Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)

Go down 
+39
Draclvr
colpet
Bacardi Jim
daily1game
tsampikos
Enter The Story
winfrey
SweetDalilah
HandsFree
struzzo
raylinstephens
lakerz
Mullane
Joee
mindysue
ellihale
Wallymian
gruefeeder
fancidanci
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Lady Kestrel
zobraks
jrme421
StarLite Moon
McDuff
Jen
GreyFuss
Faust
rainbowgirl15
Unicorn
Bastos
mbday630
AngDMC
hatshepsut
jkeerie
Mystery Lover
Catnip
Gelert
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:22 pm

Hi Chris Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 7

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Enter The Story
Wanderer's Apprentice
Enter The Story

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi Hatshepsut!
Back to top Go down
http://enterthestory.com/
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 10:56 pm

I haven't read all the replies in this thread, but I just have to say that I think adventure games span all generations. I have a friend (son of a friend) who is 17 years old and he loves to come over and talk games with me. He played the Kings Quest games and just loves them, also Torins passage, and a couple of others. That is what is cool about adventure games.... I play with my grandsons who are 5 and 7, and they just love them too. I have found all the people on every adventure game site really helpful and want to help and are just all-in-all great people. I think in shooting games, or role playing games, where you text people, there might be some animosity or name-calling, or maybe just a lack of respect, but adventure gamers are the best!!
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:01 pm

Hello Enter the Story! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Enter The Story
Wanderer's Apprentice
Enter The Story

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Hello Mullane!

mbday630 wrote:
adventure gamers are the best!!
I agree Smile
Back to top Go down
http://enterthestory.com/
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:13 am

mbday630 wrote:
I haven't read all the replies in this thread, but I just have to say that I think adventure games span all generations. I have a friend (son of a friend) who is 17 years old and he loves to come over and talk games with me. He played the Kings Quest games and just loves them, also Torins passage, and a couple of others. That is what is cool about adventure games.... I play with my grandsons who are 5 and 7, and they just love them too. I have found all the people on every adventure game site really helpful and want to help and are just all-in-all great people. I think in shooting games, or role playing games, where you text people, there might be some animosity or name-calling, or maybe just a lack of respect, but adventure gamers are the best!!

There are always a rotten apple or two in the bunch ! I play fps & rpg games . I don't encounter that problem , but then again , I don't play online games . Adventire games tell a story , almost always a good story ! I love a good story !
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:58 pm

Hello everybody! Very Happy

I discovered this interesting and nice site for adventure games through the Adventure games coalition link.

I am from Rhodes-Greece and a great fan of Adventure gaming.

My favourite Adventure Games are mostly the 3rd person pont'n'click adventures with cartoony graphics. Of course I like the 1st person perspective adventures too and the FMV adventure games. My favorite ones are the old Lucasarts games, Broken Swords, Gilbert Goodmate, Black Dahlia,Ripper, and other games of that type.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:18 pm

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 506268 Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 506268 Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 506268 Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 506268

Welcome , tsampikos !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:22 pm

Nice meeting you!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:29 am

Hi tsampikos and welcome Smile

I'm glad you found the Point we have a very nice site here thanks to Gelert. Smile Enjoy your time here. The first Broken Swords are some of my favorites too. I love adventures of all kinds old and new.

I look forward to seeing more of you Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:33 am

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:49 am

I also like old and new games. Age is not a problem!On the contrary, I would say that the older ones are a little bit better.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:11 pm

Welcome, tsampikos,
I also like the older games better, but there is one almost new game that has the same style of adventure and I enjoyed it very much, like I was back at LucasArts and playing Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis! It came out last year about this time: Lost Horizon, the best game in a long time in my opinion.
Back in 2008 there was a good game, Diamonds In The Rough, that was made by Atropos Studios, Athens, Greece and founded by Alkis Polyrakis, who unfortunately from my point of view, is no longer making games. Maybe you have played this game, or his freeware game, Other Worlds?
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi mindysue!

I agree, lost horizon must be a great game, i have heard only positive comments about it, that's why I bought it and Is in my "games to play" list. I somehow think that this game should be similar to the old Dynamic game of 1990 "Heart of China". Am i right or wrong? Wink Well, Alkis, is still definetly interested in Adventure games, I do not have Diamonds in the Rough yet, but I have Other Worlds. It's sure that if Alkis hat a greater budged both of the games would be much better than they are now. But still they are both mentionable efforts. Many of the new games are good but many other lack of innovation and ideas. I think that Daedalic, Pendulo and especially Telltale Games are on the right track. The Adventure games scene needs games like, Runaway, Next big thing, Hector, Back to the Future, Jack Keane etc. and in general games with crazy scenario, fun and new ideas.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:24 pm

tsampikos ...... I agree with everything you said there.

Unusual for me. lol! Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 111949
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi tsampikos,

Yes, I would say you are right in thinking Lost Horizon is a lot like Heart Of China, which I played years ago and still fondly remember as being a great adventure. Both are games that made me want to keep on playing when I reached the end, like I just didn't want to leave their adventurous world. I don't get that feeling with every good game I play and enjoy so it doesn't happen all that often.

You say you have Other Worlds, but you didn't mention playing it, so I'm wondering if you played it, what did you think of the ending? I played it back in July, 2006 and I'm still haunted (maybe not exactly the right word) by the ending which was totally unexpected by me, but did fit the story very well, maybe too well for me? Many scenes from those other worlds are still in my memory bank and for a free game, made by Alkis when he was quite young, that's something.
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Hello mindysue.I.didn't play other worlds yet.If i had the time i would play the whole day but unfortunately that's not the case.When. I am through with alter ego I will focus on freeware adventures and other worlds is one of them which will be played sooner or later.I like both old and new games. Freeware and commercial.If only i had more time...
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:17 am

A really good freeware game is Flight of the Amazon Queen. It should be good since it was a commercial game that was later released for free. I found that out after I played the game and I tried to email the maker of the game to say how much I liked it when I learned the email address was no longer valid. Seems I was too late and the game was a lot older than I realized. Yet another game from the days when adventure games were just that: adventures, not a lot of technical advances hyped up to be something special. BTW, I am not a fan of Myst and its clones! To me they are puzzle games, a different breed entirely. Good in what they do, but just not my type of game, that's all.
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:10 pm

Yes indeed, Flight of the Amazon Queen is great. It can be played both in DOSBox and ScummVM. I have except from the freeware version of the game, also the retail one (CD Version) of the middle 90s. Myst and similar games are also not my favorite ones, but I try not to ignore them. Wink
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Flight of the Amazon Queen is one of my favorite games. You can also get a free download of Flight of the Amazon Queen from DotEmu.com I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it.

I really enjoyed Lost Horizon too.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
daily1game
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: I'm Henry a crazy gamer   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 8:16 am

Hi Friends, I'm Henry the craziest gamer on this planet. I love to play games. Adventure games is my favorite gaming category. Nightmare Realm is one of my favorite game. The newest PC game "Limbo" is also my favorite. Playing PC games is the only thing which gives me 100% satisfaction. cheers
Regards,
Henry
Back to top Go down
http://www.daily1game.com/
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 8:34 am

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 506268

Good to see you here. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:12 am

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 506268 Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 506268 Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 506268 Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 506268
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi daily1game Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 7 Welcome to Adventure Point Smile Enoy your time here. We all love adventure games here too. I love adventure games of all kinds but horror are my favorite.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 1:22 am

daily1game, you'll be right at home here. A whole lot of us appreciate the adventure genre and discuss all the new releases, both indie and mainstream. So dive right in! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next