Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)

Go down 
+39
Draclvr
colpet
Bacardi Jim
daily1game
tsampikos
Enter The Story
winfrey
SweetDalilah
HandsFree
struzzo
raylinstephens
lakerz
Mullane
Joee
mindysue
ellihale
Wallymian
gruefeeder
fancidanci
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Lady Kestrel
zobraks
jrme421
StarLite Moon
McDuff
Jen
GreyFuss
Faust
rainbowgirl15
Unicorn
Bastos
mbday630
AngDMC
hatshepsut
jkeerie
Mystery Lover
Catnip
Gelert
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Bacardi Jim
Wanderer's Apprentice
Bacardi Jim

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi hi. I'm guessing I don't really need to introduce myself. Happy to be invited here.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi Bicardi Jim and welcome to Adventure Point. Glad to see you here and hope you enjoy it here Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:23 pm

Well hello Bacardi Jim, nice to see you here Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:46 am

Hi there Jim. You're very welcome.

We're a very friendly bunch o'grapes of people. lol!

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 506268
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
colpet
Wanderer's Apprentice
colpet

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi everyone! Nice to see a few familiar faces names Smile
I'm a big 1st person puzzler fan (Myst-like). There's not been much available for the likes of me recently. The few new 1st person games around have been mostly suspence/horror, and I prefer fantasy.
Some of my all time favorites:
Real Myst, Riven and Myst 3
Riddle of the Sphinx
Tex Murphy
Obsidian
Black Dahlia
Rhem series - Knut Mueller is my hero!
Gabriel Knight series (one of the few 3rd person games I really liked)

Games I'm looking forward to:
Rhem 5
Amarhys
Code Name Hypnosis
Braken Tor
the new Tex Murphy (I'm a backer for the game)
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi colpet. Smile It's great to see you again. With your taste for 1st person games, especially Tex and Rhem, I can guarantee you that you'll feel very much at home here.

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 506268 Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 455702 Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 402982
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi colpet Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 506268 to Adventure Point. I'm really looking forward to Bracken Tor too Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Welcome , colpet !! Hope you like it here !!
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 2:52 am

hi colpet, I definitely remember you from the gameboomers forums. I'm glad to see you posting here now also. If you get some spare time, you may want to look through the 'Adventure Database' which is accessible through the main page of the Adventure Point website. You never know what games might strike your fancy that you never heard about before. Very Happy

http://www.adventurepoint.co.uk/#/adventure-database/4532215111
Back to top Go down
colpet
Wanderer's Apprentice
colpet

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 2:11 pm

That's a great feature. Thanks, lakerz.
Back to top Go down
gruefeeder
Opportunist Explorer
gruefeeder

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi Colpet,

I share your taste in games. Hopefully we'll see all those you've listed and more. I was interested in Coven, by Arberth Studios, the developer of Rhiannon.

There's a trailer on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHDye4ocNj0

Unfortunately it seems to be delayed again according to the developer's website.
http://www.arberthstudios.com/mainpage.html
Back to top Go down
colpet
Wanderer's Apprentice
colpet

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:10 pm

Yes, Coven is also something to look forward too. Thanks for the reminder.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:24 pm

Hi Colpet

Very happy to see you here. We could use some fresh perspectives and posts here at The Point and just in time for the winter months and hopefully several first person games releasing. cheers
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 4:08 am

Nice to see so many new members here! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
fisu
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi All,

Couldn't resist when I was invited -- great to find out about one more fascinating adventure game site! Been adventuring all my life, both textually and graphically, also kinesthetically (physical challenge) as well as nonkinesthetically (no physical challenge). I probably won't be writing here that much due to my constant lack of time but will be browsing whenever I've got a chance. What I do, then? Well, I research adventure games, lucky me.

About game favorites, send me a message and I'll give you the top three of today. A promise. (Unless I'm not on the road.)

-fisu
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi fisu and a very warm welcome to Adventure Point. Very Happy

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 506268

By the way, we have another member here from your neck of the woods Gunness, and he happens to be a very VERY big fan of IF too. Take a look in the Interactive Fiction section of the forums. He has posted there quite a bit.

Regards,

Gelert
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi fisu

Welcome aboard. cheers

Love the words you use...
Quote :
textually and kinesthetically as well as nonkinesthetically
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Welcome to Adventure Point, fisu!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:17 am

Hi fisu and welcome to Adventure Point. We hope you vomeback often and can find time to post . We look forward to hearing from you Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
fisu
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 8:50 am

Nice to read the replies!

GreyFuss wrote:
Love the words you use...
Quote :
textually and kinesthetically as well as nonkinesthetically
Laughing

In academia (and game journalism) people tend to use the term 'adventure game' to refer to all games with a story. But as most people reading this agree the classic adventure does not challenge the player physically / psychomotorically, which is a thing quite hard to explain to people who have never played classic adventure games. How can you distinguish poetry from prose to someone who has never read the former? Well, I'm trying, and 'kinesthetic' feels like a much more usable word for games with action elements than 'psychomotor' -- there is in fact hardy any 'physical' challenge in most videogames, sports are physical!

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 32961

My second message, and already got the philosophical gear on..

Back to top Go down
G-rant's Games
Wanderer's Apprentice
G-rant's Games

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi, I'm Grant. My favorite adventure games are Star Fox Adventures, Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, the Metroid Primes, and Mushroom Men. Metal Arms is a shooter, but I'd say the story mode was definitely an adventure. My nickname in middle school was "G-rant". I started making games then, and I still call my company "G-rant's Games." Things I like besides games are most types of animals and pretty much all forms of art.
Back to top Go down
https://www.grantojanen.com/
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 3:18 am

Hi G-rant's Games and  Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 506268  to Adventure Point. I hope you enjoy your it here.
What kind of games do you make ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
G-rant's Games
Wanderer's Apprentice
G-rant's Games

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 12:46 pm

hatshepsut wrote:
Hi G-rant's Games and  Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 506268  to Adventure Point. I hope you enjoy your it here.
What kind of games do you make ?

hatshepsut

I've only finished 2 games (one is a non-violent adventure and the other is a shooter.) Most of my work in progress games are platformer or shooters though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.grantojanen.com/
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 1:50 am

Welcome G-rant. Anymore, there are a lot of cross genre bleeds for games. Shooters with adventure aspects. RPGs with action aspects, etc. While some dislike that trend, I think it's fine. Sometimes that is how new genres get formed (like Tower Defense games).
Back to top Go down
YeliOrog
Wanderer's Apprentice
YeliOrog

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 2:48 pm

I made a FMV adventure game called Yeli Orog. I'm going to make a post about it on the forum.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/886270/Yeli_Orog/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next