape from the hounted house and GreyFuss, that I quoted to raise up an old topic on the beautiful Slip Space, that, imho, deserves much more success than it had. Hi you two Smile

Have a nice day everybody!
Back to top Go down
raylinstephens
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:51 pm

Welcome struzzo!

Glad to have you aboard! I played and enjoyed most of the games you mentioned and greyfuss is cool.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi struzzo. Welcome to Adventure Point. Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 506268

Your English is excellent.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:12 pm

Struzzo...

I second what Gelert said. Your English is much better than some folks here in the states that i know!

It doesn't surprise me that you and Greyfuss are already buddies. Greyfuss is very particular about his games and loves those with involved and challenging puzzles, like the Rhem series. I too love puzzles....but personally did not enjoy Rhem as I felt so lonely and isolated while playing. I prefer games with interesting characters and story.

You have stumbled on a grand site here! Welcome to our cyber home away from home! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi struzzo and Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 506268 to our family here at Adventure Point. I hope you enjoy it here. I enjoyed playing the Dark Fall games, Scratches, Necronomicon, and Outcry too. Outcry fascinated me too, I still think about it.

Your English is very good Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks so much to you all for your warm welcome!
And thanks for your nice comments on my english. You sure know how to make someone feel at ease and... at home, a home not so far, if not geographically Very Happy
I'm happy to be here !

@ jkeerie: I never had direct exchanges with GreyFuss yet... I only quoted him/her for something on which I agreed thoroughly Smile
I can understand perfectly how Rhem surroundings are apt to make a gamer feel lonely, but I must admit that it's the best condition for torturing my poor old brain cells without diversions Wink

@ hatshepsut: I'm still thinking and dreaming about Outcry too (its original name, Sublustrum, was perfect!). Even if a lot of time has passed by I'd love to discuss the ending, and not only...
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:21 pm

Welcome, Struzzo! I cut my gaming teeth on first person games and still love them the best, although I have played a number of 3rd person games I've enjoyed, too. I also enjoy casual games, which keep me busy between the big ones.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:00 pm

Yes I thought Sublustrum was a perfect name for it too. That ending was very thought provoking for me. I would be interested to hear your thoughts and discussions on it. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 1:48 pm

Thanks a lot Lady Kestrel! Very Happy
For what concerns casual games, if you haven't played them yet, I suggest you to have a look at the two chapters of Drawn - The painted tower. They are pure poetry!

@ hatshepsut. It's an irresistible invitation! Very Happy
I had very few opportunuties to discuss that wonderful artwork with italian gamers because of the language.
I'll look for all my notes on the game and I'll search for an eventual topic on Outcry to continue. If I won't find it I'll open a little "nostalgia" topic. Maybe someone could be still interested in joining us...
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:20 pm

That will be nice and interesting struzzo and hopefully some others will have some thoughts on it. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:39 pm

Hi struzzo, I remember the thread about Escape from Haunted House. That game is still on my lookout list, but I've still never even seen it.
There are a few serious collectors here so: does anyone actually have that game?
Can we see a boxshot?

The games you mention in your top 10 are not my favorites. I don't like to admit it, bit I fear Riven, Schizm and Rhem are just way to difficult for me.
However, I loved Reah, Myst Revelation, Sentinel, Dark Fall, Scratches and Outcry. Ăšnfortunately I don't remember enough details about the storyline to contribute meaningful to that discussion. But I do remember the ending kept me thinking for quite some time.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:46 pm

I have it HandsFree. But jewel case and inserts. No box. No

I've had four of them pass through my hands though. eBay -ed them.
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi HandsFree, nice to meet you again. Smile

Honestly, I don't think that there are games much more difficult than others (talking of good games). I only think that there are games more or less compatible wich each of us, our tendencies and our mental structure.
Last year I heard marvels about Machinarium and I purchased it because I DID want to play it. Well; it was a long time that I didn't feel so frustrated! Having to choose wether to go on with a w/t on my desk or abandon it I optded for the second. And there has been people who described it as "nice but easy and short". Shocked
Sure it was nice! What a pity for me.

@ Gelert, please, if you ever get hold of two more copies of Escape from the hounted house, the first copy is HandFree's, but i'd love to buy the other. I played it on loan.
(I think that the only country where a boxed version was released is Russia.)

@ hatshepsut, I'm translating some of my notes to open the thread on Outcry. Hear from each other soon!

Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 2:44 pm

It's possible that an English box version exists.

box - but was it released? I've heard it was. study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next