Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)

Go down 
+39
Draclvr
colpet
Bacardi Jim
daily1game
tsampikos
Enter The Story
winfrey
SweetDalilah
HandsFree
struzzo
raylinstephens
lakerz
Mullane
Joee
mindysue
ellihale
Wallymian
gruefeeder
fancidanci
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Lady Kestrel
zobraks
jrme421
StarLite Moon
McDuff
Jen
GreyFuss
Faust
rainbowgirl15
Unicorn
Bastos
mbday630
AngDMC
hatshepsut
jkeerie
Mystery Lover
Catnip
Gelert
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi folks! Just a very gentle reminder not to post links to Abandonware sites if you please.

Just in case you were thinking of . . .

Thanks all.

Gelert. Smile

Last edited by Gelert on Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi Gonchi and welcome to The Point. Nice to see you here. cheers

Not exactly sure what you mean by "I'm Pro-Abandonware" though.
Gonchi wrote:
Hi all, I'm Gonchi. glasses or nostalgia. I'm Pro-Abandonware and Anti-DRM in all its forms.
Back to top Go down
Gonchi
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:46 pm

GreyFuss wrote:
Hi Gonchi and welcome to The Point. Nice to see you here. cheers

Not exactly sure what you mean by "I'm Pro-Abandonware" though.

Pro, meaning I support it.

Gelert wrote:
Hi folks! Just a very gentle reminder not to post links to Abandonware sites if you please.

Just in case you were thinking of . . .

Thanks all.

Gelert. Smile

No worries, Gelert.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:56 pm

In many cases I am also actually. To some extent at least and each case judged on its merits.

The 'gentle reminder' was for my peace of mind, and because what K515 said made me think a link was about to be posted post-Googling. That's all.

I'd rather not have abandonware links, or similar, posted here publically.

Ta! Wink
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 6:23 pm

Hi to everyone! My name is Emmanuel , I live in Greece and I play videogames mainly for their stories and the atmosphere they create. I see games as books but instead of simply turning page after page to read more , you actually have to use your brains and skills in order to make the story progress. I can cope with poor graphics , high difficulty , lousy programming or illogical puzzles as long as the game manages to keep me interested in seeing what happens next. Still Life 2 is a typical example of a game that I played through to the end , and much enjoyed I have to say , despite its mediocre graphics and numerous bugs.

I am mostly attracted by tales of horror and the macabre and my favorite games are mystery\horror-themed adventures like the Gabriel Knight series , Darkseed 1 and 2 , Shadow of the Comet , The Dark Eye , Sanitarium , Darkfall , The Black Mirror etc. Naturally , I am also a big (make it HUGE!) fan of the survival-horror genre and I’ve played nearly every game of this type published on the PC and Playstation consoles like the Silent Hill and Project Zero series , the Resident Evil games and many others. I also enjoy a few selected first person shooters (horror-themed of course) like Aliens vs Predator 1 and 2 , Clive Barker’s Undying , Doom 3 , F.E.A.R. , Bioshock and the Stalker series but I am not really a dedicated fan of the genre. I occasionally play role-playing games , mainly old ones like Ultima Underworld 1 and 2 , Wizardry 7 and 8 , Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2 , Planescape Torment , Arcanum and some others and I rarely play strategy games (now that I think of it , the last strategy game I played was Starcraft , more than ten years ago!).

I play most of my games on a quad-core Phenom desktop PC and I also own a few consoles like a Super Nintendo , a Playstation 2 and an X-BOX 360 Elite. I’ve also kept my beloved Amiga 500 which is the first computer I bought back in 1988 and in my opinion the best home computer ever made (I still fire it up every now and then to play real classics such as Shadow of the Beast or Alien Breed).

I used to keep track of new releases in the adventure genre and play practically most of them up until 2003-04. Unfortunately , during the last 6-7 years because of my work I don’t have as much free time as I used to , so nowadays , of all the new adventure games published every year I only play 2-3 , usually those that receive the best reviews from sites and gamers. However , I much enjoy replaying all the games I have collected over the last two decades (I’ve been buying original games since the late '80s). Games like Bioforge , Riven , The Pandora Directive , Blade Runner , System Shock 1 and 2 , Vampire the Masquerade : Bloodlines will never grow old and each time I (re)play them I enjoy them even more!
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 7:59 pm

Hi & Welcome Emmanuel..A lot to see and do here. Lots of info and friendly members, known as "Pointers". Have fun. Very Happy
Also..love love love Vampire the Masquerade : Bloodlines!!! Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 7
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Hi Emmanuel5 and a VERY big Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 506268 to you! Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 907976

I agree with and completely understand all of your sentiments in your first paragraph. I'm exactly the same in the way I look at Adventure games.

If you're in Greece and you love survival horror AND Adventure games, have you ever played the Adventure game Erevos? It was made in Greece by a few young, aspiring game developers, but it's not easy to find these days. It's not a bad game apparently.

I hope you won't think I'm rude to ask but, your English is so very good, are you Greek by birth? Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 571834

On behalf of everybody, I hope you enjoy your time here on the forums and on the Adventure Point website. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:24 am

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 506268 Emmanuel5

I agree with your first paragraph also. I love all kinds of adveture games. I hope you enjoy your time here.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:51 pm

Gelert wrote:
In many cases I am also actually. To some extent at least and each case judged on its merits.

You "are" - what, Gelert?

Emmanuel, might you be interested in buying my Search & Rescue 3, and Arabian Nights PC games? Search & Rescue is about finding survivors to rescue, so I guess that would count as a "survivor"-type game. And Arabian Nights is a game where you play a young prince named Ali, who has to go exploring thru a mythical city, complete challenges on his way to rescue the princess.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:22 am

Aah! K515.

You didn't say. Did you get the patch that I sent you (three times), to work for your Liath game?

No. It's okay. Glad to be of help K515. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:59 am

K515 This is the Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like. If you want to sell a game please go to the Trading Centre and list your games there.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:31 am

Hello again. Please forgive me if I take some time to reply but I am really busy with work and I don't log on Internet every day. Thank you all for you warm welcome. I am happy to see that there are other people who share my views on gaming. Regarding my English , I spent two years in the UK doing post-graduate studies so I speak the language fluently.

Dear Gelert ,
Unfortunately , I missed Erevos. I was abroad for studies when the game was released in Greece and I never had the chance to play it as it quickly disappeared from store shelves. Nowadays it is almost impossible to find it even in Greece. However , I 've heard that it's a really bad game from people who have played it so I guess it isn't worth searching for a copy.

Dear K515 ,
Thank you for your offer. I 'm sorry but I am not interested at all in Search and Rescue 3 and I have already played Arabian Nights (I bought it used from a videostore for 3 Euros a few years ago).
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:57 pm

The Liath patches posts have been moved to The Adventure Point Technical Hitches and Tips Centre forum.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
fancidanci
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:49 pm

Hello, I'm fancidanci, I enjoy a variety of games, but mostly adventure. I have been playing for about fifteen years. My first game was Clue, Murder in Boddy Mansion.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi fancidanci and Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 506268 . We have a great bunch of friendly and helpful members here at AP. I'm sure you will enjoy getting to know them. Smile We have alot of fun. Enjoy your time here.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:39 am

Gelert wrote:

You didn't say. Did you get the patch that I sent you (three times), to work for your Liath game?

It turned out that I didn't need the patch after all - the game runs perfectly in Virtual PC under Windows 98SE.

But thanks anyway!
Back to top Go down
gruefeeder
Opportunist Explorer
gruefeeder

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 1:17 am

Gelert wrote:

This is the place .........

......... Welcome to all new forum members!

......... Why not tell us all about which Adventure games you like best and which are your all-time favourites? .........

and ........... more importantly .................. !

Have FUN!

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 15

to ADVENTURE POINT
Hello.
I just joined.
My forum name comes from what I do with leftover bones from making soup. I dump them out in the strip of woods behind where I live and something eats them. Since the creature only comes out at night, I call it a grue.

My favorite games are the Myst-type ones like Obsidian, Schizm 1&2, Morpheus, Faust, the RHEM series, Amerzone, Atlantis 2, and of course the Myst series.
I also like most of the old LucasArts games as well -- especially Day of the Tentacle and The Dig.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 1:46 am

Hi gruefeeder and Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 506268

We have a great site here and very helpful and friendly members. Enjoy your time here Smile We have a resident grue also who will be happy to know that you feed the grues Smile

hatshepsut

Back to top Go down
zobraks
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
zobraks

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:20 am

gruefeeder wrote:
... what I do with leftover bones from making soup. I dump them out in the strip of woods behind where I live...
My pet grue has started to nibble the furniture again: would you be so kind as to dump some of the bones in a (huge) envelope or box and sent it to me (preferably by registered mail) drunken I'll pm you the address.

I'd say "Welcome to the forum!" but who am I to say so - I come here once in a blue moon. No
Back to top Go down
Wallymian
Wanderer's Apprentice
Wallymian

PostSubject: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 10:38 pm

Hello there fellow adventure lovers \ gamers \ collectors and especially my friends!

Those who know me from the past should probably approve I'm a die hard collector, and my speciality are all obscure and stinky commercially released titles. The more obscure, odd and rare they are, the better -- but hey, nobody can face all the weirdness thus a mainstream and mostly old classics are more then welcome. Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 198661

My prefered and favourites are point-n-click, hand-drawn and atmosphere ones with strong emphasis on a story and character development. As a bonus I consider an eerie and chilling factor. No matter their language, I presume this barrier might be easily skipped when you can really feel the labour and effort that has been put out to make this piece a born.

Truly glad to be here, Gelert you devil! I'd never guess this site might grow up to this giantic proportions.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:10 pm

Your most welcome Wallymian. It's a pleasure to count such an avid and dedicated collector amongst our number.

Please tell us which games you have most enjoyed playing. Very Happy

Have fun and enjoy participating in Adventure Point's forums!

Gelert. Smile

Last edited by Gelert on Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:46 pm

Hi Wallymian and Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 506268 I look forward to getting to know you. Enjoy your time here.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Wallymian
Wanderer's Apprentice
Wallymian

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 7:19 pm

Hello Gelert and hatshepsut, thank you both for a welcome message.

Yay, you want me to name those games I enjoyed the most -- I was afraid of that question. lol!
You'll be surely disapointed when expecting something truly obscure or unusual, that's the same for most of the gamers around. I can clearly recognize these titles:

• Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

I'm playing it annualy on Christmas - so far finished 15 times.

• Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers

In my opinion none game has so equilibristic and balanced story-telling,level of difficulty, chilling factor and splendid gameplay.Even Gabriel's distinct voice-overs plunged me deeper into game.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:05 pm

I haven't played Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis yet. It is still sitting in my to play pile of games.

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers great game. It is one of my all time favorites. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:06 pm

I'm not surprised that the games you loved the most are well known ones Wallymian. After all, that's why so many people KNOW them in the first place. Because they've been talked about and recommended so many times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next